Sarge2155

October 2020 - AOS Filers

257 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, CMT said:

that's so awesome! I'm glad to hear that. Good thing you did go!

I think that's unrelated.. just a normal RFE. Did you send the I-994?

When I did my fingerprints my status just changed to " case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" for that I-765 and I-485

Thank you! Yeah I’m also glad I went!! Yes I send in everything I had to and then some. I even got the evaluation for my Highschool and Bachelors diploma, which was almost $400 plus translations.. well I’ll see what they’ll want from me.. thank you for your reply!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, HRQX said:

I assume your I-765 and I-131 filings were free. If so, it looks like there is a uscis.gov page peddling misinformation:

They were. What’s the issue?

15 minutes ago, CMT said:

What’s the issue?

The current USCIS I-485 page is clearly spreading the following wrong info:

Screenshot_20210217-155948_Samsung Internet.jpg

The above section info is incorrect because the preliminary injunction in Immigration Legal Resource Center v. Wolf case is still in place. The court ordered:

• "Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. section 705 the Court STAYS implementation and the effective date of of USCIS Immigration Fee Schedule and Changes to Certain Other Immigration Benefit Request Requirements, 85 Fed. Reg. 46,788 (Aug. 3, 2020) (the "Final Rule") in its entirety pending final adjudication of this matter.
  • Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65, Defendants Wolf, in his official capacity under the title of Acting Secretary of DHS; Cuccinelli, in his official capacity under the title of Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Deputy Secretary of DHS; DHS; and USCIS, and all persons acting under their direction, ARE ENJOINED from implementing or enforcing the Final Rule or any portion thereof.
  • This preliminary injunction and stay shall take effect immediately and shall remain in effect pending trial in this action or further of this Court."

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

The current USCIS I-485 page is clearly spreading the following wrong info:

Screenshot_20210217-155948_Samsung Internet.jpg

The above section info is incorrect because the preliminary injunction in Immigration Legal Resource Center v. Wolf case is still in place. The court ordered:

• "Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. section 705 the Court STAYS implementation and the effective date of of USCIS Immigration Fee Schedule and Changes to Certain Other Immigration Benefit Request Requirements, 85 Fed. Reg. 46,788 (Aug. 3, 2020) (the "Final Rule") in its entirety pending final adjudication of this matter.
  • Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65, Defendants Wolf, in his official capacity under the title of Acting Secretary of DHS; Cuccinelli, in his official capacity under the title of Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Deputy Secretary of DHS; DHS; and USCIS, and all persons acting under their direction, ARE ENJOINED from implementing or enforcing the Final Rule or any portion thereof.
  • This preliminary injunction and stay shall take effect immediately and shall remain in effect pending trial in this action or further of this Court."

I don't see why they would not charge more if they could..

Timeline
On 2/18/2021 at 4:38 AM, Leah88 said:

Thank you! Yeah I’m also glad I went!! Yes I send in everything I had to and then some. I even got the evaluation for my Highschool and Bachelors diploma, which was almost $400 plus translations.. well I’ll see what they’ll want from me.. thank you for your reply!

this is random but I was just reading some comments on the AOS group on FB and I saw a Leah there then it just hit me, were you the one who asked some question the other day and I told you about the foreign military spouse group?!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, CMT said:

this is random but I was just reading some comments on the AOS group on FB and I saw a Leah there then it just hit me, were you the one who asked some question the other day and I told you about the foreign military spouse group?!

i dont know because of your name i cant really identify you haha. But yes, someone invited me to that group, and if it was you thank you again for your help!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Leah88 said:

i dont know because of your name i cant really identify you haha. But yes, someone invited me to that group, and if it was you thank you again for your help!!!

I had forgotten I didn't put my name on here lol but yeah that was me!! No worries:)

On 2/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, Leah88 said:

Is this mandatory to get the evaluation?? Cant we just submit the degree certificates which are in English?? Some one in this forum did and he/she got approved 

Timeline

haha! thats so cool!! Please add me on fb! we should be friends :D

well it said the evaluation was needed so I paid a good amount of money to get it done. I  know of multiple other people who didnt and got approved and have their greencard now. But I wanted to make sure that I got it all right. Silly me I spend a lot of money.

Hi guys. Sorry if this is not the right thread.

Our receipt notice is from November 19 and we don't have Biometrics appointment yet.

I have a question I couldn't find the answer to in the forum... The 'new' estimated EAD processing times of 4-6 months start counting after the i-765 receipt notice (11/19/2020) or 4-6 months after the biometrics have been taken? 

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thought I would update you on my process. I got tired of waiting for my biometrics appointment and requested to talk to an agent on the Emma chat and played it dumb, asking if by any chance I might have missed a mail inviting me to my appointment - of course not.

He sent a service request to the office that has juridiction over my case (so I believe MSC) and said it would take up to 30 days to receive a response, that was on Feb 25th. So far no news but I did ask him if it would speed things up and he said yes so hoping for the best.

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.