Hpskid

Interview details casa 6/28/07

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I have never posted before but I figured I’d log my husbands K3 interview experience incase it can help anybody else. I have really been a lurker but thank you to all who do post it has helped me and my husband a lot! My husband had his interview on 6/28/07 in Casa at 8:00 AM (Morocco time). All interviewees waited in a room and went up to verify all the information they had and then were told to sit back down. He was there at the same time as Malory’s husband who went immediately after him and he said Mr. Malory looked very nice clean cut and well dressed (handsome man! :thumbs: ).

He was interviewed by the young blond who he said was very nice. She asked him:

Who is the petitioner

How old is she

how old are you

Does her age bother you (17 years difference *RED FLAG :blush: )

How many times has she visited Morocco and for how long each

What does your wife do for a living

What does your wife do for fun

Then she looked over the photos that I sent in the application on a Photoshop spreadsheet of sorts and he saw a big red APPROVED on those sheets. She didn’t ask for any of his proof of relationship. She handed him his passport back and the white paper (that she took off of a printer) with the 221g box checked which said:

SECTION 221(g) WICH PROHIBITS THE ISSUANCE OF A VISA TO ANYONE WHOSE APPLICATION DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF IMMIGRATON AND NATIONALITY ACT OR REGULATION ISSUED PURSUANT THERETO.

THE FOLLOWING REMARKS APLLY IN YOUR CASE *

YOUR CASE REQUIRES ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. WE WILL CONTACT U AS SOON AS WE ARE ABLE TO CONTINUE PROCESSING YOUR CASE.

she said “you did well on your interview and we need more processing time, we will be calling you next week to come get your visa” She confirmed his phone number and he left! That was it! Short simple and to the point!

It was overall an easygoing experience although he was terribly stressed after the fact because he didn’t know what the 221g meant and he sorta freaked doh! It’s so ambiguous! Oh well, based upon what she told him, it’s all working out so far so good!

What a relief! I hope this can help someone else in some way!

Take care and I’ll post when we get the visa incha allah next week! And damn I missed those cheap fares last week! I wanted to take the gamble it was like $175 for one way to JFK! I’m such a dork! Oh well! Sounds like it’ll be a Mastercard moment: Visa process thousands of dollars *ultimately, one way airfare to JFK 600 – 800 dollars, having your habibi with you finally! PRICELESS! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO :dance:

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi, I have never posted before but I figured I’d log my husbands K3 interview experience incase it can help anybody else. I have really been a lurker but thank you to all who do post it has helped me and my husband a lot! My husband had his interview on 6/28/07 in Casa at 8:00 AM (Morocco time). All interviewees waited in a room and went up to verify all the information they had and then were told to sit back down. He was there at the same time as Malory’s husband who went immediately after him and he said Mr. Malory looked very nice clean cut and well dressed (handsome man! :thumbs: ).

He was interviewed by the young blond who he said was very nice. She asked him:

Who is the petitioner

How old is she

how old are you

Does her age bother you (17 years difference *RED FLAG :blush: )

How many times has she visited Morocco and for how long each

What does your wife do for a living

What does your wife do for fun

Then she looked over the photos that I sent in the application on a Photoshop spreadsheet of sorts and he saw a big red APPROVED on those sheets. She didn’t ask for any of his proof of relationship. She handed him his passport back and the white paper (that she took off of a printer) with the 221g box checked which said:

SECTION 221(g) WICH PROHIBITS THE ISSUANCE OF A VISA TO ANYONE WHOSE APPLICATION DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF IMMIGRATON AND NATIONALITY ACT OR REGULATION ISSUED PURSUANT THERETO.

THE FOLLOWING REMARKS APLLY IN YOUR CASE *

YOUR CASE REQUIRES ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. WE WILL CONTACT U AS SOON AS WE ARE ABLE TO CONTINUE PROCESSING YOUR CASE.

she said “you did well on your interview and we need more processing time, we will be calling you next week to come get your visa” She confirmed his phone number and he left! That was it! Short simple and to the point!

It was overall an easygoing experience although he was terribly stressed after the fact because he didn’t know what the 221g meant and he sorta freaked doh! It’s so ambiguous! Oh well, based upon what she told him, it’s all working out so far so good!

What a relief! I hope this can help someone else in some way!

Take care and I’ll post when we get the visa incha allah next week! And damn I missed those cheap fares last week! I wanted to take the gamble it was like $175 for one way to JFK! I’m such a dork! Oh well! Sounds like it’ll be a Mastercard moment: Visa process thousands of dollars *ultimately, one way airfare to JFK 600 – 800 dollars, having your habibi with you finally! PRICELESS! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO :dance:

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Congratulations on a successful interview. Let us hope the visa will be issued soonest!!.

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's really great news!1 CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish you a speedy A/P. and i hope you are reunited with you love soon!!!

