youandme13

Removing Condition on 2 years GC

37 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, payxibka said:

Id like to see that RFE because that is not what ROC is about.   It's about showing a progession of life together,  not about showing the commingling of the same joint asset 24 times.

I didn't do 24 times the same asset in a previous life (approved without interview) and was successful and certainly won't do it this time either 

Sorry mine RFE was for getting the 10 year GC, not the first ROC.

I might be see if my wife still has the copy if you want to see it, I let her take care of doing all the paperwork/applications after I did the K1.  Seems like it was pretty easy

13 hours ago, youandme13 said:

I saw a video of an immigration lawyer saying he does not recommend including statements from friends unless you are very desperate  or don't  have much evidence.  I came here in the US in a CR1 visa.  I would have to think about that if I need to include a statement from friends .

I used to think witness statements were stupid as well.  

My fiance came on a K1, She got her 2 year and now 10 year greencard and we never had to do an interview in the USA.

When she got her RFE for her permanent GC, I was happy/angry at the same time I knew the case was about to  be adjudicated which was good, but I was thinking why would they question us which made me angry.

I have 3 guys who work for me that are DACA, they were rewarded by USCIS for breaking the laws and granted EAD (Work Permit), here I am doing everything legal as can be and I am getting the questioning by USCIS.

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Sorry mine RFE was for getting the 10 year GC, not the first ROC.

There's only one ROC.

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

So are you saying you would like to see my RFE?  Yes you a correct, I thought the post was about adjusting status, but now I see it is ROC.  

I was responding to Lucky Cat, not you.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I was responding to Lucky Cat, not you.

I agree with you....but the RFE was what it was.  I chose to include all our joint bank statements during the period of our marriage.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

I am in Texas I don't co mingle funds to protect my assets..........

I am in Texas, too.  We have 3 checking accounts. Mine, hers, and ours.  Each month, we each add equal amounts to out joint account, then pay common expenses from there.  It works well for us.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

40 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I am in Texas, too.  We have 3 checking accounts. Mine, hers, and ours.  Each month, we each add equal amounts to out joint account, then pay common expenses from there.  It works well for us.

I have a business so I keep everything separate.  I gave her the household bills to pay like Water/Gas, Cable, Electric. I pay property tax/Insurance/Mortgage. I provide all the food, pay for her vehicles, gas, insurance.  We don't share any joint checking accounts, I have numerous bank accounts for personal and business, but we only share one joint saving account I set up when she first arrived for immigration purpose only, and it's a bank I don't use for my personal or business.

My wife came from a 3rd world country and they are raised to think differently vs US and our 1st World culture.  She was a RN in Philippines like half the population is over there.  But once she got here I decided it would be best for her to be a stay at home wife and take care of me instead of working somewhere.  

She does do data entry from home for medical billing and works about 20 hours per week.  It has worked out well for us as well, As long as my health keeps up this will be the plan.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I agree with you....but the RFE was what it was.  I chose to include all our joint bank statements during the period of our marriage.

I'd like to see such an RFE.  As you are aware,  things tend to get lost in translation. 

YMMV

On 12/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Hank_ said:

The big deal with ROC is providing 2 years of continuous evidence of living as a married couple;  Joint bank account with 2 years of statements, utilities in both names, and other bills or services that you can provide 2 years of continuous receipts/billings.

^^ After that ROC is pretty straight forward. ^^

Hey Hank. I was just gonna ask you about the tax transcript that I need to include in my packet. My 2 yr gc is going to expire March 20 2021 , but by this time, dec.2020 I only have the 2019 joint income tax return since we can't file yet until next yr Jan. or Feb. I am confuse as to wait for the 2020 tax return or just send the 2019 alone. I am anxious  too because  I want to send my packet ASAP. but I also want to include the joint income tax for 2020. So I need an insight  on this matter. Thank you ! Or anyone have the same experience as mine, I'll  appreciate your insights. Thnx

21 hours ago, payxibka said:

I'd like to see such an RFE.  As you are aware,  things tend to get lost in translation. 

I had my wife look for it yesterday, apparently she lost it or threw it away since she was approved and it was a couple years ago.

I have done a few petitions myself and I am up to date on the forms, I did read the RFE and it asked for "signed witness statements" because I had to get my buddies and or family to sign them, We wrote them up and all they needed to do was sign the witness statements, I think we did 3 of them and was approved.

They probably asked for some other items but we only furnished witness statements.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I had my wife look for it yesterday, apparently she lost it or threw it away since she was approved and it was a couple years ago.

I have done a few petitions myself and I am up to date on the forms, I did read the RFE and it asked for "signed witness statements" because I had to get my buddies and or family to sign them, We wrote them up and all they needed to do was sign the witness statements, I think we did 3 of them and was approved.

They probably asked for some other items but we only furnished witness statements.

Witness statements are not in question other than they are the lowest form of evidence. 

My question surrounds providing 24 months of evidence of the same commingled asset.  

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Witness statements are not in question other than they are the lowest form of evidence. 

My question surrounds providing 24 months of evidence of the same commingled asset.  

We didn't have much proof other than the truth but you know how you have to play the game with USCIS

I would agree witness statements are pretty cheesy any one can write them up, but they did the job for us.  As I said we provided pics, a joint bank account I set up when she arrived and I had her on name and my name on water bill and cable bill.

We gave all we had, I knew they would eventually approve her, once you get your fiance to the USA, the game changes and you have the power and the ball is now in your court, you not trying to beg the USEM for approval so she can leave the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.