Milka & Chris

were waiting already 12 months to get approved, getting frustrated

9 posts in this topic

My Husband filed last year 2020 in the beginning of february for the I-130 petition. We received a receipt number on the february 6,2020. and since then we didnt hear anything back. He called a couple times to ask about our case but we always got an different answer on how long to wait till we get approved. Today we sent a request for our case and patiently waiting for an answer. Were starting to get really frustated, especially because most couples from the uscis texas got approved sooner than us but filed later then we did. Did anyone know what we could do to speed up the process a little bit faster?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Milka & Chris said:

My Husband filed last year 2020 in the beginning of february for the I-130 petition. We received a receipt number on the february 6,2020. and since then we didnt hear anything back. He called a couple times to ask about our case but we always got an different answer on how long to wait till we get approved. Today we sent a request for our case and patiently waiting for an answer. Were starting to get really frustated, especially because most couples from the uscis texas got approved sooner than us but filed later then we did. Did anyone know what we could do to speed up the process a little bit faster?

If there was a "speed up the process" process, everyone would be doing it 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Which service center are you dealing with?

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Milka & Chris said:

texas service center

It shows on the website that they're processing March 2020 cases. If i were you, i would request an outside normal processing time (ONPT) request here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do

Wife's I-130:

9 minutes ago, Okalian said:

It shows on the website that they're processing March 2020 cases. If i were you, i would request an outside normal processing time (ONPT) request here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do

yea I did it today I requested. Do you think they will work on approve our application faster now?

17 minutes ago, mave said:

Many of us here have gone through that long waiting. It took me 11.5 months for the I-130 petition to be approved.

Im glad you guys got approved now! Hopefully we hear something back soon too.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Milka & Chris said:

yea I did it today I requested. Do you think they will work on approve our application faster now?

Im not sure. I filed an Ombudsman request too, since the priority date for my case prior in the original service center (since it was transferred to Vermont) was way past due, and Vermont shows it's still working on cases from 2018!

Im not sure if the Ombudsman request was what triggered the approv, since it was just recently requested and i know it could take much longer for the request to be addressed.

But keep the faith! Im positive your request will help things move.

Wife's I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.