9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My AOS package was delivered on Tuesday.  The check has not yet been cashed/ i haven’t received any notification that is hasbe received and under review. How long does this usually take? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I wouldn’t be concerned until day 30. It’s been only 3 days..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jess&Rob said:

My AOS package was delivered on Tuesday.  The check has not yet been cashed/ i haven’t received any notification that is hasbe received and under review. How long does this usually take? 

It took 28 days for me so definietly don't stress out yet. 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Timeline
Just now, mbssss said:

It took 28 days for me so definietly don't stress out yet. 

Thank you! Also I didn’t include I-944 but now it’s needed?  Urgh. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jess&Rob said:

Thank you! Also I didn’t include I-944 but now it’s needed?  Urgh. 

Yeah, that's true. If you send it in before October 13th, they will just send you an RFE for it at some point (including everyone else who filed in the window where it was not required) so you should still be good. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. The average seem to be about 2-3 weeks to get checks cashed but don't be concerned if it takes longer :) 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

Timeline
9 hours ago, mbssss said:

Yeah, that's true. If you send it in before October 13th, they will just send you an RFE for it at some point (including everyone else who filed in the window where it was not required) so you should still be good. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. The average seem to be about 2-3 weeks to get checks cashed but don't be concerned if it takes longer :) 

If I didn’t include i-944 will they still cash my check and consider my application under review?  And just ask me for the I-944

im going to start preparing it now so it’s ready to go when they ask for it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jess&Rob said:

If I didn’t include i-944 will they still cash my check and consider my application under review?  And just ask me for the I-944

im going to start preparing it now so it’s ready to go when they ask for it. 

Yes, they will still cash your checks etc. They will more than likely send you an RFE for you to send in the I-944 so def have it ready to go for when they do. That is what I am doing as well.

AOS

The timelines can vary wildly for each step of the process starting with cashing the check. The best information you will get here is a guess from another members experience. I would give it at least 30-45 days for check cashing before worrying. Then I would give each step up to 6 months to complete. Yeah it sounds trashy but from experience that's how it works. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Meanwhile, get the I-944 prepared, because sometimes it can take a while to do that. 

It was the only challenging form in our package, and by far the most time consuming, because my wife had to get her documents sent here (certificates, deeds, diplomas, etc,) download other documents from official websites (foreign tax return, bank statements, credit card statements, real estate tax statements, pension statement, etc) then have them all translated, then have her diplomas evaluated, and then write letters explaining everything.

FWIW:  If one has been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic and their alien spouse has assets, degrees, etc, then the I-944 could be a huge help.  My income is down more than 99% due to the pandemic, and I've been declared ineligible for all pandemic assistance, so we'll both be using assets for AOS (and not just MasterCard for everything else.)

Illegitimus non tatum carborundum!

"I think the government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem and very often makes the problem worse." -- Milton Friedman

"The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling." --- Thomas Sowell

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand." -- Milton Freidman

“The most dangerous weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.” -- Steve Biko

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.