5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My k1 visa interview was in January 2020 CO the end of interview refused to grant me visa he did not give me any 221 g paper and i recieved an email from embassy after several times inquiry last month where they were saying they preparing your case for revocation and 2nd email came from uscis where they were saying we got your case from embassy it never will be revalidated when uscis gets your case back from embassy u will not be updated further refile 129F.
After 20 days of those emails I got another email from embassy on 12 August where they saying you r in AP and you will be requesting more docs plus updated medical is require we also inquired from congressman 3 weeks ago he was saying I just checked from your inquiry your case sent back to CO on 12 August last time my case was updated on 8th September with same status like before "refused" I think 6 times my case has updated in 8 months with same status Refused. 
Can anyone tell me what's going with my case please

6 hours ago, nomi1400 said:

My k1 visa interview was in January 2020 CO the end of interview refused to grant me visa he did not give me any 221 g paper and i recieved an email from embassy after several times inquiry last month where they were saying they preparing your case for revocation and 2nd email came from uscis where they were saying we got your case from embassy it never will be revalidated when uscis gets your case back from embassy u will not be updated further refile 129F.
After 20 days of those emails I got another email from embassy on 12 August where they saying you r in AP and you will be requesting more docs plus updated medical is require we also inquired from congressman 3 weeks ago he was saying I just checked from your inquiry your case sent back to CO on 12 August last time my case was updated on 8th September with same status like before "refused" I think 6 times my case has updated in 8 months with same status Refused. 
Can anyone tell me what's going with my case please

No one can tell you what the specific issue is.  Only the consulate and USCIS staff knows.

Being Pakistan, it could be almost anything.

A K1 is a poor choice for Pakistan since a denial can not be appealed (revalidated by USCIS).  But it sounds like you're one of the few lucky ones that the Department of State reconsidered prior to returning it to USCIS. Pakistan has lots of issues around AP.  Hopefully your's is not security related and can be completed in months rather than years.

If it does end up being denied, wait for NOIR, then if it is correctable, get married and to a spousal visa.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

A K1 is a poor choice for Pakistan since a denial can not be appealed (revalidated by USCIS).  But it sounds like you're one of the few lucky ones that the Department of State reconsidered prior to returning it to USCIS. Pakistan has lots of issues around AP.  Hopefully your's is not security related and can be completed in months rather than years.

If it does end up being denied, wait for NOIR, then if it is correctable, get married and to a spousal visa.

mine is CR-1. Our interview was smooth & staff was very nice. Got congratulated & approved at interview. Said we should should be ready to travel in 2 wks as our medical is expiring soon.

next day we got email questioner looks like DS5535. They even called us, that we sent you email, reply to it, we will mail you passport back & then ask you to mail us back.

so far status is Refused. No passport in mail.  I have already sent email back to them with answers. We went to Maldives for 3 days, and rest info on DS5535 is N/A for wife. I didn’t send evidence with email since it wasn’t asked. Our First marriage, no kids, no job, Same address etc. I understand this form is for extensive travel  outside of home country & male applicants. 

The legality of first cousin marriage and polygamy in Pakistan complicates approvals for US immigrant visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.