Medical0014

I-751 divorce waiver

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! My lawyer filed my I-751 with divorce waiver last month and yesterday I received a letter from USCIS rejecting my petiton to remove conditions stating that there were no basis for the petition? I’m confuse... can someone help me. Did I miss anything? 

57 minutes ago, Medical0014 said:

Hi! My lawyer filed my I-751 with divorce waiver last month and yesterday I received a letter from USCIS rejecting my petiton to remove conditions stating that there were no basis for the petition? I’m confuse... can someone help me. Did I miss anything? 

What kind of evidence you included?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have seen few post in other forums relating to similar issues, looks like they getting hard on Divorce waiver, not sure what evidence you submitted. But it would be good to submit evidence from the day of the marriage to the day the marriage ended and if available attempts done to keep the union. This is just my opinion. 

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Looks like your attorney did not do a good job for you.

Do you currently have a conditional green card?? if not, that would be the issue.

Do you by chance have a 10 year green card?? Were you married over 2 years when your green card was issued? If so then that is the issue; you may need to file an I-90 to correct green card error USCIS made when green card was issued. It is not unusual to USCIS to make green card errors when issuing green cards. 

Maybe the i751 form was not fill out correctly, maybe the was no required evidence. hard to say what the issue is.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline
8 minutes ago, da95826 said:

Looks like your attorney did not do a good job for you.

Do you currently have a conditional green card?? if not, that would be the issue.

Do you by chance have a 10 year green card?? Were you married over 2 years when your green card was issued? If so then that is the issue; you may need to file an I-90 to correct green card error USCIS made when green card was issued. It is not unusual to USCIS to make green card errors when issuing green cards. 

Maybe the i751 form was not fill out correctly, maybe the was no required evidence. hard to say what the issue is.

I have a 2 year green card. I read the cover letter. My lawyer incorrectly put our marriage date instead of june 2019 she stated june 2013 (when we met). I have a bunch of evidences such as statement from me and our friends, bank statements, ITR, text messages and pictures from when we got married til end of relationship .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I would check the i751 form for errors as well, I think you should consider getting a new attorney.

File a new i751 waiver application as soon as possible.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

On 12/28/2020 at 1:38 AM, Medical0014 said:

I have a 2 year green card. I read the cover letter. My lawyer incorrectly put our marriage date instead of june 2019 she stated june 2013 (when we met). I have a bunch of evidences such as statement from me and our friends, bank statements, ITR, text messages and pictures from when we got married til end of relationship .

If i we're you i would file the application myself. Especially when you knew that your case is not a complicated one. In america divorce happen all the one so im sure USCIS would understand.

If you file your own application you would know what to do and what is needed. Sometimes lawyer just mess it up.

Good luck!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Genski92 said:

If i we're you i would file the application myself. Especially when you knew that your case is not a complicated one. In america divorce happen all the one so im sure USCIS would understand.

If you file your own application you would know what to do and what is needed. Sometimes lawyer just mess it up.

Good luck!

I know right! I’ve been stressed out and I couldn’t get a hold of her. Her secretary kept telling me she is not in her office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.