dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Patty1993 said:

This is great news and it picked up pretty fast in the Mumbai Consulate spouse group chat. Are you a member of that group?

Hey, unable to find the group. Can you please send me the exact group name as on Facebook? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, JASP said:

No, i wasn't aware about that group, will join now. Thanks.

This information was updated yesterday on the consulate website, a bit confusing though. Have they resumed spouse interviews or still the emergencies only?

Immigrant Visas

The United States Embassy in New Delhi and Consulate in Mumbai remain closed for routine immigrant visa services at this time and are providing only emergency and mission-critical visa services to spouses (IR-1/CR-1) and children (IR-2/CR-2) of U.S. citizens.

https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/

They are only doing emergency spouse but they mentioned on a Twitter reply that non emergency will open in a couple weeks. They already starting 221g I believe. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Patty1993 said:

They are only doing emergency spouse but they mentioned on a Twitter reply that non emergency will open in a couple weeks. They already starting 221g I believe. 

Oh okay👍 

Yes they started 221g read that as well on Twitter. 

12 hours ago, JASP said:

No, i wasn't aware about that group, will join now. Thanks.

This information was updated yesterday on the consulate website, a bit confusing though. Have they resumed spouse interviews or still the emergencies only?

Immigrant Visas

The United States Embassy in New Delhi and Consulate in Mumbai remain closed for routine immigrant visa services at this time and are providing only emergency and mission-critical visa services to spouses (IR-1/CR-1) and children (IR-2/CR-2) of U.S. citizens.

https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/

Which group are you guys talking about?

10 minutes ago, AllaR said:

Do I need to pay another $220 after my husband received the passport? It is written that after the receiving the visa we need to pay online before entering the USA. I have never heard about this fee.

That doesn’t necessarily need to be paid before entrance, just sooner paid the sooner you get his green card. You won’t get the green card from USCIS until that fee is paid.

Timeline

Got DQ email today from NVC.

Submitted AOS/IV/DS260 on August 13, 2020

DQ on September 04, 2020

Message on CEAC website only said Documentary Qualified.

One of the concerning thing I noticed when I received an email:

They put

Fnu, {Hxxxx Kxxxx}

Since on my passport surname is blank but givenName has Hxxxx Kxxxx .I decided to put Hxxxx under givenName(ds260) and Kxxxx under surname(ds260). 

Since Hxxxx is my FirstName which I used on I-130 form and Kxxxx is my LastName which I used on I-130 form.

Looks like they don't like mismatch between passport and DS260. On my I-130 form, they didn't care. Now, I have to figure out how to remove Fnu completely so it does not interfere with official papers in the future. 

Anyone from India can chime in on this if you encountered it before.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AllaR said:

I am not trying to be stupid, but where do I find DOS case number? it looks like different from NVC case number.

You can pay the fees on this site: https://ceac.state.gov/IV

Above site is from Department of State (DOS) only. It is advised if you can pay right away.

Since, you have not filled out your timeline. It is really hard to see what kind of visa you are applying or what is happening in your timeline. I am sure lot of other folks can help as well once we know what is your situation based on your timeline. 

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, BH2019 said:

You can pay the fees on this site: https://ceac.state.gov/IV

Above site is from Department of State (DOS) only. It is advised if you can pay right away.

Since, you have not filled out your timeline. It is really hard to see what kind of visa you are applying or what is happening in your timeline. I am sure lot of other folks can help as well once we know what is your situation based on your timeline. 

Thanks, this is CR1 visa. He got his passport and we need to pay fees. They gave him the link but I am confused if I need to create a new account or use my account. Nobody said anything during the interview.

Timeline
11 hours ago, The1plus said:

Which group are you guys talking about?

There is this group formed on Telegram App which includes people like us who have pending Spouse interviews in Mumbai, India.

If you wish to join, download the Telegram app and click this link you will be added to the group.

https://t.me/joinchat/OoaSF0tgOtNUCahjYRDFJw

Edited by JASP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.