J&D1008

February 2021 K1 Filers

834 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Do you have any updates?

Our NOA1 is 25th February and on 10th November we sent an “outside normal processing time” service request to the USCIS. They came back to us on 23rd November saying ''your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.''

The same day we checked our case status online and it updated from 'Case has been received' to 'Name was Updated' even though we did not update anything. Does this mean perhaps someone is working on our case? After some reading on the forums, people give different definitions.

The anticipation is real and we're patiently waiting for our NOA2.

Wishing the best for everyone else too!

25 minutes ago, gus_mili said:

Hi everyone!

Do you have any updates?

Our NOA1 is 25th February and on 10th November we sent an “outside normal processing time” service request to the USCIS. They came back to us on 23rd November saying ''your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.''

The same day we checked our case status online and it updated from 'Case has been received' to 'Name was Updated' even though we did not update anything. Does this mean perhaps someone is working on our case? After some reading on the forums, people give different definitions.

The anticipation is real and we're patiently waiting for our NOA2.

Wishing the best for everyone else too!

Hello! Interesting about “name was updated”. As your inquiry was positive, I would wait until next week to see if you get your NOA2 otherwise maybe give them a call and ask what I means? I filed an inquiry a month ago, received a response a few days later saying our case was pending adjudication. I technically can file another inquiry today as it’s 30 days later but the system doesn’t let me do that this morning!

My NOA1 is Feb 26 so I feel your pain! Each week I try to be positive and think it could be “the” week which tends to cause more disappointed haha. 

good luck! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received the same response that my case was being adjudicated wait up to 45 days for a decision. 45 days is almost over and no approval yet. Yesterday USCIS called my number by mistake. They had my number and email on someone else’s account. Anyway he said on Nov 22nd my case was worked on the officer is trying to finish it. My NOA1 is Nov 8th. 

On November 30 I can put in another service request. 

I submitted a request for status check two weeks ago and got a canned reply about processing times on Wednesday (11/24) but the email is from the California Service Center.  I filed from abroad, shipping it to Texas Service Center.  Does this mean that the case was transferred to California?  There is no transfer listed in the Case History, it is just "Case Received."  

24 minutes ago, Karabast39 said:

I submitted a request for status check two weeks ago and got a canned reply about processing times on Wednesday (11/24) but the email is from the California Service Center.  I filed from abroad, shipping it to Texas Service Center.  Does this mean that the case was transferred to California?  There is no transfer listed in the Case History, it is just "Case Received."  

Yes, vast majority of K1s are processed at the California center. Everyone ships the initial petition to Texas. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, stsel said:

Hi everyone! So thrilled to say we just got approved! NOA1 Feb 26, no RFE. Sent an inquiry on October 26 and received a very vague reply saying it was pending with no timeline. Just want to give hope to people with similar responses that it will happen! The past 2 weeks have been incredibly hard waiting, but keep the faith, it will happen soon!

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, stsel said:

Hi everyone! So thrilled to say we just got approved! NOA1 Feb 26, no RFE. Sent an inquiry on October 26 and received a very vague reply saying it was pending with no timeline. Just want to give hope to people with similar responses that it will happen! The past 2 weeks have been incredibly hard waiting, but keep the faith, it will happen soon!

🎉👏🏻👏🏻 congratulationsss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello,

So I’ll be using a joint sponsor in case it’s asked for. I’ve been out of work for 1 year. I do have other means of income which should meet the requirement. However , I want my fiancé to be prepared and of course I wouldn’t want anything holding us back, so I’ve decided to add a joint sponsor, in case they look for more information.

My question is is the i-864 needed at the interview ? It says on line that a joint sponsor is to come pledge a i-864 form.

Anyone have any knowledge on requirements for joint sponsor or steps to take ?

Thank you

Edited by Mademoiselle7

4 hours ago, Mademoiselle7 said:

Hello,

So I’ll be using a joint sponsor in case it’s asked for. I’ve been out of work for 1 year. I do have other means of income which should meet the requirement. However , I want my fiancé to be prepared and of course I wouldn’t want anything holding us back, so I’ve decided to add a joint sponsor, in case they look for more information.

My question is is the i-864 needed at the interview ? It says on line that a joint sponsor is to come pledge a i-864 form.

Anyone have any knowledge on requirements for joint sponsor or steps to take ?

Thank you

Your fiance(e) should take the I-864 to the interview along with the joint sponsor's IRS tax transcript.  Even though an I-864 isn't needed for a K-1, a Consular Officer takes into account the "totality of circumstances" and can consider a joint sponsor as credible evidence the applicant will not become a public charge concern. 

According to the pivot table in the February Filers spreadsheet, about 1/3 of the K1s that have seen action have received RFEs.  Has anyone reading this thread gotten an RFE?  I'm curious in the breakdown of RFEs by country or region.  I suppose USCIS' standard of evidence is higher for countries with known reports of marriage-immigration fraud.  I'm curious, specifically, if anyone petitioning a fiance from the Philippines on this thread has gotten an RFE this month.  Thanks, and a huge Thank You! to those who update that spreadsheet every week.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, stsel said:

Congratulations! We're still patiently waiting for a response.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.