2,966 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Well by the grace of God I have my Greencard now and will be advising from experience along side general knowledge. Let's get to it....

1)Yes it can be linked if you advice USCIS in writing..but personally because of how messy those officials can get, I prefer to go in person. That said, a lot of people have successfully linked the i485 petition to thr i360 just by written instruction/appeal.

2) It's great to have police, medical, affidavits etc to boost evidence but you may still be considered if you do not have those due to your peculiar situation which you should explain in your self affidavit to USCIS why you do not have them..it helps gives them closure as they are aware each case is different and are familiar with the dynamics of the petition. For my case..I didn't have police report or medical report I just had my psychological evaluation alongside affidavits(mine and friends, family, neighbors, etc) which apparently sufficed!:) Now where affidavits are used for evidence, be sure to make certain it is very detailed..that is your chance to prove yourself. The evaluation should be detailed as well!

3) I never had to go through all of that as I went AWOL and MIA on him. Still doesn't know where I stay:) and it will continue to be that way. Had a terrible dream two nights ago that he came hunting me😈🔫..really scary..I couldn't go back to sleep! Stay away from her! Block her out!😊👍

congratulationss

On 9/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, LongFlight said:

Hello everyone, first of all I am happy to be with all of you. I recently discover this website and loved it. I have been reading everyone's post for a few weeks. I want to ask a question and also share my time line. I have applied for both I485 and I 360 april 2019 and my I360 page updated to card being produced as I understand, it means they approved my I360(I am hoping I am correct) today I got another update that they send my card to my adress. So what should I expect next and how long I will wait for interview approximately. I am New York filler. Also what could be the reason for them to fail in the interview. I haven't seen anybody failed at the interview but I am still worried. Thanks in advance 

congratulations

3 hours ago, Comforter said:

They said long form birth certificate. What does that mean

I received the same letter, they did say long form certificate on mine also but in my case my country has a new birth paper, I had the old one so uscis say they no longer accept the old one so I need to submit the new one, and they give me 87 days to submit it. I suggest you read the back of the letter to make sure they did not give you a time to submit to NBC.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:28 PM, cindy122808 said:

Hello kind people! Today I received my formal approval notice after I already received my c31 EAD a month ago. I do have a question. Is the wording about deferred action normal to the approval?

Also, my child (minor) is a derivative of my i360 and it said something I have to apply for her separately for deferred action. I am not familiar with this.

Please see attached pictures and enlighten me. Thank you all as always.

20200914_182656.jpg

20200914_182718.jpg

congrats

2 hours ago, Precious100 said:

Hello vjf has anyone received 2nd RFE and what dis they ask for ? 

Your input is highly appreciated please.

Hopefully its something simple I received my first RFE in June of 2018 for good faith marriage. I did not reply because I did not have a lawyer at the time, did not know about this forum and did not know how to answer the RFE myself. I received my second RFE in December 2019 for good faith marriage and to clear up dates that was given because the guy who had submitted the forms put two different dates of separation and I did not realize his mistake. Continue to pray God is good remember favor and grace!

4 hours ago, Fenix81 said:

Hi everybody I have a question I sent my application to renew my work permit under the c9 category I sent all the support documentation including the i-485 recipe who shows the pending status and the a copy with the old ead and they sent me back the documents and they say I did not sent the feeds my question is how much is for renew a work permit under c9 category 

It happened to me my lawyer had send mine in January  they send the package back in March and said I need to send back the package with the required fee of $410. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Sharshar42 said:

Hopefully its something simple I received my first RFE in June of 2018 for good faith marriage. I did not reply because I did not have a lawyer at the time, did not know about this forum and did not know how to answer the RFE myself. I received my second RFE in December 2019 for good faith marriage and to clear up dates that was given because the guy who had submitted the forms put two different dates of separation and I did not realize his mistake. Continue to pray God is good remember favor and grace!

@Sharshar42, Amen and tnk u sharshar.  I pray so. soo worried and can't wait for the mail.  I appreciate your response dear

4 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

Was the first one an RFE or a bona fide denial notice?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

11 hours ago, Fenix81 said:

Hi everybody I have a question I sent my application to renew my work permit under the c9 category I sent all the support documentation including the i-485 recipe who shows the pending status and the a copy with the old ead and they sent me back the documents and they say I did not sent the feeds my question is how much is for renew a work permit under c9 category 

$410 is the fee for i-765 + 85$ biometrics fee. The question is did you pay for your i-485 + i-765 when you applied initially ? if so you don't need to pay for the renewal but make sure that you submit the I-797(c)(NOA) receipts that shows the payment for i-485 and initial i-765. I take that you received the blue rejection letter from USCIS? in there they will explain the reason why it was rejected. Makes sure that the i-765 is the correct version (08/24/2020 is current one if you submit before 10/02/2020) this is every important as the fees amount will be changed by 10/02/2020. Make sure to check the version date of the document before you submit again. 

1695336932_ScreenShot2020-09-17at6_56_40AM.png.924b1e713e4424ae819506be41799d91.png

1276111856_ScreenShot2020-09-17at6_55_02AM.png.f95341a51e20ca09dada3dbc93d451a3.png

10 hours ago, Kiesel said:

I sent mine this week under C9. when did you send yours and how long did it take until you got the letter from them?

it takes about a month for them to send a rejection letter (VSC) mine submitted on 07/24/20 rejection on 09/14/20.

12 hours ago, Fenix81 said:

Did you pay the fee for the I-485 or did you get it waived?

C9 renewals are free if you paid the I-485 fee. In this case you want to basically write a strongly worded letter that this application is not subject to a fee and sent it back to them.

If you got it waived then either you have to pay the $410 or include an I-912 requesting a fee waiver.

27 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

It was an RFE for good faith marriage.

Huh, thought they'd just deny it if you don't respond. Though I guess they might've assumed that the notice got lost and decided to try again once the case came up for review again. I had something similar happen with an I-601A that I abandoned, though that was for biometrics. Didn't go, got a second appointment a year later, didn't go, and they denied it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.