MLforest

Information on applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

7 posts in this topic

Hi all..

I have an 11 month old whose father is a US citizen. I have applied for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for my older son. However I cant book an appointment to be able to do this for my younger son. I am in the process of the spousal visa. Im just concerned that once my Visa is completed my younger son would only be able to travel on an ESTA. Is there any other way around it?

N.B. He was born after I applied for the Spousal Visa hence why he is not on the same application

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

US Citizens are not eligible to use the VWP or apply for ESTA.

Worst case and I have seen delays with CRBA's, you would be going to the Consulate for your IR1. Maybe they can help you then.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MLforest said:

Would I be able to fie for it as an emergency case if it got to that point?

Could I apply for it in America?

I do not know, that would be up to the Consulate. I would liek to think they would help you out, issuing you a visa with a very young US child that also needs to travel. 

CRBA are by definition not filed in the US - Consulate report birth abroad.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

19 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I do not know, that would be up to the Consulate. I would liek to think they would help you out, issuing you a visa with a very young US child that also needs to travel. 

CRBA are by definition not filed in the US - Consulate report birth abroad.

Ah yes that would make sense.

Ill just have to keep an eye on the website or wait till I get to the Consulate.

Thank You

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, MLforest said:

However I cant book an appointment to be able to do this for my younger son.

Appointment services for registering the birth of a child born outside the United States (CRBA) and applying for their first passport

If your child has urgent overseas travel that they are unable to undertake using a valid passport of a different nationality, you may contact us to request an emergency passport appointment for them as long as you have their long-form birth certificate (stating the name of both parents). Please contact us five working days before the date of overseas travel.

Link to that page https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-american-citizens-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

On 2/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, Wuozopo said:

Appointment services for registering the birth of a child born outside the United States (CRBA) and applying for their first passport

If your child has urgent overseas travel that they are unable to undertake using a valid passport of a different nationality, you may contact us to request an emergency passport appointment for them as long as you have their long-form birth certificate (stating the name of both parents). Please contact us five working days before the date of overseas travel.

Link to that page https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-american-citizens-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

This is great! Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.