murrv

K1 interview rescheduled - has anyone heard back yet?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Alexag said:

does anyone know what are the possibilities of the consulate shutting down again due to covid? I've been trying to keep up with Quebec news but I haven't seen  if they'll do targeted shut downs like Ontario or if they'll completely shut down everything like they did back in march 

QC premiere is making an announcement today at 5:30 that Montreal will be going into the red zone and they will be implementing restrictions. They said though that they're mostly concerned about bars and restaurants and the priority is to keep schools open and ppl working so *hopefully* it's just bars/restaurants/malls etc that are closing for now. I wonder if the embassy will hold off announcing any more rescheduling though today until after the announcement. 

15 hours ago, Alexag said:

does anyone know what are the possibilities of the consulate shutting down again due to covid? I've been trying to keep up with Quebec news but I haven't seen  if they'll do targeted shut downs like Ontario or if they'll completely shut down everything like they did back in march 

There is always a possibility but, I personally highly doubt it because the consulate now has  safety measure's in place and a plan that they worked on for months to operate safely during these times, also since given the high priority of spouse and K visa's I personally do not think they will shut down, would not make sense to me.

Timeline
5 hours ago, pooj97 said:

So I’m guessing no K1s rescheduled or even CR1s scheduled today? Ugh 😞

Looks like there are 4 confirmed rescheduled from Mar 25 to Oct 21st!

Timeline

Howdy...

Those of us whos case is at NVC and is not sent to Montreal embassy yet...

Is there anything we should be doing in the meantime?

I have read through @Greenbaum .pdf in an effort to not be a help vampire!

The next step is for NVC to send the case to Montreal.

When our CEAC status shows in-transit then we can track it through DHL.

Do we then just wait for packet 3 which has the forms and checklists which we complete and send back to them?

Then schedule and attend medical?

Embassy then sends packet 4 so we can schedule our interview?

Any help or details that anyone can add in would be awesome!

Just want to be sure we arent missing anything..

Thanks!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Chipper15 said:

Howdy...

Those of us whos case is at NVC and is not sent to Montreal embassy yet...

Is there anything we should be doing in the meantime?

I have read through @Greenbaum .pdf in an effort to not be a help vampire!

The next step is for NVC to send the case to Montreal.

When our CEAC status shows in-transit then we can track it through DHL.

Do we then just wait for packet 3 which has the forms and checklists which we complete and send back to them?

Then schedule and attend medical?

Embassy then sends packet 4 so we can schedule our interview?

Any help or details that anyone can add in would be awesome!

Just want to be sure we arent missing anything..

Thanks!

I think the only thing we could be doing right now without packet 3 is getting the police certificate since that’s valid for one year. Since my fiancé has also lived in the U.K., we’re working on getting that one too.

For everything else, i think we wait until packet 3

For Canada follow these instructions.

Packet 3 (P3) is used officially by embassies to communicate to the beneficiary the required steps and documents to complete the interview.  The P3 letters can be either snail mailed, emailed or found on the website for your embassy. Here are two examples, one for Canada https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf 

Packet 3 is the "Instruction Package" For standard processing consulate's, this is what the embassy sends out when it receives the petition from NVC. Some embassy's require you return packet 3 with DS-160 Part II to request your interview (embassy schedules your interview and then sends you P4*) to be scheduled where others only require you to follow the instructions which includes scheduling your own interview.

If your embassy uses the Packet 4 (P4) is the "Appointment Package" This is the packet that has the interview appointment and the final checklist of what to bring to the interview. Many embassy's only will send you Packet 3 for those who will schedule their own interviews.

Some Embassy's will send you a letter/email that directs you to their website for instructions and do not send a P3 to you as it is located on their website for your use.

*each embassy can be different when using either the P3 or P4 steps.

It's time for you to move over to the sub-forum for your country/region. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...

So for the interview, which I have this Tuesday, what do people recommend photocopying?

I copied everything on packet 3 that I can. Passports, certificates (birth for both of us, police), affidavit of support, proof of domicile (2019 tax receipt, recent pay stub from last week, utility bill from February), photos, and the letter of intent to marry.

I also copied the action of notice, just in case.

Do the consulate pages need copying? My hunch is no, but I'm asking to be more certain. These are packet 3, packet 4, confirmation email, instructions page, approved petition, etc...

The evidence for ongoing relationship need photocopies?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Dobbie said:

So for the interview, which I have this Tuesday, what do people recommend photocopying?

I copied everything on packet 3 that I can. Passports, certificates (birth for both of us, police), affidavit of support, proof of domicile (2019 tax receipt, recent pay stub from last week, utility bill from February), photos, and the letter of intent to marry.

I also copied the action of notice, just in case.

Do the consulate pages need copying? My hunch is no, but I'm asking to be more certain. These are packet 3, packet 4, confirmation email, instructions page, approved petition, etc...

The evidence for ongoing relationship need photocopies?

My fiancé's interview is Monday and he photocopied everything. He probably didn't need to, but it's better to be over prepared than under-prepared.

Timeline
On 10/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, phoeniks26 said:

My fiancé's interview is Monday and he photocopied everything. He probably didn't need to, but it's better to be over prepared than under-prepared.

Same here. Used up a whole ink cartridge but I'd rather be overprepared too 😅

Interview is tomorrow as well, I'm pretty nervous. Good luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.