2021wk

Urgent Need to reschedule interview at manila embassy

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, 2021wk said:

I have been calling the  Manilia embassy , I keep getting disconnected alfter 7 minutes , I need to reschedule an immigrant visa, any advice ?

The procedure is to miss the interview first, then reschedule.  You won't be doing it by phone.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, 2021wk said:

I have been calling the  Manilia embassy , I keep getting disconnected alfter 7 minutes , I need to reschedule an immigrant visa, any advice ?

Best to ask this question in the Philippines regional forum 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, 2021wk said:

How do you post in the phillphines forum i could not figure that out ?

Same as any other

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Thread moved to the Philippines Regional discussion area****   Duplicate thread removed...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 hours ago, 2021wk said:

Why do you need to reschedule.  This isnt the best of time to reschedule if you have secured an interview.  It could be months before you can get a new date.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

30 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Why do you need to reschedule.  This isnt the best of time to reschedule if you have secured an interview.  It could be months before you can get a new date.

The appointment is for a child , He can't fly by himself  to the US and I can't go and fly back because americans are banned at the moment as of 1/6/2021 , he will have a 4 hour drive by car but  travel can be difficult at times between barangays .A couple month delay would ok,,,we would prefer him to be safe.I see you live in manilia any sugestions ?

Edited by 2021wk

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, 2021wk said:

The appointment is for a child , they can't fly by them self's to the US and I can't go and fly back because americans are banned at the moment as of 1/6/2021 , if you have been watching updates in the news travel on the ground there can also be difficult at times . Any suggestions on how to change the appointment date  please?

One of the foremost authorities on the subject answered your question in the 2nd post of this thread.  @pushbrk

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

One of the foremost authorities on the subject answered your question in the 2nd post of this thread.  

I read that answer and I know he is very well versed in philippines immigration , but he still did not provide an answer to the question. he said "The procedure is to miss the interview first, then reschedule. You won't be doing it by phone." if you miss the appointment how do you reshedule , if you follow this logic ?. the US State department has processes and procedures, can someone give me a link with instructions on changing an appointment ? I dont just not show up for  an important appointments and hope for the best later. 

12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

The procedure is to miss the interview first, then reschedule.  You won't be doing it by phone.

I read your answer and I know you are very well versed in philippines immigration , you did not provide a complete answer to the question. "The procedure is to miss the interview first, then reschedule. You won't be doing it by phone." if you miss the appointment how do you reshedule , if you follow this logic ?. the US State department has processes and procedures, can someone give me a link with instructions on changing an appointment ? I  just don't have my child miss an important appointment and hope for the best later. Thank you for your assistance with this.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

One of the foremost authorities on the subject answered your question in the 2nd post of this thread. 

During the Covid era, I am not sure it is the correct way to go.   I think others with more recent Manila experience need to chime in.

YMMV

5 hours ago, 2021wk said:

The appointment is for a child , He can't fly by himself  to the US and I can't go and fly back because americans are banned at the moment as of 1/6/2021 , he will have a 4 hour drive by car but  travel can be difficult at times between barangays .A couple month delay would ok,,,we would prefer him to be safe.I see you live in manilia any sugestions ?

Which province?  A 4 hour drive can be from one side of Manila to the other.  The ban will be reviewed on Jan 15th.  What is the age of the child as well?  Some airlines the unaccompanied minor programs start at age 8.  PAL is age 8 and the program is decent and safe.  In fact, the programs I have seen for most airlines is very safe.

When is the interview?  As mentioned before, poster #2 has the best info, but I would think this would be best pre-pandemic.  Its not so easy to get another appointment now.  If you absolutely cant make it, then your only choice is to reschedule, but how long that will be is unknown during these times.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

32 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Which province?  A 4 hour drive can be from one side of Manila to the other.  The ban will be reviewed on Jan 15th.  What is the age of the child as well?  Some airlines the unaccompanied minor programs start at age 8.  PAL is age 8 and the program is decent and safe.  In fact, the programs I have seen for most airlines is very safe.

When is the interview?  As mentioned before, poster #2 has the best info, but I would think this would be best pre-pandemic.  Its not so easy to get another appointment now.  If you absolutely cant make it, then your only choice is to reschedule, but how long that will be is unknown during these times.  

Thank you for your reply , but I think we are getting off subject , why does the province matter , it is a 4 hour drive ? he  is 11 year ,  I will consider your suggestion thank you,  but then we have to work with DSWD for him to leave the country unattended. back to my orginal qrestion that has not been answered " how do you change / reschedule an interview " ? I have thought about having his aunt fly with him to another country like Costa Rica  etc and  I meet them there ? but my wife tells me that airport immigration  will not let filipino leave even to counties that don't require visa even on vacation ? this make no sense, does any filipino have experience going to Costa Rica,Thialand , sinapore on vacation etc?

Edited by 2021wk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.