Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bob in Boston said:

Did you call or visit staples.... sounds like it never got into the system

Yes I called. The girl said that she asked her boss who said that all packages would have been cleared by 4 PM on that day by UPS driver. 

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

24 minutes ago, YazminJ said:

I had an issue with UPS recently I ordered something and it was sent but it didn’t change in UPS system. 2 different times this happened in the last month. The company sent it out August 24 and nothing happened with the tracking until September 8. I don’t know if UPS system is having problems but If you can wait it might just be slow in updating the tracking. I mean if you need it to be there soon, then maybe resend it but like you said you don’t want them to have 2 of the same copies of your I-751. 

Hmm I am not sure if I can wait? Does it really gonna affect a lot on my timeline if I wait? Because my first day of 90 day window was already almost 4 days ago

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

2 minutes ago, frank19910210 said:

Hmm I am not sure if I can wait? Does it really gonna affect a lot on my timeline if I wait? Because my first day of 90 day window was already almost 4 days ago

I don’t think it will since your 90 day window just opened. I’ve seen people on other posts say they didn’t send there I-751in until a month before there GC expired which I’m sure you don’t want to do but they were fine as they give you 90 days to send it in, it’s only after the 90 days where they start to question why it’s late. I mean if it was me I would wait for the end of this week if nothing changes I’d resend it and call the USCIS so they know why you sent in two petitions in case they receive both of them. 

12 minutes ago, frank19910210 said:

I was 2 weeks late Frank, I would give it a week. If you dont get a text think about a re send.

9 minutes ago, YazminJ said:

I don’t think it will since your 90 day window just opened. I’ve seen people on other posts say they didn’t send there I-751in until a month before there GC expired which I’m sure you don’t want to do but they were fine as they give you 90 days to send it in, it’s only after the 90 days where they start to question why it’s late. I mean if it was me I would wait for the end of this week if nothing changes I’d resend it and call the USCIS so they know why you sent in two petitions in case they receive both of them. 

Okay thanks! Is there anything I should be aware of when calling USCIS?

I mean sometimes strategies are needed to deal with government agency. Or do I just call, tell them and that's it, assuming they surely noted this information?

6 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

I was 2 weeks late Frank, I would give it a week. If you dont get a text think about a re send.

Okay sure thanks haha. ☺️

Edited by frank19910210

1 minute ago, frank19910210 said:

Okay thanks! Is there anything I should be aware of when calling USCIS?

I mean sometimes it is needed to deal with government agency. Or do I just call, tell them and that's it, assuming they surely noted this information?

Okay sure thanks haha. ☺️

Other than waiting about an hour to get through to them just have your information ready like your GC number date of birth and any other Forms of ID Incase they ask. I had to deal with them in receiving my GC a lot the first year I was here and I just had to have all of that information and receipt number but since you don’t have a receipt number yet they might just make a note of it on your file. If the person you speak to can’t help you, ask to talk to tier 2 they always know more and are more helpful I’m sure they will give you advice what they think you should do. 

6 minutes ago, YazminJ said:

Other than waiting about an hour to get through to them just have your information ready like your GC number date of birth and any other Forms of ID Incase they ask. I had to deal with them in receiving my GC a lot the first year I was here and I just had to have all of that information and receipt number but since you don’t have a receipt number yet they might just make a note of it on your file. If the person you speak to can’t help you, ask to talk to tier 2 they always know more and are more helpful I’m sure they will give you advice what they think you should do. 

Okay thanks a lot for your suggestion!

1 minute ago, frank19910210 said:

Okay thanks a lot for your suggestion!

You’re welcome, hopefully ups is just slow in updating the system and it gets there soon. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello all! What should I do if I got 2 Affidavits with the wrong address on top left corner for Dallas TX instead of Arizona? I prepared them earlier in August so I put TX address on those Affidavits..Should I put a sticky note next to it with the Arizona address or nothing and just send them in with all other documents with the correct address? I don't want to ask my MIL and brother in law to go to a bank again and get new ones notarized-they already had to take time off from work to do it for me...😣

2 hours ago, sweets1234 said:

Hello all! What should I do if I got 2 Affidavits with the wrong address on top left corner for Dallas TX instead of Arizona? I prepared them earlier in August so I put TX address on those Affidavits..Should I put a sticky note next to it with the Arizona address or nothing and just send them in with all other documents with the correct address? I don't want to ask my MIL and brother in law to go to a bank again and get new ones notarized-they already had to take time off from work to do it for me...😣

I wouldn't worry about it a all. Once Arizona gets it it will be sent to a service agency for processing. With you being in Florida maybe going to Texas after all.

Send them as they are.

47 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

I wouldn't worry about it a all. Once Arizona gets it it will be sent to a service agency for processing. With you being in Florida maybe going to Texas after all.

Send them as they are.

Just for curiosity, not sure if you are aware. If lockbox is receving the documents and scanning everything, and that the local office is who actually approves the application so what is the service center's role in here? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
21 minutes ago, frank19910210 said:

Just for curiosity, not sure if you are aware. If lockbox is receving the documents and scanning everything, and that the local office is who actually approves the application so what is the service center's role in here? 

For my understanding, the service centers processes the petition/application and then assign it to the local office for interview and approval 

Edited by Sugarlegetiti

Just now, Sugarlegetiti said:

For my understanding, the service centers processes the petition/application and then assign it to the local office for interview and approval 

Oh okay okay thanks for the clarification!

6 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Did you call or visit staples.... sounds like it never got into the system

Apparently, the girl from lied to me. I happen to pass by the staples on my way home, so I decided to pay a visit, and they told me that the UPS driver DIDN'T come that day and picked up the package. 

Luckily, everything is fine. Thanks for your suggestion and @YazminJ 's suggestion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.