MaureenH

Swab test before leaving?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone knows that they need to take a swab test before they leave the Philippines or the airline will not allow the passengers o enter the plane if no paperwork for swab test? And is there specific hospital to go to? And what hospital? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaureenH said:

Does anyone knows that they need to take a swab test before they leave the Philippines or the airline will not allow the passengers o enter the plane if no paperwork for swab test? And is there specific hospital to go to? And what hospital? 

I imagine it depends on the destination 

YMMV

@MaureenH how long does it take before you get your kids passport from visa issuance?

If you are flying with PAL you dont need swab test result to show on departure. On their website they have 20 steps to follow for arrival in the Philippines. Hopefully I get to leave on the 17th. If you are still Filipino citizen of dual you dont need Visa. Otherwise you need to have visa. It's quick process.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, RandR16 said:

@MaureenH how long does it take before you get your kids passport from visa issuance?

If you are flying with PAL you dont need swab test result to show on departure. On their website they have 20 steps to follow for arrival in the Philippines. Hopefully I get to leave on the 17th. If you are still Filipino citizen of dual you dont need Visa. Otherwise you need to have visa. It's quick process.

They need to travel themselves. They said they need to get a swab test airline policy

1 hour ago, RandR16 said:

I think the original post was leaving the Philippines and not leaving the US.  There can be a big difference.  On what I know is the following:

Leaving the US and going to Manila, no COVID test is required in the US before departure, but a COVID test is mandatory upon arrival into Manila.  

Leaving the Philippines and flying to the US, there is no COVID test required upon entry into the US.  However, leaving the Philippines I am not sure (although I have heard some airlines may require it).  If someone can reply that knows then that is great but they need to list the airline as airlines have different requirements. 

Also, if anyone who has flown PAL from the US or from the Philippines going to the US, if they mention how full the flights were.  I know the flights that are coming/going from the US to Europe are around 10-25% full although there is still a travel a ban.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, MaureenH said:

They need to travel themselves. They said they need to get a swab test airline policy

Which airline?  Any transits through other countries?  For example, Taiwan requires negative COVID test results for transiting Filipino passengers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, MaureenH said:

No swab test is needed for direct flights to the US or if you transit through a single airport in Japan, at least as of a month ago. Korea has a list of approved hospitals to get tested at. I'm not sure if Taiwan has a list or not.

1 hour ago, JonSeattle said:

No swab test is needed for direct flights to the US or if you transit through a single airport in Japan, at least as of a month ago. Korea has a list of approved hospitals to get tested at. I'm not sure if Taiwan has a list or not.

This is one of the reasons I only recommend direct flights between the US and Manila for now. If you transit, you could have changing requirements constantly as well as a chance that transit flights will not be allowed. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

I just got back from the PH (MNL-HNL) last week thru PAL, no swab test was required upon leaving MNL or arriving at HNL that time. I think HI now requires all passengers to present a swab test result 72 hours before departure so you don't have to undergo the 14 day quarantine.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, MaureenH said:

Hi, 

When my minor child traveled to the USA last August 19, 2020. It was her first time traveling alone. I chose PAL as they were the only airline that has a direct flight to the USA from the Philippines.

She wasn’t required to get a swab test or any other test in regards to COVID.

I just checked the PAL travel advisories and only Hawaii requires PCR testing but not until Oct. 15. 
https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/departingfromtheph

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/reentryflights

Korean air and Eva air do require the test even if your were just to transit. 

This is where you can go for a covid test: 

Philippines (14 ) :
⑴St. Luke’s, Medical Center(BGC Taguig),
⑵St. Luke’s Medical Center(Quezon City)
⑶Makati Medical Center ,
⑷Manila Doctor’s Hospital
⑸The Medical City,
⑹ Lung Center of the Philippines ,
⑺Baguio Medical Center,
⑻ PRI Medical Center
⑼The Medical City Clark,
⑽ARC Hospital,
⑾(UCMed) University of Cebu Medical Center,
⑿QualiMed Hospital,
⒀Divine Word Hospital,
⒁ Prime Care Alpha COVID-19 Testing Laboratory

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jegg said:

Hi, 

When my minor child traveled to the USA last August 19, 2020. It was her first time traveling alone. I chose PAL as they were the only airline that has a direct flight to the USA from the Philippines.

She wasn’t required to get a swab test or any other test in regards to COVID.

I just checked the PAL travel advisories and only Hawaii requires PCR testing but not until Oct. 15. 
https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/departingfromtheph

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/reentryflights

Korean air and Eva air do require the test even if your were just to transit. 

I already called Japan airline and they don’t require test also. I’m planning to meet them at Texas airport and bring them here in Florida. Thank you. How old is your minor child? I have a 17 and 12 traveling by themselves. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

4 hours ago, Chancy said:

Which airline?  Any transits through other countries?  For example, Taiwan requires negative COVID test results for transiting Filipino passengers.

JApan airline with 3 hours layover. And they said they don’t require swab test if only few hours.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MaureenH said:

I already called Japan airline and they don’t require test also. I’m planning to meet them at Texas airport and bring them here in Florida. Thank you. How old is your minor child? I have a 17 and 12 traveling by themselves. 

Hi again, She’s also 17. If they were to travel alone I’d recommend that you get a letter or any type of documentation from the DSWD office stating that they are not required to get a travel clearance for minor as they are holding a dependent visa. 
Before her flight. I communicated with DSWD, NAIA Bureau of Immigration and PAL, all offices told me that travel clearance wasn’t required. Knowing Philippines, I still made sure that we have evidence confirming this. So I asked my ex to print out Executive Order no 12 and have him highlighted the part saying why she was exempted and took that paper to the DSWD office and have them sign it. 

As expected, on the day of her departure she was asked about the travel clearance document at the PAL’s check-in counter and at the Immigration desk. She showed the notarized and signed paper and they accepted it. 

Here’s the link:

https://www.dswd.gov.ph/issuances/AOs/AO_2017-012.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.