neeuq

Montreal Consulate - How long to wait for Interview?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

With visa bans and the current backlogs at NVC for every consulate, it will, likely, be many months.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 3:35 PM, Daniel Rios said:

Our visa is F3 and It took us 9 months to get an interview at the Montreal Consulate, pre-COVID times (DQ Feb 2019, interview Nov. 2019). Still waiting for processing after they requested additional information :(

Hi

Daniel,

please guide which additional information or documents Montreal embassy asked during the interview.

i am also waiting for the f3 visa interview at Montreal embassy. Your experience will help me for the interview preparation.

Please guide me that Additional requested documents needs to submit to Montreal embassy or the CEAC website to NVC.

Please guide that how the processing of the additional requested documents submission, processing, approval, visa reinterview procedure works.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Canada_F3:

My suggestion is that you attend the interview with updated affidavits of support and supporting financial documentation, even if you are not required to bring them with you in advance. By the time you will attend the interview, probably this documentation will be outdated, so the consular officer is probably going to ask you for that again, what delays the issue of your visa. In our case, that's what they asked for, so we had to resubmit them again to the consulate in a further date. Unfortunately, many things happened with this Affidavit on our side, and then Covid arrived, so we ended submitting documents  by mid February 2020 with not enough time for processing before the consulate close due to Covid on March 17, 2020. They told us that normal processing for this it was 6-8 weeks, so bad timing for us. Now the consulate is partially open again but I understand is not processing F3 visas yet, only spouse and children visas, medical personnel, etc. so we have no other option than waiting.

Besides of that, I would suggest you bring updated police records too. You never know. You might want the officer have everything to make a decision about your visa at the spot and not having to resubmit additional documents. Mi guess is that when you get your interview appointment and they ask you for your medical, they will ask you for this, but if they don't, be prepare.

The interview is pretty simple, they just ask basic questions about relationship with the petitioner, what do you do for a living etc. and review the originals of the documents submitted to CEAC electronically. If you are asked for more documentation like us, they will give you  what it is called a '"Refusal Worksheet" explaining the motives and indicating what to submit and how. You only have to resubmit them by courier following their procedures, yo don't have to attend an interview again, or at least that was our case. They said it takes 6-8 week to reprocess the visa due to the volume of applications, etc. so I sincerely wish your visas are approved on spot and does not have to pass through this.

Good luck and be patient. Things seems to be moving slowly.

23 minutes ago, Daniel Rios said:

Hi Canada_F3:

My suggestion is that you attend the interview with updated affidavits of support and supporting financial documentation, even if you are not required to bring them with you in advance. By the time you will attend the interview, probably this documentation will be outdated, so the consular officer is probably going to ask you for that again, what delays the issue of your visa. In our case, that's what they asked for, so we had to resubmit them again to the consulate in a further date. Unfortunately, many things happened with this Affidavit on our side, and then Covid arrived, so we ended submitting documents  by mid February 2020 with not enough time for processing before the consulate close due to Covid on March 17, 2020. They told us that normal processing for this it was 6-8 weeks, so bad timing for us. Now the consulate is partially open again but I understand is not processing F3 visas yet, only spouse and children visas, medical personnel, etc. so we have no other option than waiting.

Besides of that, I would suggest you bring updated police records too. You never know. You might want the officer have everything to make a decision about your visa at the spot and not having to resubmit additional documents. Mi guess is that when you get your interview appointment and they ask you for your medical, they will ask you for this, but if they don't, be prepare.

The interview is pretty simple, they just ask basic questions about relationship with the petitioner, what do you do for a living etc. and review the originals of the documents submitted to CEAC electronically. If you are asked for more documentation like us, they will give you  what it is called a '"Refusal Worksheet" explaining the motives and indicating what to submit and how. You only have to resubmit them by courier following their procedures, yo don't have to attend an interview again, or at least that was our case. They said it takes 6-8 week to reprocess the visa due to the volume of applications, etc. so I sincerely wish your visas are approved on spot and does not have to pass through this.

Good luck and be patient. Things seems to be moving slowly.

Hi Daniel Rios,

Thank you very much for sharing your visa experience and valuable suggestions. It will very helpful to me for the interview preparations. 

I hope and wish that you will get your visa approval at the earliest.

Thank you once again.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, Canada_F3 said:

Hi Daniel Rios,

Thank you very much for sharing your visa experience and valuable suggestions. It will very helpful to me for the interview preparations. 

I hope and wish that you will get your visa approval at the earliest.

Thank you once again.....

Hi

You have received any updates on interview.

Timeline

Hi

Hi Canada_F3.

No, we haven't. Too bad.
There are some recent immigrant visa prioritization updates on the travel.state.gov page. it seems F3 is the third priority and we should expect delays.

5 hours ago, Daniel Rios said:

Hi

Hi Canada_F3.

No, we haven't. Too bad.
There are some recent immigrant visa prioritization updates on the travel.state.gov page. it seems F3 is the third priority and we should expect delays.

Hi

you May contact to embassy because some cancelled interviews March 2020 of f3 applicants are rescheduled in May 2021 .

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Daniel Rios said:

Hi

Hi Canada_F3.

No, we haven't. Too bad.

Hi

You have received any updates on interview or got visa!!!!!

On 4/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Daniel Rios said:

Hi

Hi Canada_F3.

No, we haven't. Too bad.

Timeline

Hi

Hi Canada_F3:
We received last week an email from the consulate requesting to update documentation including submitting new medicals, Affidavit of Support, Canadian police records, and the update of the DS-260 form. We don't have to attend an interview again, as we attended on Nov. 2019. If you haven't been contacted by the consulate yet, be prepared, your interview should be coming soon. 

6 hours ago, Daniel Rios said:

Hi

Hi Canada_F3:
We received last week an email from the consulate requesting to update documentation including submitting new medicals, Affidavit of Support, Canadian police records, and the update of the DS-260 form. We don't have to attend an interview again, as we attended on Nov. 2019. If you haven't been contacted by the consulate yet, be prepared, your interview should be coming soon. 

Congratulations. 

I think You have already submitted AOS and DS-260 after interview before March 2020. Then again third time they have asked for the AOS and DS-260 documents.   

Please correct me if I am wrong.

thank you.....

My DQ in May 2020, I assume that i need to wait for 7-8 months to get interview invitation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.