bmat

CEMAR needed?

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife has her interview in 2 weeks. I'm a US born citizen having never lived in the Philippines. She currently has her CEMAR. Do I need a CEMAR as well for her to bring with to the embassy? 

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, bmat said:

Hello,

My wife has her interview in 2 weeks. I'm a US born citizen having never lived in the Philippines. She currently has her CEMAR. Do I need a CEMAR as well for her to bring with to the embassy? 

Thanks

no

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, bmat said:

Hello,

Thanks

No.

A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, bmat said:

Hello,

Thanks

My wife also has her interview next week. We have networked with several people in the past couple weeks having their interview at MNL during the lockdown.

@bmatWell, there is alot of info left out in your question about your wife's interview. So if you are just asking specifically if she needs to show your CENOMAR certificate for you, the answer is yes which is really an Advisory on Marriage now that you are married. Both of you should have your ADVISORY on MARRIAGE certificate. Doesn't matter if you never lived in PH. you can order it online at PSA and have it sent directly to the Embassy if you like. PSA will have a check box before you pay for it that will fill in the Embassy address, but you have to fill in your case number. In person your wife will have to go to PSA and wait in line for a day and have to go back 3 days later to pick it up. BTW, CENOMAR or ADVISORY is only valid for 6 months.  If you would like a checklist for the interview i can send you one in a message.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:09 AM, BlinkerFluid said:

My wife also has her interview next week. We have networked with several people in the past couple weeks having their interview at MNL during the lockdown.

@bmatWell, there is alot of info left out in your question about your wife's interview. So if you are just asking specifically if she needs to show your CENOMAR certificate for you, the answer is yes which is really an Advisory on Marriage now that you are married. Both of you should have your ADVISORY on MARRIAGE certificate. Doesn't matter if you never lived in PH. you can order it online at PSA and have it sent directly to the Embassy if you like. PSA will have a check box before you pay for it that will fill in the Embassy address, but you have to fill in your case number. In person your wife will have to go to PSA and wait in line for a day and have to go back 3 days later to pick it up. BTW, CENOMAR or ADVISORY is only valid for 6 months.  If you would like a checklist for the interview i can send you one in a message.

Your post contradicts what the US Department of State requires for Manila. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

Only the beneficiary needs the CEMAR. 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, BlinkerFluid said:

Yes, if you don't mind sending a checklist, it would be appreciated. 

Timeline
On 8/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, BlinkerFluid said:

@bmatWell, there is alot of info left out in your question about your wife's interview. So if you are just asking specifically if she needs to show your CENOMAR certificate for you, the answer is yes   :no:  which is really an Advisory on Marriage now that you are married. Both of you should have your ADVISORY on MARRIAGE certificate. Doesn't matter if you never lived in PH. you can order it online at PSA and have it sent directly to the Embassy if you like. PSA will have a check box before you pay for it that will fill in the Embassy address, but you have to fill in your case number. In person your wife will have to go to PSA and wait in line for a day and have to go back 3 days later to pick it up. BTW, CENOMAR or ADVISORY is only valid for 6 months.  If you would like a checklist for the interview i can send you one in a message.

No for USC petition, only if Filipino born in the Philippines and lived there after their 18th birthday as stated in the embassy checklist.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 8/31/2020 at 8:58 AM, bmat said:

Yes, if you don't mind sending a checklist, it would be appreciated. 

Follow the 5 steps:    https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

52 minutes ago, Dkelley said:

Hi,

how did you guys get interviews scheduled during these times if you don’t mind me asking?

Step 1: Fill in your own timeline on Visa Journey

Step 2: Start a new thread with your questions

Step 3: They are only doing expedited interview requests for now. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:09 PM, BlinkerFluid said:

@bmatWell, there is alot of info left out in your question about your wife's interview. So if you are just asking specifically if she needs to show your CENOMAR certificate for you, the answer is yes   :no:  which is really an Advisory on Marriage now that you are married. Both of you should have your ADVISORY on MARRIAGE certificate. Doesn't matter if you never lived in PH. you can order it online at PSA and have it sent directly to the Embassy if you like. PSA will have a check box before you pay for it that will fill in the Embassy address, but you have to fill in your case number. In person your wife will have to go to PSA and wait in line for a day and have to go back 3 days later to pick it up. BTW, CENOMAR or ADVISORY is only valid for 6 months.  If you would like a checklist for the interview i can send you one in a message.

13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No for USC petition, only if Filipino born in the Philippines and lived there after their 18th birthday as stated in the embassy checklist.

Ok I am observing on this website is a lot of ego. 

Some people might have had their immigration experience years ago and it doesn’t apply today. There are those like me who are actually in it and finish right now and are sharing the actual experience, regardless of what others might want to clip links, especially to another private website, instead of actually know what goes on during the past months during expedite interviews during lockdown. Just because listed on the state department website doesn’t mean the consul won’t ask for something they deem relevant. Go ahead and argue with the consulate see how that story ends.

How do I know this? I am sharing through my own experience and others I know personally: not only my being asked for my own Advisory on Marriage as a US Citizen there are many of my wife’s friends that have just gone through the interview process in the past 4 weeks and were asked for this very document for their US citizen husbands, which like me never had residence in PH. Maybe some others have not been asked for it.

This will be my last post to Visa Journey. I WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE TO AVOID THIS WEBSITE. Misleading and telling people that people have waited many months to years, costing thousands of dollars, not to mention difficulty traveling to Manila during ECQ & GCQ, medical exams, waiting for more than a month for their interview to end up getting a 221g all over an $8 document throwing you back in cue as expedites are now back logging is irresponsible.

But what do I know?

Go ahead and roll the dice…

Tell them Hank told you don’t need this.

Timeline

The link I posted earlier is to the embassy checklist and steps to the process, until the embassy changes the info there IT is the "official" requirements.  Doesn't get more official than that, and the embassy states:   

 CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

 A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

Follow the 5 steps:    https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

then NBI is 1 year because that is from the official site and not 6 months like you consistently mention 

YMMV

11 hours ago, BlinkerFluid said:
Maybe some others have not been asked for it.

I checked with a VJ member who was approved last week for a CR1 and they were only asked for the beneficiary's CEMAR. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, bmat said:

Hello,

Thanks

You were approved for a visa last week. What did your wife need in regards to the CEMAR? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.