Gray & Hockey

National Police Check Rejected (Second Time!)

125 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JedMills said:

My Australian police check was fine thankfully, we had issues with the NZ police check which she sorted out.

Sadly it does look like a 6-8 month wait, but at least we’re in the queue. Thankfully we both live in Australia, so we’re not having to deal with separation etc.

Was the NZ police check mixed up like the Aussie one?  The NVC didn’t recognize the correct one as legitimate?

We were together a long while in Taiwan ut I slipped home early summer and hoped the wait wouldn’t be too long.  It’s going to be five months, actually, if he does indeed get visa with the interview Nov 29 and hops a flight soon after!  Aargh!

17 hours ago, JedMills said:

@JannaB you're a life saver!

We're future Oregonians, and reached out to Whitney based off your posts and she got the NVC clerical error issue we were experiencing sorted!

Now for the long wait for an interview at the Sydney Consulate, but it feels great to be DQ'd at last!

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you that it finally got sorted. Hoping you get your interview asap. Thank you JannaB as well, if we have the same problem we are definitely reaching out to Whitney as well.

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, Gray & Hockey said:

Hi All 

Sorry, I haven't been on here in some time, but just as an update: We did finally get approved, but it was a headache. I ultimately had to personally email the Australian Federal Police and get them to confirm in writing that we had the right type of police check. They had recently made slight changes to the form that the NVC was not aware of, which is why it kept getting rejected. I also emailed the US Consulate a copy of the police check and they also said in writing that that was the one they were looking for.

I then submitted the new police check along with corroborating documents from the AFP and US Consulate (I literally made PDFs of the emails and highlighted the parts where they said it was right) confirming that we did in fact have the right one. Our documents were sent for a supervisor review, and at first it said rejected again but in actuality it was just being reviewed. Once a supervisor actually looked and saw we were right, it was finally approved. We also then applied for an expedite request citing financial hardship (my husband was stuck in Australia and couldn't really start a new job while await an outcome on his immigration status), and we also cited administrative delay and pointed out that we'd had to submit the paperwork 3 times even though it had been correct the entire time. We were approved for an expedited interview and my husband got his interview appointment date within a few days. From there, it was smooth sailing but I will never forgive the NVC for making this process unnecessarily painful over a single form. It appears that, almost a year later, they still haven't address this problem.

Thank you for this tip. We also got our police certificate rejected on Jan 6, 2023. I contacted the AFP and got them to confirm that it is indeed the correct document. Unfortunately our lawyer re-submitted the Police Certificate without checking with us first, so I couldn't combine everything into one document, but I was able to upload as an additional document.

Sidenote: Why does the documentation still reference the "Department of Immigration and Border Protection"? That was renamed in 2017...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone ,

Thanks a lot for your guidance and help means a lot to me ,,Finally my Australian police report got accepted in 3rd time ,,,even though I got the right PC in 2nd time it got rejected ,,for the 3rd time I submitted the same pc which was rejected before ,,,I made a pdf file including hard copy and digital PC along with the confirmation email from AFP ,email from US travel  documents support as well as I too attached the information from AFP page ,, 

now I have emailed for the case expedite showing the administrative delay ,,

I Went through lots of stress coz of aus PC due to which my case is delay for 9 months ,,

good luck guys 

• 4 months later...

We were initially rejected because we chose code 35. We have requested another with code 33. Can we just submit the digital copy from AFP? Anyone have success in doing so?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.