sls

N400 Recommended for approval but stuck with background check

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, 

i would like to share my N400 Hoping someone can give me an advice.

I submitted my n400 at the end of January 2020, biometrics in February, uscis closed because of the pandemic, September 2020 did my interview : Officer handed me a paper saying Recommended for approval , he told me I shall receive the oath letter within 3 weeks... months have passed , I tried calling , going to the Jacksonville office... and they always said to keep waiting... my case is outside the processing time , and I submitted an inquiry, the response was USCIS has reviewed your Service Request.  According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed.  At this time, we are unable to determine when the adjudication of your case will be completed and no further action is required from you.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing.

I also contacted the Us representative and senator in January but haven’t heard any feedback yet.... yesterday I submitted an inquiry to CIS ombudsman. 

thank you in advance for your replies

13 minutes ago, sls said:

Hello guys, 

i would like to share my N400 Hoping someone can give me an advice.

I submitted my n400 at the end of January 2020, biometrics in February, uscis closed because of the pandemic, September 2020 did my interview : Officer handed me a paper saying Recommended for approval , he told me I shall receive the oath letter within 3 weeks... months have passed , I tried calling , going to the Jacksonville office... and they always said to keep waiting... my case is outside the processing time , and I submitted an inquiry, the response was USCIS has reviewed your Service Request.  According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed.  At this time, we are unable to determine when the adjudication of your case will be completed and no further action is required from you.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing.

I also contacted the Us representative and senator in January but haven’t heard any feedback yet.... yesterday I submitted an inquiry to CIS ombudsman. 

thank you in advance for your replies

The quote is pretty clear.  There is no way to waive or expedite the required background checks.

Any inquiry from a member of congress/senator/ombudsman will give you the very same information.  None of them will be able to get a prediction of how long the background checks will take.  USCIS  doesn't do that.

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t want to make the story long... the last answer was background check... but the previous communications never mentioned background checks , they would just tell me it’s still within processing times ... Also, I read on a forum, that USCIS is required to clear background check before scheduling an interview. I haven’t been outside the country since the interview ... so what are the checks for ?

11 minutes ago, sls said:

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t want to make the story long... the last answer was background check... but the previous communications never mentioned background checks , they would just tell me it’s still within processing times ... Also, I read on a forum, that USCIS is required to clear background check before scheduling an interview. I haven’t been outside the country since the interview ... so what are the checks for ?

The checks are for whatever may be in your background that requires them to fully vet, regardless of whether you've been out of the country recently.

New information could conceivably come up after an interview.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't logged on to VJ for two years, so this thread is now closed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.