Step29

Accounts Payable Job

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone. I am working in Saudi Arabia for 8yrs in accounting dept particularly in accounts payable. Ive also worked before in my home country in BPO Industry in the same field. It will be tough for sure applying for the same jobs in the U.S.

FYI- I am not a CPA. Anyone here got jobs particularly in accounts payable? how was your experience?. 

TIA

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ras Ous said:

What's your qualification? I first have to convert your foreign qualifications to US standards 

I finished business course then I got a chance work abroad for 8yrs. do u mean there is no chance i can work on the same field? although I am open for any work even not related to my current job if there is opportunities.

1 hour ago, Step29 said:

Hey everyone. I am working in Saudi Arabia for 8yrs in accounting dept particularly in accounts payable. Ive also worked before in my home country in BPO Industry in the same field. It will be tough for sure applying for the same jobs in the U.S.

FYI- I am not a CPA. Anyone here got jobs particularly in accounts payable? how was your experience?. 

TIA

Accounts Payable is a entry level job in the accounting field. No degree needed for this position, with past work history in the field it would be an asset.  Depending on lifestyle, don't expect to get paid much in the USA doing Accounts Payable and even CPA's don't make much money in the USA.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Accounts Payable is a entry level job in the accounting field. No degree needed for this position, with past work history in the field it would be an asset.  Depending on lifestyle, don't expect to get paid much in the USA doing Accounts Payable and even CPA's don't make much money in the USA.

Thank you. yes as long it is not below the minimum wage that would be fine at least not jobless. Moving in US as new immigrant will be more challenging especially at my case that im a widow.. still completing my immigration process.. I just want to be ready and getting some information about searching for jobs.

15 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Thank you. yes as long it is not below the minimum wage that would be fine at least not jobless. Moving in US as new immigrant will be more challenging especially at my case that im a widow.. still completing my immigration process.. I just want to be ready and getting some information about searching for jobs.

You won't find any minimum wages jobs in the USA.  Maybe if you are a high schooler looking for part time work at a grocery store 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I came to US with my United Kingdom Chartered Accountant qualification call Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)  close to US (CPA) and a MBA degree in Accounting and Finance. 

It took me time and money to translate my UK qualifications to US standard. 

However,  that been said, we all different. 

Just just be ready for a smooth ride or difficult one before u settle in. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Ras Ous said:

I came to US with my United Kingdom Chartered Accountant qualification call Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)  close to US (CPA) and a MBA degree in Accounting and Finance. 

It took me time and money to translate my UK qualifications to US standard. 

However,  that been said, we all different. 

Just just be ready for a smooth ride or difficult one before u settle in. 

Thank you.. I am not also choosy for any jobs whether in retail/store as long as I have source of income in order to survive. 

• 9 months later...
Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, Allovertheworld said:

I have to disagree that CPAs don't make much. Maybe if they just got their CPA license. Agree with your other comments though. I add that here in Western NY it won't take long to get an A/P job if you have some experience and speak the language. Pay, for a starting position with a few years of experience, would be in the 20s/hour.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.