Heather&Miguel

Bogota interview and approval

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys, just wanted to give my Colombian K1-ers some hope. We attended an interview on January 7th and was approved! We previously had an interview scheduled on December 6th but it was unfortunately cancelled 5 days before (wasting a plane ticket). I had been checking everyday after that for any appointments and it just popped up one day. We really didn’t hold out hope that it would happen. So 3 days before the appointment I contacted the Embassy and they confirmed it. They did say that it’s basically a ####### shoot because it depends on what’s going on with Covid in Bogota. When my fiancé was waiting at the gates of the embassy he said a total of 12 people were there. He thinks that’s all they were doing that day. He was also told by a friend of an Embassy guard that they had not been doing any interviews at all and he was surprised this one happened. So keep the faith and keep checking the website for appointment dates! 

Timeline

That's great news! Congrats!

A few questions:

Was this an emergency interview?

Prior to the pandemic, had you been scheduled for an interview that was subsequently cancelled?

When did you do your medical/biometrics?  Prior to the pandemic or recently?

Thanks and congrats again! Hopefully we are right behind you guys

Timeline

Thanks!
It was not an emergency interview.

We had originally been scheduled for April 2020 and again in December, both cancelled due to Covid. 
He was able to do his medicals a few days prior to the December interview appointment. 

I really hope the Covid levels go down soon so the Embassy can fully open! 

Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 12:21 AM, Heather&Miguel said:

Thanks!
It was not an emergency interview.

We had originally been scheduled for April 2020 and again in December, both cancelled due to Covid. 
He was able to do his medicals a few days prior to the December interview appointment. 

I really hope the Covid levels go down soon so the Embassy can fully open! 

Hey, I'm wondering if your significant other received his stamped passport yet. My gf had her interview today and was approved, just wondering how long it takes afterwards.

Much thanks.

Timeline
On 1/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, Heather&Miguel said:

Not yet. I checked CEAC this morning and it says Issued. I’m assuming he’ll have it within a couple of weeks.

Great. After the interview they told my gf that her visa would be ready in approximately 15 days, so I am guessing that by the end of the month. Her interview was on 1/14. Please keep us posted when the the status on the CEAC site changes. Hopefully you will be getting good news this week. Much thanks for the info and best of luck 🙂

Edited by jesko1869

On 1/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, jesko1869 said:

Hey, I'm wondering if your significant other received his stamped passport yet. My gf had her interview today and was approved, just wondering how long it takes afterwards.

Much thanks.

Just curious, were there many people interviewed when your fiancée was there? How was her interview?

Would greatly appreciate the info! Thank you!

Edited by EA and MK

Timeline
11 hours ago, EA and MK said:

Just curious, were there many people interviewed when your fiancée was there? How was her interview?

Would greatly appreciate the info! Thank you!

My fiancee had to answer the most basic questions that they will ask:

1) How did we meet?

2) My birth date?

3) My hobbies

4) They asked about her mother's resident status. Since her mother is a US Resident, they asked about the time period that her mother has been in the US, in addition to other questions relating to mother legal status in the US.

5) What I do for a living?

6) Be ready for a phone from the US Embassy. Ensure that your stories match.

I am not 100% sure how many people were at the interview, but I know that K1 Visas (from what I read in FB), has become a possible priority for the US Embassy in Bogota (they just have not made it public). I would suggest that you follow 'Embajada de los Estados Unidos Colombia on FB (https://www.facebook.com/usdos.colombia). Do you have the embassy's number? If so, what number do you have?

7 hours ago, joe and karol said:

you mean, fiancee.  hehe.  ours took 9 days with 2 days en route.

That is awesome. Much thanks for the info and God Bless 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.