Andytn3591

My I-751 Interview Experience.

36 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, Andytn3591 said:

Quick update.

I took my InfoPass last week. They stamped my passport and took the 2 year green card back. I asked about my case which is out of 120 days after the interview. Same answer that I I have to wait and no completion time yet. I brought my new tax, new car tittle, and new insurance. I tried to ask the officer to put it in my files but she said I shouldn't do that since it will mess up the case. Only submit documents when they ask.

Today I received an email "we have taken an action on your case and we need your attention." Turn out they have scheduled my N-400 interview on June 24. The letter didn't said that I should bring my wife so I think it will not be a combo and we won't be interviewed for the 3rd time. I'll just bring her with me just in case they ask 😪 I'm kind of happy to see the movement.

When did you file your n400 and feild office 

• 2 weeks later...

Last update:

I just got an email from DHS. I logged in and saw Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed. The appointment is on Oct 4. It's the exact date that I got my green card for 5 years! My long journey ends here. Thank you everyone and I wish you luck on your journey!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/12/2020 at 6:55 PM, Andytn3591 said:

I got my I-751 interview just a few hours ago. Here's my experience:

I had the interview for AOS a few years ago. I was approved on site. I then apply for ROC in Sep 2018. There was no update until June last year. They called me in for fingerprints. In December 2019, they asked for RFE "Marriage in good faith, not enough evidences". I sent out everything with both of our names includes:

- Bank Statements ( 2016-2019)

- Joint tax returns (2016-2019)

- Car insurance.

- Phone bills.

- Car title.

- My life insurance with my wife's name on it.

- Affidavit letters from 2 friends.

- Affidavit letter from my sister-in-law, the property owner, that we're living in the house for free without paying any bills.

- Our honey moon flight tickets and hotels to TX.

The status changed to "ready to be interviewed" on April 1st 2020

I got my interview notice a month ago.

I attended at my interview today with my wife. We were 30 mins early from the schedule. The security checked and let us in. There were not many people in the waiting room. I waited for about 20 mins. Then the IO came out and let us in.

The IO was nice. She led us to her room. Then she asked us to raise our right hand for the oath.

She said she would go through all the info on the application. She then asked me my name, DOB, address, my wife's name, DOB. 

Then she asked what documents I brought with me today. I handed her my recent phone bills. She didn't check and returned it right away, and she said she got it with her. Then my life insurance; she said she had it too; then my tax returns. She only took the 2019 and returned the rest. Then I asked her if she already had my affidavit letters. She asked if they're from the same people in the RFE files. I said yes. She said she had them all. She then asked if there was anything new. I gave her my new car insurance and she said it's good. Then I returned to my seat.

She then asked how we met. I asked her if she wants me or my wife to answer. She said whoever. Then she asked us what day we became official bf and gf. When and who proposed ? When was the wedding? Where? Was there any party? Who attended? Did you have honeymoon? She then asked who we met in our honeymoon trip.

Then she asked if we are currently working. I said only my wife is. She then smiled and said that if I was unemployed due to the Covid-19. I said yes.

Then she asked when was the last time we traveled. Where? Do you have picture of the trip? I said yes I tried to find it in the stack of photos that I brought with me. I couldn't find it and I said sorry with her. She asked what pictures I have with me. I handed her the whole stack. She look at every single one of them, some took longer than the others.

Then she asked if we purchased anything big together? We was confused and said no. She asked us again. This time she asked "Did you two purchased anything significant big together". We said no.

Then she asked us the third time. "In Dec 2018 - Jan 2019, did you purchase anything big?" I was looking at her document that she's working on. It was my bank statement. With highlighted lines in Yellow. Then I realized what she was actually asking. I had a wire transfer that was over $40k back then. A family friend that is an international student wants to buy a new Lexus. But there they only allow to transfer $7k / year to international student so I just help her transfer it since they allow more for US. resident. I had the documents of the car she bought include the check of paying off the car, the title in my friend's name, and picture of the check. I handed her all of those. She took all the documents and move on. I think the main reason that I was called for interview is that wire transfer. I tried to prepare this in case they asked and I was prepared.

Then she told us that why in our AOS interview we said that we married in June 2015. We said no, we never said that. That was the day we became official bf and gf. I think she tried to trick us here.

Then she ask if I was on F1 visa, where did I go to school? did I graduate? Then if I've been working since we married. Was I unemployed due to Covid?

Then she said that wait her a minute, then she print out the Notice of Interview Results. She said that she cannot make decision right now and she will hand everything to her supervisor. If they need anything, they will let me know in mail. 

She asked if I need anything. I asked her about my pending N-400 that I filed in August. I still haven't receive notification for biometric yet. She checked and said that it says processing, and she told me to be patient since Covid delays everything.

The interview took about 20 mins. It was smooth and the IO was friendly. I don't know why I was not approved on site but hopefully I will get approved in a few days.

I've been following this forum for a long time and never comment. I hope this will help anyone that has the same situation get some ideas of what's going on. Thank you for reading.

Thank you for sharing.  Hopefully you will get your answer soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.