Missing7abibi

What does the Case status updated date signify during 221g processing of US Visa?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So my husband in Jordan is currently under administration processing for his Cr1 visa, is case last updated a good sign? Does it mean its being worked on? Also during the interview in Amman Jordan the consular gave a list of 10 questions to answer which we did type it on Microsoft word format which came out to be 3 pages long i emailed and he also sent it in by mail along with his passport. I have been searching about for Ds5535 which is very similar to the list of 10 questions, however i followed the rules exactly how they wanted it typed for example... on ds5535 it says to add places visited length of stay source of funds also under family it says add children. BUT on the list from the embassy given it clearly says how to type your answer for the travel question is as follows: May 2001-June 2001 traveled to Egypt as a Tourist.. not as detailed as ds5535. Also for family member on list it doesn't say to add children just mom,dad, siblings, and prior spouses. My question is... was i right in following the embassy’s guide of format or should i have sent it the ds5535 even though they didn't ask for that but they are both so similar??? 

BA6451FB-896A-4E18-A60F-6D85BE097F31.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Missing7abibi said:

So my husband in Jordan is currently under administration processing for his Cr1 visa, is case last updated a good sign? Does it mean its being worked on? Also during the interview in Amman Jordan the consular gave a list of 10 questions to answer which we did type it on Microsoft word format which came out to be 3 pages long i emailed and he also sent it in by mail along with his passport. I have been searching about for Ds5535 which is very similar to the list of 10 questions, however i followed the rules exactly how they wanted it typed for example... on ds5535 it says to add places visited length of stay source of funds also under family it says add children. BUT on the list from the embassy given it clearly says how to type your answer for the travel question is as follows: May 2001-June 2001 traveled to Egypt as a Tourist.. not as detailed as ds5535. Also for family member on list it doesn't say to add children just mom,dad, siblings, and prior spouses. My question is... was i right in following the embassy’s guide of format or should i have sent it the ds5535 even though they didn't ask for that but they are both so similar??? 

Hi, 

I think you are OK with your responses, except the part about family.   The instruction does not specifically state children, but the example they show lists the person's daughter.   So if your husband has any children, they should have been listed.

You can send them a letter with either a revised version of the entire questionnaire or with clarification of that one question and provide a full family list, including children.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/7/2020 at 2:31 AM, Missing7abibi said:

BA6451FB-896A-4E18-A60F-6D85BE097F31.jpeg

We had our interview and we also received this paper. I think we will just type up on a page. How long did it take for the embassy to reply to you after submitting this?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lindzsalem said:

We had our interview and we also received this paper. I think we will just type up on a page. How long did it take for the embassy to reply to you after submitting this?

Still no reply as of September 1st status is still Refused because he is under administrative processing. It seems like they are giving this sheet out to all now before elections 🤔. How did the interview go what questions were asked how long did it take? 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Missing7abibi said:

Still no reply as of September 1st status is still Refused because he is under administrative processing. It seems like they are giving this sheet out to all now before elections 🤔. How did the interview go what questions were asked how long did it take? 

Did they keep his passport? For my husband he sent his in along with the answers but last week they sent passport back telling him they will let him know if they need it later. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Missing7abibi said:

The interview went very well, the questions were simple, only about our relationship and the officer was nice. No problems at all in interview I’d say it was about 10mins. I am here in Amman but they didn’t let me enter the embassy. This Orange paper was already ready to be given out, my husband saw it there filled out before they started talking, seems to have already been decided beforehand. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My last update case date changed 4 times , but status still same as Refused. I replied to their email today about DS 5535 questioner. I didn’t receive this same form. But questions were like those on DD 5535. this is for my wife for which most answer are N/A

my interview easy. Staff were nice. Gave me approval on spot. Then next day I got this email & headache daily is On

@Missing7abibi did you provide evidence or proof to those questioner?

we went to Maldives for 3 days 

Edited by jamesbond123

Timeline
16 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

My last update case date changed 4 times , but status still same as Refused. I replied to their email today about DS 5535 questioner. I didn’t receive this same form. But questions were like those on DD 5535. this is for my wife for which most answer are N/A

my interview easy. Staff were nice. Gave me approval on spot. Then next day I got this email & headache daily is On

@Missing7abibi did you provide evidence or proof to those questioner?

we went to Maldives for 3 days 

Yes I answered all questions and emailed it to the embassy. No proof or evidence was asked of us just 10 questions that needed to be answered 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Missing7abibi said:

Yes I answered all questions and emailed it to the embassy. No proof or evidence was asked of us just 10 questions that needed to be answered 

Is your country embassy operating? Any updates 

I saw one person on FB, he said he worked at multiple MENA countries & process took 3 months 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.