Tio

I-751 Form: Concerns

10 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone.

So, I have a few questions:

1. "Information About Your Children" section. We do not have any. Do I leave it all blank OR should I just type "N/A" in every box? Also, since we do not have any children, do we leave the boxes empty where it says, "Is this child living with you" and "is this child applying with you"? It's a "Yes" or "No" answer, but neither applies to us since we do not have any children.

2. "Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident?" question. We have not resided at any other address since the spouse became a permanent resident; however, we just signed a new lease (February 16th) and we will be moving into the new apartment on March 1st, 2021. So, do I answer "Yes" or "No" to this specific question? Also, I'm going to use the soon-to-be new address on the form once we complete it, given the fact that we will be moving into the new apartment in less than two weeks and by the time they process the form, we'd have already been in our new place. Is this correct? Is this the correct approach since we are moving to a new place? 

3. As for every other section that does that apply to us, we will add "N/A" as the instructions say; however, some of the questions do not have an option to write this and only allows you to fill in a box, something like "Waiver or Individual Filing Request". This we will leave blank because it does not apply to us. Is that correct?

4. Pictures. I wish to add a few pictures to this application given the fact that when we went to our AOS interview, the IO didn't take any. He didn't even look at the photo album. So, it was suggested for me to add a few pictures to a page, say, Microsoft Word, and write a brief description at the bottom. This is what I am doing and I have been able to add a number of pictures from different occasions on different pages. Is this OK today? Can I do this, print it with a nice printer that I have and add it to the form? 

Thanks, all! I just want help with these concerns so that we can send this package once and for all.

Thanks!

Edited by Tio

Regarding #2, I would think that you would fill out the information based on your situation as of the date that you sign the form.

So if you're still at the old address when you sign your Form I-751, I don't think you need to include the address of the place that you will be moving to in the future. But if you sign the form after March 1st, then you should include the new address since you're going to be living at the new place at that time.

It shouldn't matter when the USCIS officer reads the information on your form, what should matter is whether the details were accurate on the day you signed it.

22 minutes ago, farsyd said:

Regarding #2, I would think that you would fill out the information based on your situation as of the date that you sign the form.

So if you're still at the old address when you sign your Form I-751, I don't think you need to include the address of the place that you will be moving to in the future. But if you sign the form after March 1st, then you should include the new address since you're going to be living at the new place at that time.

It shouldn't matter when the USCIS officer reads the information on your form, what should matter is whether the details were accurate on the day you signed it.

This makes sense. Thanks!

If I add the current, physical address and then the new address on the mailing address part, should that be OK? Or should I just wait until I'm in the new apartment to update the new address? Or, can I add the current address and let them know on the cover letter that I will be moving on March 1st, 2021? Please note that I will be adding a copy of the new lease that I signed on February 16th, 2021, which states that the lease commences on March 1st, 2021. Is that enough? Furthermore, I am also going to add the current lease of where we are staying at until March 1st, 2021. So, there will be two lease added on the form: the current one where we have been living at since May, 2018 and the new one that we will be moving into on March 1st, 2021.

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure that I do this correctly.

Thanks, all.

Edited by Tio

I'm so stressed right now.

I went ahead to staple papers that I had, namely, utility bills and they are more than 100 pages. I'm now informed that USCIS does NOT want you to staple papers. They want you to use paper clips and whatnot.

May someone please provide information as to how they exactly assembled their I-751 package? Like, may you please provide pictures? I'm going insane now because I stapled my papers together. I did use a small stapler, but I'm told they don't want that.

What exactly did you use for your package? May you please provide pictures? I have everything I need to send, but I'm now worried because I do not know how to assemble it. I definitely do not want to make it harder for them to go through my package.

Thanks!

And if someone may answer my previous questions, that'd be splendid.

3 hours ago, Tio said:

If I add the current, physical address and then the new address on the mailing address part, should that be OK?

Yes, you should be able to use any address you want as the mailing address.

3 hours ago, Tio said:

Or should I just wait until I'm in the new apartment to update the new address?

If you want to send in the application by this Monday, you could use the new address as your mailing address. Then answer "Yes" to Item 16 on Form I-751, page 2. And put your current address in the "Physical Address" section.

3 hours ago, Tio said:

Or, can I add the current address and let them know on the cover letter that I will be moving on March 1st, 2021?

I think the best approach for you is to use NEW address in the Mailing Address section, and CURRENT address in the Physical Address Section. Definitely explain in the cover letter that you are moving from CURRENT address to NEW address on March 1st. And once you move, you should file the appropriate change of address forms for the petitioner and spouse, as applicable.

3 hours ago, Tio said:

Please note that I will be adding a copy of the new lease that I signed on February 16th, 2021, which states that the lease commences on March 1st, 2021. Is that enough?

If you've already signed up for renter's insurance, or if you've already signed up for utilities with both spouses names, then go ahead and include that. Otherwise, the lease itself should be enough.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Tio!  Take a few deep breaths.  Remove the staples.  USCIS prefers the use of ACCO binders, as that is how they file paper copies anyway.  BUT THIS IS NOT REQUIRED.  Use binder clips, or rubber bands, or whatever to keep your papers together.  If you have several sections (like we did), then binder clip or rubber band each section and then put a big clip or rubber band around the whole package.

USCIS scans every page of what you submit.  This is why they do not want staples and why they only want you to print on one side of the paper.

Include both leases.  Put a cover page on the new lease and say "Please note:  as of March 1st, we will be living at <new address>.  Use the new address on your forms so you can get your mail correctly.

A couple of pages of pictures in Word or PowerPoint are fine.

You can do this!!!  Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

24 minutes ago, Tio said:

I'm so stressed right now.

I went ahead to staple papers that I had, namely, utility bills and they are more than 100 pages. I'm now informed that USCIS does NOT want you to staple papers. They want you to use paper clips and whatnot.

May someone please provide information as to how they exactly assembled their I-751 package? Like, may you please provide pictures? I'm going insane now because I stapled my papers together. I did use a small stapler, but I'm told they don't want that.

What exactly did you use for your package? May you please provide pictures? I have everything I need to send, but I'm now worried because I do not know how to assemble it. I definitely do not want to make it harder for them to go through my package.

Thanks!

And if someone may answer my previous questions, that'd be splendid.

It would be better if you did not use staples at all. I read somewhere that the most time consuming process for the employees at the lockbox facility is removing staples before they can scan all the paperwork.

I didn't take pictures of our packet, but I remember there were a few threads here that had pictures of their packet. We followed the general guidelines, and used tabs at the bottom for each section. And then we just used rubber bands to keep the whole bundle of pages together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Paper clips to hold each section. Just remove the staples. 

I'd Wait until you moved and use the new address. In the grand scheme of things a few more days might not matter much. I filed a lot closer to the end of the 90 days. 

Photo of How I assembled my package attached. Placed everything in that brown envelope when done. 

IMG_20180911_185026.jpg

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.