AJ1 (F):yes::dance::thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Congrats and Happy Reunion! :dance:

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh that sounds like it went very well!! Congrats and gotta love the mastercard line!! :lol::lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
Hi, I have never posted before but I figured I’d log my husbands K3 interview experience incase it can help anybody else. I have really been a lurker but thank you to all who do post it has helped me and my husband a lot! My husband had his interview on 6/28/07 in Casa at 8:00 AM (Morocco time). All interviewees waited in a room and went up to verify all the information they had and then were told to sit back down.

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Congradulations. Wish you both the best!!!!!!!!

I have my wife's interview on 24th and woul like to know:

1. How long ur husband had to wait for interview?

2. Do they allow spouse to be present? I am going for her interview.

3. If I am not allowwed inside, is there a cooler place around where i could wait?

I am curious, what was ur husabnd's reply to age difference question? Ours is bigger differnce (30). She is very mature and smart and know what her answer is.

Congrats again.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi, I have never posted before but I figured I’d log my husbands K3 interview experience incase it can help anybody else. I have really been a lurker but thank you to all who do post it has helped me and my husband a lot! My husband had his interview on 6/28/07 in Casa at 8:00 AM (Morocco time). All interviewees waited in a room and went up to verify all the information they had and then were told to sit back down.

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

3. If I am not allowwed inside, is there a cooler place around where i could wait?

I am curious, what was ur husabnd's reply to age difference question? Ours is bigger differnce (30). She is very mature and smart and know what her answer is.

Congrats again.

I wasn't able to go with my hubby (very pregnant the first time and then only 1 week notice the last time), but I think I've read on here that spouses aren't allowed to go. I do believe they have everyone show up at like 8:00 or 10:00 and then they just process you in and get to you one at a time.

There is a nice outdoor cafe across the street and headed back up to the main street. Don't remember the name of it though. Don't know if the benches are still there in the middle...since the bombing happened.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! :dance: :dance:

Edited by balmytigeress

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Timeline

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Congrats again.

I wasn't able to go with my hubby (very pregnant the first time and then only 1 week notice the last time), but I think I've read on here that spouses aren't allowed to go. I do believe they have everyone show up at like 8:00 or 10:00 and then they just process you in and get to you one at a time.

There is a nice outdoor cafe across the street and headed back up to the main street. Don't remember the name of it though. Don't know if the benches are still there in the middle...since the bombing happened.

Thanks for your reply. it is useful. Do know how long normally one has to wait from 8am time (like 1 or two hours)?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Congrats again.

Thanks for your reply. it is useful. Do know how long normally one has to wait from 8am time (like 1 or two hours)?

Thanks.

My husband told me that when the Consulate's office called about the appt., they said not to come to early. This was the first week they were open after the bombing and security was VERY strict. I think you just need to be out front by 8:00 or whatever time the schedule you. I would probably make sure I was there maybe 15 minutes till. They will ask the people standing in line if they have an appointment and they usually will let those people go first. They usually bring people out one by one from the line so they can "wand" them and look at their documents and then let them go to the door. As long as you are there 15 mintues or so before your appointment, you should be fine. More than likely, you will not be the only person with an 8:00 appt.

If you are asking about how long the interview takes, that is hard to say. The first interview my husband had (we're going through the 601 process) his appt. was at 10:00. Well, the didn't get to him before the lunch break, so he had to leave and come back. It all depends on how many people are there and if you are up first.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance::star:

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

Hi, I have never posted before but I figured I'd log my husbands K3 interview experience incase it can help anybody else. I have really been a lurker but thank you to all who do post it has helped me and my husband a lot! My husband had his interview on 6/28/07 in Casa at 8:00 AM (Morocco time). All interviewees waited in a room and went up to verify all the information they had and then were told to sit back down.

Take care,

HPSKID (Patti)

Congrats again.

Thanks.

It depends on how many people are there for the same appoitnment time and which order you are interviewed in. Most appointments tat say be there at 8am are finsihed before noon. If you are first once you get inside, it won;t take but maybe an hour. If you are last- expect 4 hours.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you to all for the congrats!

Well, I will find out from my husband what the name of the cafe is as HE GOES TO PICK UP THE VISA TOMORROW! YAY!!!!!!! :dance:

They called him today at 12:18 eastern US time! He is to go there tomorrow at 1:30 with the passport!

Anyway as for the age difference, i think my husband dropped the ball the idea was to go after the commonalities between us not the differences for instance, i've never been married and i've never had children (yet) and that was going to be his answer, like "well, she is older but we are the same she's never been married and never had children so no real problem" but! The man got nervous and simply answered a question with a question "why should i have a problem with that"!!!!! And he still passed! Go figure! So i dont know what the wrong answer would be, but my husband remembered that after that answer, she did ask him "has your wife been married before" and "has your wife ever had children" so had he answered the way planned he would have answered her fine! Anyway when asked about differences our plan was to give them the commonalities if possible which should outweigh the differences. That's what we planned and she hunted for them even if my husband was nervously arogant lol! But I love him anyway :D

I'll post the name of that cafe when he gets it tomorrow! And i'll ask him to case out other options if there are any.

Thanks to all for the support! ahhh my hibibi will be home on Thursday! omg! soooo exciting! (L)

Patti

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.