mallett_sj

All DORA location time frames

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys i was just wanting to see what are some of the time lines of people who are going through the DORA process. It doesn't matter your location Dallas, Oklahoma City...etc as long as you're going through the DORA process. I'm currently waiting with no updates since our biometrics back in April 9th, our interview and application submission was on March 9th. One other thing, when they said 90 days do they mean 90 calander days or 90 government work days Monday through Friday and excluding holidays?

K-1 process

03/11/2006 - Engagement.

04/13/2006 - sent I-129F

04/17/2006 - I-129F delivered

04/20/2006 - NOA1

07/28/2006 - Touched07/31/2006 - Touched (NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

08/01/2006 - E-mail NAO2 saying i was approved 31st

08/18/2006 - Packet 3 sent to Consulate

12/28/2006 - Interview (it's going to be a lonely Christmas)

12/29/2006 - Picket up Visa , one way ticket to Dallas!!!!!

AOS Process

03/06/2007 - AOS process starts (D.O.R.A) Submit application and Interview

04/06/2007 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

HI!!

I am basically in the same situation I had the interview March 27. and one month later I was fingerprinted.

Since then....nothing. Today is day 92, and I can not work because I did not applied for EAD beacuse thay told me I would have my Green Card in 90 days ( the same time I had to wait for EAD)

I neither have received my 70 days letter, and I am in day 92!!!!

Tomorrow I have and appointment in the the USCIS offise to change my address and to ask what is happening with

my case: no 70 days letter, no updates, NOTHING

It's crazy!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had my interview on April 5 and got fingerprinted on May 5. My case has not been touched since May 4, and the only update that I have received was the 70 day letter stating that they will be unable to process my case in 90 days. I am going to wait till July 5, and schedule an appointment to see what the delay is with my case.

April 13, 2010 - N 400 sent

April 14, 2010 - Received confirmation of delivery from mail carrier

April 23, 2010 - NOA date

April 26, 2010 - Check cleared

April 27, 2010 - NOA letter received

May 7, 2010 - Fingerprint letter received

May 24, 2010 - Fingerprint appointment

July 13, 2010 - Interview (passed!)

July 29, 2010 - Oath letter received. Oath scheduled for 08/26/2010

August 26, 2010 - I'm a US Citizen!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all....... see my timeline below, not much happening with my case. I have an infopass appt. in Oklahoma City this Friday, June 29th. Probably will be a waste of time going there but I don't know what else to do..... it's just so frustrating. Right now I'm not so worried about the Green Card.... I'm just ticked about being told to mail in my applications for EAD and AP after waiting for 3 months already. I want to be able to work and travel before I go crazy sitting here :wacko:

Susan in Tulsa

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The DORA thing is a pilot program for Dallas, El Paso, Oklahoma City and San Antonio local offices. The program was designed to have a process that would have the entire Green Card process done with in 90 days. Unfortunately for us this doesn't seem to work for the most part (There are cases that do make it within 90 days). I believe that the issue that prevents our green cards being issued is the FBI name checks. With the DORA program everything on the USCIS side is completed with you present. You submit your application, have your interview and have your application checked for errors (RFE's) all before you leave that day. After 2-3 weeks you would have your biometrics done and then you wait.........and wait........then you get your green card. The 70 day letter is the USCIS's way of letting you know that it's not going to be completed within the 90 days. I hope this helped.

I also haven't been touched since our biometrics was completed back on April 4th, and no 70 day letter either. I've heard that making an appointment to discuss your status doesn't help any...they have no idea what time frame you are looking at when it comes to the FBI...But good luck maybe they'll surprise us all.

K-1 process

03/11/2006 - Engagement.

04/13/2006 - sent I-129F

04/17/2006 - I-129F delivered

04/20/2006 - NOA1

07/28/2006 - Touched07/31/2006 - Touched (NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

08/01/2006 - E-mail NAO2 saying i was approved 31st

08/18/2006 - Packet 3 sent to Consulate

12/28/2006 - Interview (it's going to be a lonely Christmas)

12/29/2006 - Picket up Visa , one way ticket to Dallas!!!!!

AOS Process

03/06/2007 - AOS process starts (D.O.R.A) Submit application and Interview

04/06/2007 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We applied thru Dallas Dora Program on Dec 21/2006..Finger prints Jan 18/2007...70 day letter on day 73..Ead card in March and since ead card issue no touches or anything.I think name check is what normally holds us up at this point.Have seen some sail right thru and others wait and wait and wait..I really dont think any pattern is in place Just the luck and speed of name check.

Married August 12/2006 Dallas Tx

Dora interview Dec 21/2006

AOS, I485-I130

2006-Dec 21 : Dora interview told approved pending name check

2007-Jan 18 : Biometrics for I485

2007-Jan 4 : Notice date for both applications RD on both is Dec 21/06

2007-Mar 2: Recieved 70 day letter and appointment date for filing I765

2007-Mar,15:appointment and biometrics for EAD

2007-Mar 20 : EAD card recieved in Mailbox

2007-Mar 20 : Applied for SSN.told had to wait up to 14 days for verification of status

2007-Mar 23: Got confirmation on phone SSN application approved.(went to SSN office and got a print out of what SSN would be so we could file our taxes)

No touches or anything since EAD was approved..still waiting ..but at least can work now while i twiddle thumb

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We went through DORA in Dallas. It's very fast. We also applied for the EAD ( just incase Mark got stuck in name check delays) and the GC came through faster than the EAD.....

