Lyn84

ECC or CFO for dual passport holder

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask or maybe some clarifications about exit clearance. My baby has both a Philippine passport and a US passport. 

Does my dual citizen 2 year old baby need an exit clearance or a CFO sticker when leaving the country to USA?

Thank you

14 minutes ago, Lyn84 said:

Does my dual citizen 2 year old baby need an exit clearance or a CFO sticker when leaving the country to USA?

Neither. There isn't an ECC fee for citizens of the Philippines. Since the child is a dual citizen, CFO sticker is also not required.

3 hours ago, HRQX said:

Neither. There isn't an ECC fee for citizens of the Philippines. Since the child is a dual citizen, CFO sticker is also not required.

I confirm what HRQX said, having travelled with my dual citizen kids many times.

@HRQX, side question for you, if you know anything about it.  We always pay the Philippines Travel when we travel internationally.  p1620 for 3 adults and p810 for 2 dual citizen kids = p6480 every time.  Plus, as a USC here on a 13A, I have to pay a big ECC-B at the airport, p2850, I think.  Not cheap.  p9330 every time we take an Int'l trip, almost $200.

When we emigrate permanently, leaving Philippines on a one way ticket, do you think I'm going to have to pay all of these?

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

I confirm what HRQX said, having travelled with my dual citizen kids many times.

@HRQX, side question for you, if you know anything about it.  We always pay the Philippines Travel when we travel internationally.  p1620 for 3 adults and p810 for 2 dual citizen kids = p6480 every time.  Plus, as a USC here on a 13A, I have to pay a big ECC-B at the airport, p2850, I think.  Not cheap.  p9330 every time we take an Int'l trip, almost $200.

When we emigrate permanently, leaving Philippines on a one way ticket, do you think I'm going to have to pay all of these?

That's a lot of added expense just to take a trip from the Philippines with a family.

I didn't realize ECC was 2850 at the airport, they sure like to bend over forgeiners as well in the PHilippines when it comes to collect fees.  

2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

That's a lot of added expense just to take a trip from the Philippines with a family.

I didn't realize ECC was 2850 at the airport, they sure like to bend over forgeiners as well in the PHilippines when it comes to collect fees.  

Yes, it is.  That is one of the negatives of the 13A permanent resident visa.  You have to pay the travel tax..  When I was living on the tourist visa, I did not pay the TT and my ECC was the regular one you get ahead of time, for around ~550, if I recall correctly.  Also, there is airport departure taxes to be paid.

The travel tax is often included in your ticket if you choose to do that when booking.  I can't do that because they do not have the child discount available during the ticket booking and payment.  So to get the 50% child discount I have to pay the TT for all of us at the airport.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can pay the travel tax at a variety of locations, plus online.

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

Yes, it is.  That is one of the negatives of the 13A permanent resident visa.  You have to pay the travel tax..  When I was living on the tourist visa, I did not pay the TT and my ECC was the regular one you get ahead of time, for around ~550, if I recall correctly.  Also, there is airport departure taxes to be paid.

The travel tax is often included in your ticket if you choose to do that when booking.  I can't do that because they do not have the child discount available during the ticket booking and payment.  So to get the 50% child discount I have to pay the TT for all of us at the airport.

Thats why I will probably never get a 13A visa in the Philippines nor stay more than a year at a time.

I want to enter the BB Stamp and not have to mess with all that silly fees and exit clearance

I was told if some one in the Philippines gets butt hurt cuz you hurt their feelings, they can file a case against you and it can keep it out of country and that it would show up on exit clearance.

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can pay the travel tax at a variety of locations, plus online.

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

You can't pay the reduced rate travel tax online, that is why I have to do it at the airport.  Online, I would have to pay the full rate for the kids, which would cost me p1620 extra.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

I want to enter the BB Stamp and not have to mess with all that silly fees and exit clearance

That is the best option for some, but when you are a family residing here with kids in school, BB gets a bit tricky.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Thats why I will probably never get a 13A visa in the Philippines nor stay more than a year at a time.

I was told if some one in the Philippines gets butt hurt cuz you hurt their feelings, they can file a case against you and it can keep it out of country and that it would show up on exit clearance.

I have heard this as well. The one I have heard is that someone files a false case against someone then putting them in jail until the court date, then that person overstays the visa, gets found not guilty and still forced to leave the country on the black list

8 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have heard this as well. The one I have heard is that someone files a false case against someone then putting them in jail until the court date, then that person overstays the visa, gets found not guilty and still forced to leave the country on the black list

Wouldn't surprise me one bit 

On 1/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

The other thing they could do is just make up a negative story up about you. Then when it comes time for you to leave when your your visa is up and you try to return. You won’t be allowed back in.

Because Kuya or TayTay got jealous and reported you to immigration. There is even special phone number for Philippinos to call. “Good guys in bad guys out” is the name of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.