CUCATRAP

biometrics experience

18 posts in this topic

I got my biometrics taken yesterday, they just asked for the letter with the biometrics appointment and my NY ID. (I had taken with me my passport and my greencard just in case, but the State ID was more than enough)

TIP: THEY MAKE YOU FILL A FORM WITH SOME BASIC INFO. INCLUDING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER . i WAS LUCKY I REMEMBERED IT! ;)

IT WAS FAST AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. IN FACT, I WENT 1 HOUR EARLIER AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAINED!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Filed: Timeline
I got my biometrics taken yesterday, they just asked for the letter with the biometrics appointment and my NY ID. (I had taken with me my passport and my greencard just in case, but the State ID was more than enough)

TIP: THEY MAKE YOU FILL A FORM WITH SOME BASIC INFO. INCLUDING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER . i WAS LUCKY I REMEMBERED IT! ;)

IT WAS FAST AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. IN FACT, I WENT 1 HOUR EARLIER AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAINED!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hi, Thank you for this information. I hope my local office is fast and friendly to me ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hi, Thank you for this information. I hope my local office is fast and friendly to me ;)

My husband had his biometric appointment in Newark on June 27. Our appointment was for 1pm, but we arrived at 12 or so, and we were out of there before 1pm. Remember your SS card or number because you need it for the form you fill out while there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah & Boris (CT & Berlin, Germany)

7/20/05 Boris arrives in the US

8/05/05 3 "Welcome to America" letters received

8/10/05 applied for SS#, as the one requested on paperwork hasn't shown up.

8/11/05 4th "Welcome to America" letter received.

8/12/05 Conditional Green Card received

8/20/05 SSN received

05/07 submitted application for Removal of Conditions, VSC

06/07 biometrics, Newark, NJ

11/16/07 Card production ordered!!

11/20/07 10year card received!

Claudeth had a very similar experience. Another item to check of the list of things to do :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

We went to the ASC on the 6th. The ASC officer asked for my NoA-2 and 2-year GC. Fortunately I had my 2-year GC just in case. The ASC officer was very polite and kind but didn't show me a smile :( And I wrote an application form: my name, address, race, nationality, SS#, height, weight and my parents's first name.

i had mine yesterday.. the guy was really bitchy and hubs and our son had to wait outside.. #######? :angry:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
i had mine yesterday.. the guy was really bitchy and hubs and our son had to wait outside.. #######? :angry:

Sorry you had a bad experience, but thankyou, as your post answered my question! My husband is out of state so won't be able to attend the biometrics - I was pretty sure he didn't need to, but I had a little panic just now and just needed some confirmation - thanks.

Mike (Connecticut, USA) and Rosemary (Blue Mountains, Australia)

NATURALISATION UPDATE:

Nov 5 2008 - sent in N400 to CSC

Nov 13 2008 - check cashed

Nov 19 2008 - received NOA dated Nov 13, says application transferred to Nat'l Benefits Center

Dec 4 2008 - Biometrics done

Feb 9 2009 - Received letter saying interview on Mar 18 2009.

Mar 18 2009 - Interview - in and out in 8 minutes!

Mar 23 2009 - Received oath letter for ceremony April 10. Doh!! I'll be travelling. Sent letter requesting later ceremony date.

May 29 2009 - OATH CEREMONY, Reno. I am now a US citizen!

I-751 UPDATE:

May 2007 - Moved to Reno NV, and so we file at CSC instead of NSC - yay!!!

July 23, 2007 - I-751 mailed

July 25, 2007, 10.47am - envelope delivered to CSC

August 2, 2007 - Check cashed

August 6, 2007 - NOA 1 received

Sept 10, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

Sept 21, 2007 - Received 10yGC approval letter dated 9/18 - wow, speedy, and no interview!

Sept 29, 2007 - 10yr GC arrives

OUR HISTORY:

Oct 1 2005 - AUSTRALIAN WEDDING!!

Oct 4 - DCF Sydney Interview, Visa in Hand!

Oct 18 - WE FLY BACK TO UTAH TOGETHER!!!!!! POE LAX

Nov 1 2005 - Received Green Card by Mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is standard procedure. If you can speak and understand English without the need of someone to interpret for you, then you and only you are allowed inside the building. My husband had sit outside in the card and wait as well. Not a big deal.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• 2 weeks later...

When i went to Biometrics in LA - there were 2 families with kids and baby in stroller inside at the waiting area, but only applicatns were allowed inside of actual biometrics room.

I will try to do walk in Monday Sep 24.

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't remember my SSN when I was filling out that form and I was worried but when I brought the form up I asked the lady about it and she said that it was no problem....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Mine was in Indianapolis and I forgot about the time difference so was about 30 minutes late! They said it was no problem as they knew I was coming from Illinois. My wife was allowed come in with me as well so that was nice. They were very friendly and it was done very quickly, only 1 or 2 others there on the day. :)

Edited by Ruairi

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, its very fast. Our appt. was on Oct. 24. We got there 30 min early for our appt. and my wife showed her bio letter and Chicago state ID, filled out the info, and was taken immediately to get finger prints and picture. It only took 15 min then we were done. :thumbs:

This is standard procedure. If you can speak and understand English without the need of someone to interpret for you, then you and only you are allowed inside the building. My husband had sit outside in the card and wait as well. Not a big deal.

well not really cuz when i had my biometrics in 2005 he was allowed to come inside.. he was behind me all the time.. even when they took my pic and finger prints.. :whistle:

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well not really cuz when i had my biometrics in 2005 he was allowed to come inside.. he was behind me all the time.. even when they took my pic and finger prints.. :whistle:

You were fortunate. Oklahoma City's district office has always been that way for me (since 2005 as well). The only time my husband was allowed into the building was when we were both there for our AOS interview.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.