alexLS

N400 - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Oakland Park, FL)

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, rizvi252 said:

I had my oath ceremony the same day. Had interview in the morning and was schedule for oath following interview. 

Ohhhhhhh this is fantastic !  Thank you for confirming.   I have mine scheduled in a couple of weeks. Also at  7:15 AM. 

it is great not only to have it same day but also have it in the morning as well.   I may not even need to take a day off work at all if I can have similar experience as you. 

wo 7:40 am you were done with both interview and ceremony.   That’s amazing ! 

Can prob go and apply for a passport right away then ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Can49 said:

Ohhhhhhh this is fantastic !  Thank you for confirming.   I have mine scheduled in a couple of weeks. Also at  7:15 AM. 

it is great not only to have it same day but also have it in the morning as well.   I may not even need to take a day off work at all if I can have similar experience as you. 

wo 7:40 am you were done with both interview and ceremony.   That’s amazing ! 

Can prob go and apply for a passport right away then ?

Yeah mostly you might also get same day oath. I had interview at 7:45AM and I had oath ceremony at 10:30 am on the same day. 

Yeah its great if we finish both on the same day. 

Once you get naturalization certificate, you can apply for passport on the same day itself if you have passport appointment.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, Can49 said:

Congratulations !!!!  Was your interview and ceremony on same day?  Thanks 

It was not.  The officer told me he was approving my case, but had to give it to a supervisor for final approval (I had prior arrests years ago).  A couple of hours after I left I received notifications that actions had been taken on my case.  Signed into MyUSCIS and saw my case was approved.  Oath ceremony was scheduled about 2 weeks after my interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all 

I had both my jnterview and ceremony this week. No oath same day but only a few days after.  It’s a super convenient office so I didn’t mind

Notes from the interview:

I listed speeding tickets under citations and the officer edited those out. The related  question where I put those  in n400 is intended for criminal/misdemeanor issues. 

that’s about it.  It’s quite surreal.   

good luck to all!

Edited by Can49

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi - did anyone have an interview experience at this center for a senior citizen 65 above? 
and applicants with little or no english speaking background (especially 65 and above) how are they interviewed? (The applicant in my case has been in US for 13 years and is 67 -therefore less than the 15 year mark. 
also if the number of days in US is just close 1000 days will they reject application? What happens to the $725 if you dont have enough dates? If they see applicants dont qualify because of lesser stay in US will they still charge the $725? 

• 4 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have not been on here in a while but just to give an update. I had my interview yesterday January the 13th at 7:15am. I was there for about 15 to 20mins max, nice officer asked me 6 questions got them all correct i actually have 2 arrest on file 1 in 2008 and second 2015 she asked about both and then she asked if i wanted to change my name i said no. She proceeded to ask me will i swear to obey the law, fight for the united states, if called to defend flag will i, if asked to go to non combat for us will i etc. I said yes yes yes and she proceeded in letting me sign verify my name and gave me a notice that congratulations pending your background check. I got a interview result that had you passed english test and us history checked and then section B was checked a decision can not be made yet about your application. so right now fingers crossed. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Hubby got a notice yesterday (april 22, 2022) in the mail....After 2 years and a month  we finally got something from USCIS!! Thank God!

Anyways, his interview/exam is scheduled for June 4, we had a few questions...

1. will I be able to go in with him to the interview(I'm the US citizen spouse)? or is it just the applicant?

2.  In addition to the documents requested in the notice, does he need to bring any supplemental documentation (for example: birth certificates of our kids, mortgage bill, tax returns, pictures, etc)?

3.  If the oath ceremony is for another day, can he have guests be there (myself and our boys)?

We were very happy to know that we got assigned this office since it's 15 min from where we live.  Thank you all for your inpuat and to those still waiting, Hold on! your time will come soon :) 

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Update, about 2 weeks after this incident (hubby had an interview June 4, but the office closed due to a tropical storm coming in that day....which just turned out to be rain) and  his new interview date was July 14 (Thursday) I'm happy to report he passed his interview and his Oat Ceremony was the next day July 15 (Friday) and that same day he applied for a passport and registered to vote. Thank God we are finally done with this process.

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.