I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Congrats on the new card!

I think ure our first November fella 

wait feb 2031 is ten years from now- feb 2021

they give green card from when approved, not when applied. 

If the date is past 2031 and it is a 12 year card, I have never heard about it.

I’ll suggest u check with VJ in general- USCIS is prone to errors (see ppl get a 10 year card when it should be 2 years and vice versa, etc) and if it is an error, u def want to get this fixed sooner than later 

please keep us posted!

Okay thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andynov6 said:

Okay thank you 

1 hour ago, Andynov6 said:

Thank you I will do it today .i was thinking its 10yrs from date my conditional green card started 

Ahh
there's the confusion.

Nope. It's a FRESH card with it's own new dates. Whooo hooo
Now go enjoy a stress-free immigration life for some time. Congrats again!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Ahh
there's the confusion.

Nope. It's a FRESH card with it's own new dates. Whooo hooo
Now go enjoy a stress-free immigration life for some time. Congrats again!

Thank you ..lol stress free when i get this citizenship done this October 

I am supposed to be a November filer but due to a mistake I made which I sent my packet to Lewisville Texas not in Arizona my application is now in February filer since I sent a 2nd packet.The first one was denied due to a wrong address I sent the packet and still waiting for it to get back here in my home address.

Packet sent: 1/28/2021

Packet Received:2/1/2021

Check Cashed: 2/11/2021

Waiting for NOA now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorald02 said:

I am supposed to be a November filer but due to a mistake I made which I sent my packet to Lewisville Texas not in Arizona my application is now in February filer since I sent a 2nd packet.The first one was denied due to a wrong address I sent the packet and still waiting for it to get back here in my home address.

Packet sent: 1/28/2021

Packet Received:2/1/2021

Waiting for NOA now.

That is REALLLLY fast for them to receive the packet and cash the check . Are you sure they are returning your other packet, and they didn't forward it to the correct place? They do that for many others. 

2 hours ago, tab0712 said:

That is REALLLLY fast for them to receive the packet and cash the check . Are you sure they are returning your other packet, and they didn't forward it to the correct place? They do that for many others. 

We were wondering as well how quickly was it so my husband called the bank to find out which check was being processed by USCIS and it was the first check we sent. It means that our first packet finally came to AZ. The USCIS agent we talked last 1/25 told us that the first packet was denied and their going to send it back to our home address that’s why we sent a second packet on 1/28. Now, we have 2 packets in USCIS offices.We actually cancelled the first check and paid the cancellation fee and then made a new check for the second packet. Good thing is my husband was able to fix this just an hour ago and the bank didn’t charge us for canceling the 2nd check. At 2:30 pm the $680 finally taken from our bank. Sorry for the confusion. We have been contacting the USCIS about my first packet and no proper information I am getting. 

Packet Received: 11/13/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Jorald02 said:

We were wondering as well how quickly was it so my husband called the bank to find out which check was being processed by USCIS and it was the first check we sent. It means that our first packet finally came to AZ. The USCIS agent we talked last 1/25 told us that the first packet was denied and their going to send it back to our home address that’s why we sent a second packet on 1/28. Now, we have 2 packets in USCIS offices.We actually cancelled the first check and paid the cancellation fee and then made a new check for the second packet. Good thing is my husband was able to fix this just an hour ago and the bank didn’t charge us for canceling the 2nd check. At 2:30 pm the $680 finally taken from our bank. Sorry for the confusion. We have been contacting the USCIS about my first packet and no proper information I am getting. 

Packet Received: 11/13/2020

Unbelievable!! We rely so much on the information they tell us, and that agent really dropped the ball giving you those details. I am so glad you were able to get it all cleared up. 

1 hour ago, tab0712 said:

Unbelievable!! We rely so much on the information they tell us, and that agent really dropped the ball giving you those details. I am so glad you were able to get it all cleared up. 

I agree. I called them more than 15 times and even talked to a tier 2 representative.For months no proper answer to my questions about my 1st packet. My receipt starts with YSC...

They are dealing with delays due to covid19, they process close to or over a million cases at year. Imagine the amount of space they must need to store and process safely all those applications, some of them pretty large. Then if you send it to the wrong place they have to store it and eventually send it back, it takes time! It is probably sent to a shipping office, where they also send other items and mail and there is probably a queue there too. Most of the officers who answer phones must be in a call center and the information they can give you is limited on what they see. At this moment just for them to send the first noa takes in some cases over 2 months. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do, just wait and check, double check, triple check everything in your package before you send it.

40 minutes ago, Ecaen87 said:

They are dealing with delays due to covid19, they process close to or over a million cases at year. Imagine the amount of space they must need to store and process safely all those applications, some of them pretty large. Then if you send it to the wrong place they have to store it and eventually send it back, it takes time! It is probably sent to a shipping office, where they also send other items and mail and there is probably a queue there too. Most of the officers who answer phones must be in a call center and the information they can give you is limited on what they see. At this moment just for them to send the first noa takes in some cases over 2 months. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do, just wait and check, double check, triple check everything in your package before you send it.

I agree with you! There's so many people that submit their paperwork. And it's gonna be even more now that immigration is getting "easier" ..I can only imagine how much time it all takes. Especially if people send 1000 pages with their form. They all need to be scanned. 😅 

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
45 minutes ago, MariaUSA90 said:

I agree with you! There's so many people that submit their paperwork. And it's gonna be even more now that immigration is getting "easier" ..I can only imagine how much time it all takes. Especially if people send 1000 pages with their form. They all need to be scanned. 😅 

What they need to start doing is letting more ppl apply online. This is just delaying everything and the US mail is not helping either. I waited for days and weeks for certain tax documents. Some didnt even reach me but I was able to download it.  

Just now, ROC-AL said:

What they need to start doing is letting more ppl apply online. This is just delaying everything and the US mail is not helping either. I waited for days and weeks for certain tax documents. Some didnt even reach me but I was able to download it.  

So true! Postal service is terrible right now. 😔

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, MariaUSA90 said:

So true! Postal service is terrible right now. 😔

We never got the biometrics letter, which we got no use for, but still. I would want to see if online applications for I-751 would have uploading limits for those 1000+ page filers. 🤭

4 hours ago, ROC-AL said:

We never got the biometrics letter, which we got no use for, but still. I would want to see if online applications for I-751 would have uploading limits for those 1000+ page filers. 🤭

I actually wanted to ask if people are getting biometrics waiver letters or not? I saw in October filers forum that they are? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, RS_ said:

I actually wanted to ask if people are getting biometrics waiver letters or not? I saw in October filers forum that they are? 

Who even knows
It's like we saw them giving notifications for prior months- then it got to November and no one got a text-- then we started seeing texts 2 months after the fact.

it's a hot mess over there
I know it doesn't help but everyone should just strap on their pants and pack on some patience. lol

I think the best source is still our spreadsheet (not even prior months). Follow ur service center and see if anything is happening in the center around your date.

Edited by emekus94

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.