lobo2000

Speeding Ticket Receipt

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
58 minutes ago, lobo2000 said:

Hi, everyone. I apologize for a redundant question. I have had two speeding tickets. I could find only receipt for one ticket when I paid for it, also did defensive driving course. But I cannot find the paid receipt for the second ticket. What do I do?

Thank you so much

You can get your driving record from your state dmv. Most are online and I think (I read somewhere, it also depends on the amount). I believed you have paid both tickets, just indicate speeding tickets paid and at the interview you can explain you can't find the receipt for payment.

2 hours ago, lobo2000 said:

Hi, everyone. I apologize for a redundant question. I have had two speeding tickets. I could find only receipt for one ticket when I paid for it, also did defensive driving course. But I cannot find the paid receipt for the second ticket. What do I do?

Thank you so much

If the ticket is less than $500, then you do not need to upload documents with your application. If it is more than $500, then you have to upload documents and receipt. You can get a copy of receipt from the court of the county or city where you had the ticket. It may require a small fee to get that, but I have done it from Virginia and Florida and it was a simple process.

1 hour ago, Zaidba said:

If the ticket is less than $500, then you do not need to upload documents with your application. If it is more than $500, then you have to upload documents and receipt. You can get a copy of receipt from the court of the county or city where you had the ticket. It may require a small fee to get that, but I have done it from Virginia and Florida and it was a simple process.

Both tickets are less than $500 but do I need to take any receipts for both of them to the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, lobo2000 said:

Both tickets are less than $500 but do I need to take any receipts for both of them to the interview?

no

Just FYI: Contrary to what I learned from different online platforms that I “did not” have to bring evidence for my speeding ticket (less than $500) to my interview, my interviewer/officer ACTUALLY DID ASK if I had any receipt along with the ticket to show him during the interview when he came across the yes/no question about whether I had been “cited” (I checked “yes” to that question on the N400 form). Fortunately I was prepared and I showed it to him. After he quickly verified he said he was going to change my answer to this question to “no”.

I guess it really depends on the officer, but in my case, I felt lucky at that moment when I was able to show him when he asked. Otherwise who knows? The last thing you want during the interview is to have the officer delay the decision. So I would not take the risk and always be prepared, even that means trying to get a copy from the local DMV.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, MrKo said:

Just FYI: Contrary to what I learned from different online platforms that I “did not” have to bring evidence for my speeding ticket (less than $500) to my interview, my interviewer/officer ACTUALLY DID ASK if I had any receipt along with the ticket to show him during the interview when he came across the yes/no question about whether I had been “cited” (I checked “yes” to that question on the N400 form). Fortunately I was prepared and I showed it to him. After he quickly verified he said he was going to change my answer to this question to “no”.

I guess it really depends on the officer, but in my case, I felt lucky at that moment when I was able to show him when he asked. Otherwise who knows? The last thing you want during the interview is to have the officer delay the decision. So I would not take the risk and always be prepared, even that means trying to get a copy from the local DMV.

Thanks for this information. I guess it all depends on individual IO and since no one can tell USCIS yardsticks on this, like you suggest, simple solution is to take all documents and receipts along with you......

I only just applied, but am in the same boat (can’t find my receipt for my speeding ticket anymore).  In my state (VA),  you can find a record on the court’s website that has jurisdiction.  With my last name, I was able to find a receipt that I had paid the ticket in full, and that, along with my driving record, is what I uploaded when I was filing. 

Good luck with your application! 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

8 hours ago, CMJuilland said:

I only just applied, but am in the same boat (can’t find my receipt for my speeding ticket anymore).  In my state (VA),  you can find a record on the court’s website that has jurisdiction.  With my last name, I was able to find a receipt that I had paid the ticket in full, and that, along with my driving record, is what I uploaded when I was filing. 

Good luck with your application! 

I am from Texas. I can see that the dps website can provide you with driving record.

I also went to the court's website but I am not sure where to search for an already paid ticket.

I don't know if this helps; it's been years since I was last in TX (and they - thankfully - never caught me when I went over the speed limit).  

The court system should have a record of it, and I don't see why they wouldn't be willing or able to provide you with some kind of proof of payment.  

Good luck again! 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Timeline
13 hours ago, lobo2000 said:

I am from Texas. I can see that the dps website can provide you with driving record.

I also went to the court's website but I am not sure where to search for an already paid ticket.

Since you are within the city limit, I would suggest you visit the court house. There should be a record that you paid in full. Provided they are opened before your interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, lobo2000 said:

Thank you for all the wonderful input everyone. From what I can gather it is safe to have a proof with you than not.

Can I also physically go to the respected city court where I got the ticket and request a proof from them?

I would recommend you get an official 'certified' letter of disposition from the courthouse where your tickets were listed. Courthouses provide certified and non-certified disposition letters proving the ticket/case against you is disposed of.  In my case, I had 2 tickets from the same court, and they mentioned both the tickets on same disposition letter. I took the certified one.  My IO also actually asked to see the disposition letter - he asked me if there were tickets or cases, and I mentioned that I had traffic violations below 500$, and he asked to see any documentation around them. So yes, better safe than sorry- be prepared, and if possible, get the disposition letters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.