Mark's GC was issued around day 75 or so.....

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

We went through DORA in Dallas. It's very fast. We also applied for the EAD ( just incase Mark got stuck in name check delays) and the GC came through faster than the EAD.....

Tmma,

How did you applied at the same day for EAD? For what I understood, you do not applied for the EAD until you have your green card on hand with the DORA program. Please clarify me, we are not married yet and we are going to move to Tulsa in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

K1 process

20-11-06 We sent our petition I129F

28-12-06 NOA1

14-02-07 NOA2

17-03-07 Packet 4 arrived

29-05-07 Successful interview. (We waited that long because my fiance travels a lot)

AOS

15-07-07 Wedding

14-08-07 Interview in OK City, AOS, EAD and AP

15-09-07 NOA for EAD and AP.(sep 13)and on 20-09-07 NOA for AOS. (sep 13)

13-10-07 AP received

17-10-07 Biometrics.

29-10-07 EAD received

28-11-07 Card production ordered

11-12-07 Green Card on hand.

Removing conditions

4-09-09 Send papers to VSC

8-09-09 Confirmation via FedEx (Same as NOA)

07-10-09 Biometrics appointment

20-10-09 Second biometric (29 was the date)

24-12-09 Approved green card

19-01-10 Green card on hand

Citizenship

09-29-10 Send papers to Dallas lockbox

01-18-2011 Interview

04-13-2011 Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tmma,

How did you applied at the same day for EAD? For what I understood, you do not applied for the EAD until you have your green card on hand with the DORA program. Please clarify me, we are not married yet and we are going to move to Tulsa in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

With the DORA program they told me you don't apply for your EAD or AP because technically you are to get your Green Card in 90 days or less. With your GC you can work and travel and if you were to apply for your EAD and AP at the same time you file your AOS it would be a waste of money as it would take about the same timeframe to have those approved. With DORA.... if by day 70 they know they won't be able to get your GC to you within the 90 days they then send you a letter and tell you to file your EAD and AP if you wish. Glad to see another VJ'er in Tulsa!

Susan in Tulsa

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Thanks Susan and Mike.

I have being reading the posts of DORA to get an idea of what we have to do for the time we applied for the AOS. I will like to get the papers before july 30 to avoid the increment, but until we dont move to Tulsa we are not going to get married.

K1 process

20-11-06 We sent our petition I129F

28-12-06 NOA1

14-02-07 NOA2

17-03-07 Packet 4 arrived

29-05-07 Successful interview. (We waited that long because my fiance travels a lot)

AOS

15-07-07 Wedding

14-08-07 Interview in OK City, AOS, EAD and AP

15-09-07 NOA for EAD and AP.(sep 13)and on 20-09-07 NOA for AOS. (sep 13)

13-10-07 AP received

17-10-07 Biometrics.

29-10-07 EAD received

28-11-07 Card production ordered

11-12-07 Green Card on hand.

Removing conditions

4-09-09 Send papers to VSC

8-09-09 Confirmation via FedEx (Same as NOA)

07-10-09 Biometrics appointment

20-10-09 Second biometric (29 was the date)

24-12-09 Approved green card

19-01-10 Green card on hand

Citizenship

09-29-10 Send papers to Dallas lockbox

01-18-2011 Interview

04-13-2011 Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Tmma,

Thanks.

You are right-you cannot/not supposed to apply for EAD until you have applied for DORA AOS [according to the woman that did our interview in DFW].... the date on my timeline is "off" a few days-sorry.

Anyway, we interviewed for AOS in Dallas, got told name checks were left to be completed, so we applied for the EAD just in case the name checks took forever. They didn't, so we ended up with an EAD card about the same time his AOS got approved.

I thought " better spend the $180 or so on a EAD now ( while waiting for the GC approval) than lose months of work waiting for name checks", as Mark already had a job offer pending EAD OR Green Card.

Hope all that made sense!

:thumbs:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

Just wanted to give an update. I have received a phone call from the immigration services this morning :blink: . They told me that my case has been APPROVED!!! :dance: and that I don't have to come to my next week's appointment. The status of my case online has not changed, so I am afraid to be openly happy, but I will be checking my mailbox religiously!! :blush:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats to you.

I received a phone call today - i was not sure who it was from, all it said on the caller i.d was FLORIDA. I answered and a message said "please hold whilst we connect you to an agent" i hung up cause i thought it was someone trying to sell something.

Do you think it was uscis?

I filed through Dora in Dallas back in May, had bio in June....now waiting.

Timeline
Congrats to you.

I received a phone call today - i was not sure who it was from, all it said on the caller i.d was FLORIDA. I answered and a message said "please hold whilst we connect you to an agent" i hung up cause i thought it was someone trying to sell something.

Do you think it was uscis?

I filed through Dora in Dallas back in May, had bio in June....now waiting.

I did not get any automated messages. The call was from a local number. When I picked up, the lady asked to speak to me, and when I introduced myself, she did the same and told me that she was from the immigration services, that my case has been approved, and that I don't need to come to my appointment to apply for EAD/AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.