craig5977

Interview Done and Passed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We had our interview today. It went smoothly until the end at which time the IO mentioned that I did not have quite enough income to sponsor her and her son. My wife quickly responded as i informed her to do by asking if they looked at our assets? They looked and said, okay, congratulations, you passed and we will print and email your visas and passports.

The questions asked where:

1. How did you two meet?

2. Did any of your husband's family or friends from USA attend the wedding? And why or why not?

3. Do you have any relatives in USA? Where do they live? Do you talk to them?

4. How many children does your husband have?

5. How old is the oldest son? She tried to mess up my wife with the year but she gave the correct answer. What does he do for work?

6. Asked about my ex and why we divorced?

7. What does your husband do in his free time? And why?

8. What will you do when you go to USA for work?  What will your husband do for work?

9. What is your husband's job?  She answered about my job in Vietnam and what my former job was in USA

10. What did you argue about? Why and when was the last time you argued?

11. They asked why my income was so high in 2017 and what was my job to get that salary?

12. How many visas had your husband applied for before?

13. You don't have enough income to sponsor your wife and son, my wife asked if they looked at the assets? They looked and said,okay, congratulations, you passed and we will print and email your visas and passports.My wife saw the blue slip setting there on the chair and was so happy when they said she passed. We think this is the reason we didn't get a pink slip, so was fortunate with all the correct answers and quick thinking she turned the blue to pink. At the time I was the only American with his wife. When they called us to the window, they asked me and our son to take a seat while they interviewed her.

The lady was so very kind and friendly and always smiled. Even the translator was very nice and kind. They both smiled when our 5 year old son held up his right arm and to swear in. He also wanted to get his fingerprints done, but he is to young. We told him to do whatever mom did. So he did.

All in all it was a quick interview, maybe 10 minutes.

We would like to thank everyone for their kind help along the way through this process.

Craig and Linh

Timeline
7 hours ago, Tonydnc said:

Congrats!! We are to be interviews on the 4th. I hope we get the same results! You are lucky to be there with her. How did you make it to VN with all the restrictions! Again congrats and wishing you guys many many years of happiness. 

Thanks much. I have been living and working here since July of 2019. That's the only way I could be with her.

Timeline

Congrats.  Surprised they told you to go sit down.  I stayed for the whole thing - also the only USC in the roon - and I answered most of the questions.  I think my wife answered 3-4.  Just goes to show that it's really a crapshoot on who you get for an interviewer.

Glad it went well for you!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stein said:

Congrats.  Surprised they told you to go sit down.  I stayed for the whole thing - also the only USC in the roon - and I answered most of the questions.  I think my wife answered 3-4.  Just goes to show that it's really a crapshoot on who you get for an interviewer.

Glad it went well for you!

Thanks much,

I was surprised also they asked me to sit down, but our 5 year old son was with so I think they figured was easier if i kept him separate. We had the woman interviewer, she was very kind, polite and always smiling.This made my wife more relaxed also. Yes it really is a #######-shoot who you get.

Safe travels! I know you are leaving soon with family, we are looking first week of April.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, craig5977 said:

Safe travels! I know you are leaving soon with family, we are looking first week of April.

Yep, we are heading out March 25th.  Remember, you need a negative covid test 72 hours before flight to get into the US.  Kind of a joke, coming from the safest place on the planet to....somewhere not safe.... requires a test. LOL

Shop around.  The first two places that we checked wanted 3,200,000 vnd for each test.  She found a hospital that does it for 750,000.

I can accept that.  Paying $150 for a test is ridiculous when the cost of the vaccine is less than the cost of the test! 

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.