flfreddy

I-485 Approved - Los Angeles

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The interview date was 2/8/21, 

EAD AP date was 7/15/2020

The experience was, we arrived at 300 N Los Angeles at 230pm for a 245pm appt.   Went thru ground floor xray, go to 8th floor, go to the check in window, take temperature and wait to be called.     Was called finally at 350pm after a 1 hr sit and do nothing.

Nice younger gentleman greeted us at DOOR 2, walked about 20m to his cubicle office.  He was nice enough to apologise for the wait due to more difficult cases.

Asked for marriage cert, Passports and whether we have anything else for him.

Handed 1040, House grant deed, HOA, Bk Statement, photos, Insurance docs and affidavit from colleague.

Asked him whether he needs any more medical updates, he said if you have any .. please.   Handed over Additional Vaccination record from USCIS doctor in sealed envelope. this is the I-693 part 5-7 and 10 for vaccinations part only.  We did this in abundance of caution in case USCIS needed it.

He appeared to be in a rush, checking off what we handed him, then quickly asked like 20 Are you terrorist, member of ... traffic human etc... Mostly NO answer type of questions.

THEN he said.. that was easy... I cant approve you right now, as I have to do background check and verify the K1 file is consistent with the 485 file.

Again rushing.. he said well probably you will hear something today....  and thank you for coming...

wham bam.. in and out in like 15mins.

By the evening at around dinner time, we received the approved email from USCIS..... now awaiting physical card.

what a K1 to 485 journey.

5/2019 to 2/2021

Good luck to all of you.... 8-)

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Los Angeles CA
Date Filed : 2020-02-18
NOA Date : 2020-02-20
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-03-13
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date : 2021-02-08
Edited by flfreddy

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, MariOki said:

Hi! Thank you for sharing!! I also live in los angels so, very helpful:)) can you share what kind of question he asked you?

Like, how you guys met? Thank you

No such Q... he was in a rush to go home.... it was already 4pm.

Just anything to show me?

You have the marriage cert and passport?

About 20 of the 50 I-485 Qs like are you a terrorist type of question.

How you met etc were asked at K-1 visa stage in China

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

3 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

No such Q... he was in a rush to go home.... it was already 4pm.

Just anything to show me?

You have the marriage cert and passport?

About 20 of the 50 I-485 Qs like are you a terrorist type of question.

How you met etc were asked at K-1 visa stage in Chin

Thats good! Unfortunately my interview has canceled today but thats good to know:)) thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/9/2021 at 11:27 PM, flfreddy said:

The interview date was 2/8/21, 

EAD AP date was 7/15/2020

The experience was, we arrived at 300 N Los Angeles at 230pm for a 245pm appt.   Went thru ground floor xray, go to 8th floor, go to the check in window, take temperature and wait to be called.     Was called finally at 350pm after a 1 hr sit and do nothing.

Nice younger gentleman greeted us at DOOR 2, walked about 20m to his cubicle office.  He was nice enough to apologise for the wait due to more difficult cases.

Asked for marriage cert, Passports and whether we have anything else for him.

Handed 1040, House grant deed, HOA, Bk Statement, photos, Insurance docs and affidavit from colleague.

Asked him whether he needs any more medical updates, he said if you have any .. please.   Handed over Additional Vaccination record from USCIS doctor in sealed envelope. this is the I-693 part 5-7 and 10 for vaccinations part only.  We did this in abundance of caution in case USCIS needed it.

He appeared to be in a rush, checking off what we handed him, then quickly asked like 20 Are you terrorist, member of ... traffic human etc... Mostly NO answer type of questions.

THEN he said.. that was easy... I cant approve you right now, as I have to do background check and verify the K1 file is consistent with the 485 file.

Again rushing.. he said well probably you will hear something today....  and thank you for coming...

wham bam.. in and out in like 15mins.

By the evening at around dinner time, we received the approved email from USCIS..... now awaiting physical card.

what a K1 to 485 journey.

5/2019 to 2/2021

Good luck to all of you.... 8-)

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Los Angeles CA
Date Filed : 2020-02-18
NOA Date : 2020-02-20
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-03-13
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date : 2021-02-08

Thank you for sharing.  Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.