Elmira

Interview time for MARCH filers

443 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Finally got through this morning, with an approval date of June 6, and NVC had not received the package, yet. I thought this part was supposed to be fast!

This part is usually fast. The only problem is, they have to wait for CSC to send them the petition, before anything can be done. It seems lately that CSC is in no rush to forward any petitions to NVC.

OUR TIMELINE

MARCH 7, 2007 - SENT I-129F TO CSC

MARCH 13, 2007- NOA1

MARCH 19, 2007- REC'D BY SNAIL MAIL

May 23, 2007- APPROVED!

May 24, 2007- Rec'd e mail stating I was approved on the 23rd!!!!

May 29, 2007- Arrives at NVC

May 30, 2007- Called NVC and received MNL#

May 31, 2007- Left NVC headed to MANILA

June 4, 2007- Petition Arrives at USE Manila

June 12, 2007- Packet Mailed from Manila

June 25, 2007- Rec'd Packet

July 27, 2007- Medical appointment Aug. 3, 2007- August 3rd Interview, APPROVED!!! 149 days from filing!!!

Sept. 7,2007- Mary will be landing in LAX

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got through this morning, with an approval date of June 6, and NVC had not received the package, yet. I thought this part was supposed to be fast!

This part is usually fast. The only problem is, they have to wait for CSC to send them the petition, before anything can be done. It seems lately that CSC is in no rush to forward any petitions to NVC.

Why we are so unlucky??? :crying:

We through NVC as well, and an operator told me that they didn't recieve our case yet, and added that they didn't recieve it because CSC usually send all approved cases in one big box, so they will not send your case till they will fill up the box, so they can safe time and money not sending cases separetlelly :(

Vismaster, I am sure our cases will be send togehter :) What do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here's to hoping mine was the last file they needed to fill that box to the top... :thumbs:

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We through NVC as well, and an operator told me that they didn't recieve our case yet, and added that they didn't recieve it because CSC usually send all approved cases in one big box, so they will not send your case till they will fill up the box, so they can safe time and money not sending cases separetlelly :(

Vismaster, I am sure our cases will be send togehter :) What do you think?

Elmira,

I'm sure we are in the same bottonless box....lol I just wish they would send it already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to hoping mine was the last file they needed to fill that box to the top... :thumbs:

I sure hope you are too!!!!! We could go pick up our cases and hand deliver them ourselves faster than this. I think they send them via pony express, but then even pony express would be faster.

I sure hope you are too!!!!! We could go pick up our cases and hand deliver them ourselves faster than this. I think they send them via pony express, but then even pony express would be faster.

I am sure even a little snail will be faster!!! :crying: Vismaster wht do you think do we have any chance to have our interviews in late August???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I finally got an email reply from NVC, a week after a I sent them the email. Our app is now on it's way to London apparantly, but they didn't say when they recieved it so i don't know how long it took to process - so, on to waiting for packet 3 now!

Met in Wales November 2004

Got engaged Feb 2007

Sent I-129F to NSC Mar 6th 2007

Embassy interview 11th Sep 2007

Arrived in US 15th Sep 2007

Married Oct 12th 2007

Sent AOS forms Nov 13th 2007

Biometrics Dec 14th 2007

EAD/AP received Jan 22nd 2008

Green Card interview Mar 23rd 2008

Timeline

Elmira,

That all depends on your country. (I don't even know where your country is... :blush: ) For Mexico, we can go as soon as we receive the packet from the consulate which is usually a month after they receive it from NVC. Mexico does not have appointments. Have you talked with anyone on VJ from your country?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

LOL vis....I'd just like to know how you even go about meeting someone from Kazahkstan, you probably have an interesting story Elmira. That's one of those far flung countries that no one visits...although personally I'd love to take a trip around the 'Stans' someday just cause there would be practically no other tourists to fight off...

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Timeline
LOL vis....I'd just like to know how you even go about meeting someone from Kazahkstan, you probably have an interesting story Elmira. That's one of those far flung countries that no one visits...although personally I'd love to take a trip around the 'Stans' someday just cause there would be practically no other tourists to fight off...

