Annie+Mike

Forms for K-1 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

:help:

Hi Please is there anyone out there who can advise me-- I was in the US embassy in Dublin yesterday and it was horrible!!!

I went up thinking that I had every form that I needed filled out and when I got to the counter the gentleman asked me where my DS-156 was! I just froze! :crying: he was really nice and gave me the opportunity to go to a hotel to fill it out but there systems were down and to make a long story short I had to reschedule my interview for Monday 2 July.

I would really appreciate it if some one could please list off the forms that I need to have completed for this visa...

Currently I have:

my police certs, medical info,

DS 230, G 325, BIRTH CERT,

AFFIDAVID OF SPPORT, PROOF OF REALTIONSHIP.

I now know that I also need the DS 156 is there anything else that I need

Please I would really appreciate any help!!!!

:unsure::unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you not receive a required documents list from the consulate?

DS-156K also comes to mind

In addition, I do not think the G-325a is needed

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your fiancee did file I-129F to the USCIS and it has been processed? You may want to do a timeline to give us a better understanding.

K-1 will need DS-156 (2 copies) and DS-156K, as well as perhaps DS-157 (2 copies)

SEE:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2994.html

Note DS-156 is an online form that generates a unique barcode on page 3, just print this out twice.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

you will need a 156, and a 156k

These are two different forms.

The embassy website should list them, and also this website lists the requirements as well.

Good Luck

David

wow, we have already recieved our Biometrics appointments. It is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

It seems to be moving rather quickly.

This is great.

Timeline

thanks so much- yes my fiance has filed the I 129f form in the states that was in april of this year- i got my interview for 26 june, it has just been a night mare so far as our lawyer that we hired never sent in our documents so we have been trying to do this ourselves :unsure: .. i did ger sone forms from the embassy detailing medical, police certs and all of that- i also completed ds-230 part one as the requested- i am soo worried at the moment- your help is really appreciated!

Thank you!!

Your fiancee did file I-129F to the USCIS and it has been processed? You may want to do a timeline to give us a better understanding.

K-1 will need DS-156 (2 copies) and DS-156K, as well as perhaps DS-157 (2 copies)

SEE:

Note DS-156 is an online form that generates a unique barcode on page 3, just print this out twice.

Timeline
ON THE DS 157 IT ASKS HAVE YOU MADE SPECIFIC TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS--- DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???

:hehe:

thanks so much- yes my fiance has filed the I 129f form in the states that was in april of this year- i got my interview for 26 june, it has just been a night mare so far as our lawyer that we hired never sent in our documents so we have been trying to do this ourselves :unsure: .. i did ger sone forms from the embassy detailing medical, police certs and all of that- i also completed ds-230 part one as the requested- i am soo worried at the moment- your help is really appreciated!

Thank you!!

SEE:

Timeline
ON THE DS 157 IT ASKS HAVE YOU MADE SPECIFIC TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS--- DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???

Have you bought airplane tickets?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

YA BUT TO WHERE?? IS IT TO TRAVEL TO THE US IF I GET THE VISA OR ALL THE AIRLINE TICKETS i HAVE EVER PURCHASED!! SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS

Timeline

YA BUT TO WHERE?? IS IT TO TRAVEL TO THE US IF I GET THE VISA OR ALL THE AIRLINE TICKETS i HAVE EVER PURCHASED!! SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS

They only care about your specific travel plans as they relate to the current visa application in question....

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Its to travel to the US using the visa you are requesting. If you don't have tickets yet, perhaps you could write "not yet, waiting for visa to be approved before purchasing tickets".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Its to travel to the US using the visa you are requesting. If you don't have tickets yet, perhaps you could write "not yet, waiting for visa to be approved before purchasing tickets".
Yes, that is a recommended answer, or can you just check "NO"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.