AMAXX

I-130 issues for spouse & child immigrating

20 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2021 at 12:12 AM, AMAXX said:

You must not be a Christian for compassion escapes you.

Compassion is exactly what is being shown.  Compassion wont change the laws.  You failed to read and understand what you wanted to do.  I was in your boat and I had to rush to marry my wife before her son turned 18.  I had to make 2 trips to the Philippines.  One trip was only for 1 day to get the affidavit from the embassy and to get the marriage license.  We got lucky and didn't need the family planning seminar.  I dint have enough time off to stay the 3 weeks needed to do this right.  I made a second trip to get married 3 weeks after the first trip.  I understood that I needed to establish the step father/ step son relationship in order to bring my step son with my wife and his sister.  The rules are very black and white on this at every single government page I looked at.  My heart goes out to you because I understand your situation.  It was still nobodies fault but your own.  There are no gray areas in these rules.  This ball was dropped by you.  It makes no sense to try to blame others.  Trust me, there is compassion here.  I screwed up my K-1 and it was denied.  It was my fault.  I had no problem hearing the truth from the people here.  I couldn't hide as no matter what my situation was and howe I got there, ultimately it was me who sent the petition.  

I feel awful for your situation but there is no way to change that now.  Find a path and make it work.  Tourist visas and lots of traveling will make this as easy as possible.  Have your wife file as soon as she arrives on US soil.  I will pray that it all works out for you.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Compassion is exactly what is being shown.  Compassion wont change the laws.  You failed to read and understand what you wanted to do.  I was in your boat and I had to rush to marry my wife before her son turned 18.  I had to make 2 trips to the Philippines.  One trip was only for 1 day to get the affidavit from the embassy and to get the marriage license.  We got lucky and didn't need the family planning seminar.  I dint have enough time off to stay the 3 weeks needed to do this right.  I made a second trip to get married 3 weeks after the first trip.  I understood that I needed to establish the step father/ step son relationship in order to bring my step son with my wife and his sister.  The rules are very black and white on this at every single government page I looked at.  My heart goes out to you because I understand your situation.  It was still nobodies fault but your own.  There are no gray areas in these rules.  This ball was dropped by you.  It makes no sense to try to blame others.  Trust me, there is compassion here.  I screwed up my K-1 and it was denied.  It was my fault.  I had no problem hearing the truth from the people here.  I couldn't hide as no matter what my situation was and howe I got there, ultimately it was me who sent the petition.  

I feel awful for your situation but there is no way to change that now.  Find a path and make it work.  Tourist visas and lots of traveling will make this as easy as possible.  Have your wife file as soon as she arrives on US soil.  I will pray that it all works out for you.

Thanks John. Ultimately it is my fault, as I told my wife, I did ask, and took courses, but no matter what, it must get rectified and I am working on it. 

Namaste

2 minutes ago, AMAXX said:

Thanks John. Ultimately it is my fault, as I told my wife, I did ask, and took courses, but no matter what, it must get rectified and I am working on it. 

Namaste

Your family will be in our thoughts. Hopefully you will all find a way for this to work as good as it possibly can. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.