Well, to be honest, I thought I had a pretty unique situation with wanting to marry someone from a foreign country. At the time, I was working at a factory in Mexico. That's how I met my honey. After I filed, I found VJ and was absolutely astonished by how many people are marrying foreigners! Not to mention that VJ probably only represents a fraction of those people. In fact, I'm still amazed! I had no idea it was so 'common'.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I still haven't received a notice. I'm starting to worry. Anyone a March Filer with no notice yet???

6-09-06 Met Luis in Honduras

3-02-07 Went to Honduras to go see him

3-12-07 Finally mailed I-129F to CSC

3-13-07 They Received I-129F Petition

3-15-07 Touched

3-19-07 Received letter with case number

6-13-07 Touched (APPROVED and didn't even know it. Had to call CSC on7/2/07) 92 DAYS!

6-14-07 Touched

6-27-07 Sent to NVC

6-29-07 Touched

6-30-07 Touched Again

7-05-07 NVC APPROVED & SENT TO HONDURAS!!!!

7-10-07 Recvd letter from NVC of APPROVAL

8-21-07 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!

8-22-07 Everything went well, except..... they have to do an FBI check

10-19-07 Call from embassy that application is approved!! 59 DAYS WAITING!

10-22-07 VISA IN HAND BABY!!!

10-23-07 LUIS COMES TO THE U.S.!

10-30-07 MARRIED!!!!! YEAH!

AOS & EAD

11-14-07 Finally mailed AOS & EAD

11-15-07 Received and signed by V. Bustamante

11-23-07 Check cashed

12-05-07 Biometrics appt

01-23-08 EAD card received

3-14-08 Interview

3-17-08 Appt. went well, now just waiting for the card!!

4-15-08 approx. Got Green Card!

Children's I-485

4-1-08 Luis's children arrive from Honduras (Ages 11 & 9)

6-30-08 Mailed AOS (here we go again...)

7-30-08 Biometrics appointment

8-2008 Luis' moves out - kind of suspicious!

12-31-08 Luis returns

4-13-09 Childrens greencard appointment

4-15-09 Luis' moves out again! Smells like fraud to me

10-8-09 Served him annulment papers based on fraud

Well, to be honest, I thought I had a pretty unique situation with wanting to marry someone from a foreign country. At the time, I was working at a factory in Mexico. That's how I met my honey. After I filed, I found VJ and was absolutely astonished by how many people are marrying foreigners! Not to mention that VJ probably only represents a fraction of those people. In fact, I'm still amazed! I had no idea it was so 'common'.

:) Kazakhstan is quite big country and is located next to Russian (9th in the World with a territory). My country was a part of Soviet Union :) Do you know movie called "Borat..."? So that movie made Kazakhstan quite popular :)

I met my USC Fiance here in Kazakhstan. 3 years ago. Unfortunately 1 year after he went back to US (due to the end of his sirvice).. but the distance didn't kill our relationship :devil: . I visited him 5 times in US and he visited me last summer... this March he propsed me :innocent:

We scheduled our wedding on 1 December so hopefully everything will be according our plan B)

US Consulate here works quite fast. US Embassy is located in the capital- Astana, where I actually live, but as US Consulate covers other Central Asian on immigration visas I need to go for interview to main US Consulate office in Almaty (the biggest city here in Kazakhstan).

Hopefully my story wasn't too boring :)

Timeline

Your story is not boring! I never saw that movie so maybe that's why I never heard of your country. Sounds like as soon as NVC receives your case and then sends it off, you'll be well on your way home to the US!. Good luck. I hope we hear something this week from NVC.

Your story is not boring! I never saw that movie so maybe that's why I never heard of your country. Sounds like as soon as NVC receives your case and then sends it off, you'll be well on your way home to the US!. Good luck. I hope we hear something this week from NVC.

Thank you :) Actually you are right... my home is where my man is....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.