2,966 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

But then why VAWA cases are getting processed not in order ?
The only explanation I see is nationality quotas for each year - it is in the law, but I am not sure if its for GCs or for Citizenship.
Anyway VAWA approval is neither of those, so I don't really have an answer, just thoughts as well.

Also, I am sure there are more than one officer in a single unit who processes theseΒ petitions. They might process the casesΒ in their hands inΒ order. But who can guarantee they are assigned the cases in order at the first place?Β 
Β 

Anyways, these are all my assumptions. I am not a professional.

2 hours ago, isurvived said:

Hi, I got RFE for Birth certificate 9months after my i360 was approved. Although they received my response July 18 2019. I have not heard anything since, but I'm hopeful. Just send what they are requesting, so they can go back to working on your case.Β 

Do you know a good website to translate my birth certificate in english? And is there any other legal document needed other than that? Just makimg sure I send the right thing

1 minute ago, Kely said:

Do you know a good website to translate my birth certificate in english? And is there any other legal document needed other than that? Just makimg sure I send the right thing

My birth certificate is in English, I hope someone with experience should be able to help with that. I didn't submit other legal documents. Just that should be fine I believe.

4 minutes ago, isurvived said:

My birth certificate is in English, I hope someone with experience should be able to help with that. I didn't submit other legal documents. Just that should be fine I believe.

Thanks for your response dear

Filed: Other Timeline
20 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Congrats! I am at 18 full months right now, nothing yet for me.
But I think it depends on country of origin, because they are allowed to issue an X amount of GC to each nationality every year, so I think some go faster then others at first stage, but then at field offices they sit in the same line. Does that sounds right guys ?

I think that quota is for H1b only πŸ€”

26 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 and anyone who already got their GC. I never see this asked before or I may have missed it. But what kind of GC did you receive? Is it the 2-year conditional GC? Or the 10-year GC?

10-year GC

30 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 and anyone who already got their GC. I never see this asked before or I may have missed it. But what kind of GC did you receive? Is it the 2-year conditional GC? Or the 10-year GC?

Hey dear, it's 10yrs..I believe everyone here will get 10yrs GC!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey dear, it's 10yrs..I believe everyone here will get 10yrs GC!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Got you. Thank you for the response :) Also, do you think I should seek help with Congressman regarding my I485 status based on the fact that my daughter's was already forwarded to NBC and mine still has no updates?? Or should I just wait? I filed both ours together as she is my derivative.Β 

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.