6 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, jarj said:

My I-864EZ is now long overdue. 

I am ready to file it. But how do I file it? Where should I send it? The link on the instruction from USCIS is not working. 

Please advise anyone. 

Hank already answered this in your other thread.  Follow the instructions for NVC processing --

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Hank already answered this in your other thread.  Follow the instructions for NVC processing --

I found it now, it was under the FAQ. 

I hope I did this correct. 

I logged in to CEAC and clicked on the Civil Documents. The Affidavit of Support is not listed on the Required Document so I just clicked on the Optional Document. On the selection of Document type, it is not there as well so I am just selecting "Others" and typing "Affidavit of support and Tax Transcript" under the comment section. I uploaded it in 3 separate files since it has a maximum of 2MB per upload. 

Please advise on this. Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, jarj said:

I found it now, it was under the FAQ. 

I hope I did this correct. 

I logged in to CEAC and clicked on the Civil Documents. The Affidavit of Support is not listed on the Required Document so I just clicked on the Optional Document. On the selection of Document type, it is not there as well so I am just selecting "Others" and typing "Affidavit of support and Tax Transcript" under the comment section. I uploaded it in 3 separate files since it has a maximum of 2MB per upload. 

Please advise on this. Thank you. 

No, that is not correct.  The I-864 and tax transcripts should NOT be uploaded under "Civil Documents".  You need to upload the financial documents under the "Affidavit of Support" section.

Check out this official guide: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Chancy said:

No, that is not correct.  The I-864 and tax transcripts should NOT be uploaded under "Civil Documents".  You need to upload the financial documents under the "Affidavit of Support" section.

Check out this official guide: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Thank you for the guide. I just called the NVC since it won't let me access the affidavit of support. They have confirmed that I do not need to upload the affidavit of support since the applicant is just 13 years old. So that is a good news. Just waiting for interview now. 

6 hours ago, jarj said:

They have confirmed that I do not need to upload the affidavit of support since the applicant is just 13 years old. So that is a good news. Just waiting for interview now. 

Ah yes, I-864 not required for a minor child who will derive citizenship from a USC parent upon entry with an IR2 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.