Becker

Processing Times Discussion (Nebraska)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all. Just wanted to ask a few questions on the processing times to try and determine how long things will take. 

So i have noticed applications from September 2020 (according to other VJ members' timelines) have been approved from Nebraska and some haven't. According to the USCIS processing times it is estimating 6-8 months for the processing of USC Spousal Applications. To follow this and this is where my questions come from, I have also noticed people with timelines from 2019 who have waited 300+ days for i130 approval and a further 200+ days for complete visa approval. 

What determines the incredible difference in processing times?

Also, when the case gets sent to NVC and you submit your documents etc. Is there a way of knowing when it will get sent to the local embassy (London in our case and the cases i have been looking at). 

Timeline

I’ve also noticed none of the applications from October onwards from VJ members have been approved as of yet. 

The VJ processing estimate page suggests that cases from August 31st 2020 are currently being processed.

Just confuses me how it all differentiates 

It's the million Dollar question. ;) Nobody knows.

I believe that in some of the cases people are being transferred to another (slower) service center without knowing and therefore without updating their timelines - which is one possible explanation for the variance.

For example, I thought we were with Nebraska until November 2020 even though we had been transferred to Potomac in May 2020 (just a few days after we filed the petition). We only found out because we asked.

In my opinion, generally everything takes longer than you hope for/think. There are a few exceptions but so far that is my experience.

Edited by Transatlanticism

Timeline
3 hours ago, Transatlanticism said:

It's the million Dollar question. ;) Nobody knows.

I believe that in some of the cases people are being transferred to another (slower) service center without knowing and therefore without updating their timelines - which is one possible explanation for the variance.

For example, I thought we were with Nebraska until November 2020 even though we had been transferred to Potomac in May 2020 (just a few days after we filed the petition). We only found out because we asked.

In my opinion, generally everything takes longer than you hope for/think. There are a few exceptions but so far that is my experience.

Thank you! How do you find out if you are transferred? Is there a number to call or anything. Also, did you file online or was it a paper based form?

I have seen so many people post on here saying 2022 looks likely which I think is fine but then VJs updates say that the estimated approval date is September. I think it’s a sense of false hope being created 

Edited by Becker

36 minutes ago, Becker said:

I have seen so many people post on here saying 2022 looks likely which I think is fine but then VJs updates say that the estimated approval date is September. I think it’s a sense of false hope being created 

VJ estimates are based on historical data from the timelines entered by VJ members.  Of course, the data is just a small sample of all the cases processed by USCIS.  Also, in these unprecedented times, predictions based on processing data from pre-COVID time would tend to be less accurate.

5 hours ago, Becker said:

Thank you! How do you find out if you are transferred? Is there a number to call or anything. Also, did you file online or was it a paper based form?

You can get on the chat in your USCIS account and ask them.

I filed online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.