Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

Filed 30th of September

Arrived 3th of October

Still my check didn't get processed...

should I be worried?

Thank you everyone.

I am glad I found a community where I can share my experience.

7 minutes ago, KHAJAZA said:

should I be worried?

No, be patient. Seems as though they are taking their time down there. Give it a little. Check out our spreadsheet and look at the currant times people are hearing back. Feel free to add your info too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit#gid=0

I have a question for anyone who came here on a CR1 visa, if you know the answer that would be great. But I want to know if anyone else has had a problem getting a job because of a background check for employment comes up with zero results? I’ve applied for a few that I couldn’t complete as it needs job references from within USA and attended a high school within USA and won’t allow me to choose states from other countries as an option. Just want to know if I’m the only one experiencing this? I know this is a i-751 forum but I’m not sure where else to ask. TIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, YazminJ said:

I have a question for anyone who came here on a CR1 visa, if you know the answer that would be great. But I want to know if anyone else has had a problem getting a job because of a background check for employment comes up with zero results? I’ve applied for a few that I couldn’t complete as it needs job references from within USA and attended a high school within USA and won’t allow me to choose states from other countries as an option. Just want to know if I’m the only one experiencing this? I know this is a i-751 forum but I’m not sure where else to ask. TIA

It took me 6 months of looking and applying for jobs to land one! They requested background checks from Australia after a few rounds of interviews, so they will get that if they need it.

LinkedIn is pretty popular here so it's easy to find recruiters for companies you want to work for. Reaching out to them directly on LinkedIn is a good move. Network network network! :) 

I suggest finding an ATS (applicant tracking system) checker website to upload your resume to. Recruiters don't seem to look at applicants if their ATS didn't pull any info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

give it a day or 2

Mine did  yesterday but it shows they received my case on  sep 25, 2020.... so now wait and wait  &......I use this case tracker app like someone had suggested here 

8 hours ago, Jeto said:

It took me 6 months of looking and applying for jobs to land one! They requested background checks from Australia after a few rounds of interviews, so they will get that if they need it.

LinkedIn is pretty popular here so it's easy to find recruiters for companies you want to work for. Reaching out to them directly on LinkedIn is a good move. Network network network! :) 

I suggest finding an ATS (applicant tracking system) checker website to upload your resume to. Recruiters don't seem to look at applicants if their ATS didn't pull any info.

Okay awesome, thank you so much. I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ll have to check out an ATS for sure.
I’ve got my background checks from Australia too but they never even ask for them, they only want me to fill in the ones on their websites, so maybe I should just send it in anyway. Thanks again I really appreciate it 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Omoba said:

Hi All, how long does it take to get an extension letter? I received my receipt # via text on 10/7.

You can actually check out here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit#gid=0

Timeline
11 minutes ago, YazminJ said:

Okay awesome, thank you so much. I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ll have to check out an ATS for sure.
I’ve got my background checks from Australia too but they never even ask for them, they only want me to fill in the ones on their websites, so maybe I should just send it in anyway. Thanks again I really appreciate it 

I was looking for job in 2018-2019 they had asked for job references .... may HR resources were not helping out.... but the place I work now did understand my background and sent emails to 3 job references I gave from place I worked in India.... So the HR of the company where I work also gave me a feedback that it was quicker then  responses we get from same country.... So it’s all on understanding and yes most important  companies policies.... wish you good luck 

1 hour ago, Pasa said:

I was looking for job in 2018-2019 they had asked for job references .... may HR resources were not helping out.... but the place I work now did understand my background and sent emails to 3 job references I gave from place I worked in India.... So the HR of the company where I work also gave me a feedback that it was quicker then  responses we get from same country.... So it’s all on understanding and yes most important  companies policies.... wish you good luck 

Thank you so much, I’m gonna reach out to my old bosses today see if they would give me a reference letter and see if they would reply if they reached out to them. Yeah there’s a job I really hoping to get just praying my background comes back okay, might just contact HR today see what they say 😊 thanks again 

22 minutes ago, Emmz said:

hello everyone, do u know guys if how many weeks before i can receive my Biometrics letter? i got NoA1 hard copy oct 7,2020 

It kinda depends where it was sent to cause if it was at EAC it’s seems to be going very quick for everyone there and they had their Biometrics waivered. Everyone else is still waiting, I sent mine in early September and haven’t gotten anything about biometrics yet. Just check out the google sheet we have, that’ll give you an idea how long you’re gonna have to wait :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit

3 hours ago, BunnyBoo said:

Hello. Received my notice of action today. I think it was assigned to the Vermont center. I wonder if i will need to get biometrics done?  Also am I both the beneficiary and petitioner this time? 

Glad you got your notice! You are both the the petitioner and Beneficiary. You are petitioning to remove the conditions and when it is approved you will then be the Beneficiary of the approval. Vermont has been pretty good about waiving the Biometrics, you should hear in a week or so. I heard about 7 days after my letter.

Hi,

I am wandering if anybody would be aware of if it is possible to travel to Canada with an expired Green card? I know I can't travel to Canada right now, but I just want to know since I have a very good friend in Canada who I planned to visit early this year. But you know then Canada closed its border, and they only allow non-discretionary travel now (which surely doesn't include visiting a friend). I don't think they will reopen anytime soon before my greencard expires (or even not until early next year).

And can I use NEXUS or Global Entry if I have an expired Green card? (Not sure if anybody have read about this)

Thanks!

Edited by frank19910210

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.