Jump to content
NoMansLand2020

CFO requirements

 Share

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée registered for GCP online and they are asking her to submit petitioner certificate of employment. What is this and what can I have her submit? 

 

They are also asking for a photo of her visa which she does not have yet. I didn't think you needed a visa upfront for GCP. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Certificate of employment .. that is a new one.   Best you can do is an Employment Letter from the HR dept.   IMHO

 

Right now they are not doing the seminar so they want a copy of the visa and then they will give you the certificate of completion for GCP.   

 

Things are very "messed up" with CFO right now ..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

Picture

 

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

My fiancée registered for GCP online and they are asking her to submit petitioner certificate of employment. What is this and what can I have her submit? 

 

They are also asking for a photo of her visa which she does not have yet. I didn't think you needed a visa upfront for GCP. 

 

 

CFO taking stupidity to the next level.

 

Just write your own "Certificate of Employment", Never knew you had to work for someone in order to get a CFO sticker.

 

Just shows you how ignorant and stupid CFO really is, typical 3rd World Mentality they have, Good Job Philippines  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Certificate of employment .. that is a new one.   Best you can do is an Employment Letter from the HR dept.   IMHO

 

Right now they are not doing the seminar so they want a copy of the visa and then they will give you the certificate of completion for GCP.   

 

Things are very "messed up" with CFO right now ..

They aren't doing an in person seminar, but they are doing one online. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello good day! As of now about CFO seminar they are open for tele -counseling  the one who already have a Visa only. They want to see or have a record for the Visa then they will give the CFO sticker that will attach in Philippines passport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nickbell2020 said:

Hello good day! As of now about CFO seminar they are open for tele -counseling  the one who already have a Visa only. They want to see or have a record for the Visa then they will give the CFO sticker that will attach in Philippines passport.

I know this is not the case as I have spoken to others who do not have VOH and are still at NVC who have already finished the tele-counseling 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes now starting August 24 they are open only for the one who have a VISA only. I registered online  without visa yet but they cancel it and told me that info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I know this is not the case as I have spoken to others who do not have VOH and are still at NVC who have already finished the tele-counseling 

Yes now starting August 24 they are open only for the one who have a VISA only. I registered online  without visa yet but they cancel it and told me that info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nickbell2020 said:

Yes now starting August 24 they are open only for the one who have a VISA only. I registered online  without visa yet but they cancel it and told me that info.

I guess I will have to try and see what happens. These Philippine requirements and processes are a huge joke and pain in the butt. CFO is easy if you live in Manila, Cebu, or any of the other areas where the seminar is offered. But for people who have to travel and especially those with kids it is nearly impossible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance got her certificate in email a few ours after she sent in the pics of her passport, visa, and payment. We also sent that in for her young daughter, but not response. I don't know if that is required or not. I sent and email asking, but they didn't reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

My fiance got her certificate in email a few ours after she sent in the pics of her passport, visa, and payment. We also sent that in for her young daughter, but not response. I don't know if that is required or not. I sent and email asking, but they didn't reply.

My fiancee and her kids do not yet have a visa. I thought CFO would allow my fiancee to do her GCP online without visa. The kids will eventually have to register for PDOS when they get their visas.  The issue is my fiancee is not able to travel for GCP as there is no one to watch and tend the kids.  If they were older, teenagers, it wouldn't be an issue. But as they are both under the age of 6, they cannot stay home alone and it is very hectic to take them on a day trip to Davao, Manila, or Cebu.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

My fiancee and her kids do not yet have a visa. I thought CFO would allow my fiancee to do her GCP online without visa. The kids will eventually have to register for PDOS when they get their visas.  The issue is my fiancee is not able to travel for GCP as there is no one to watch and tend the kids.  If they were older, teenagers, it wouldn't be an issue. But as they are both under the age of 6, they cannot stay home alone and it is very hectic to take them on a day trip to Davao, Manila, or Cebu.  

The difference might be that my fiance had an in-person GCP session already scheduled when the shutdown occurred, and so she is covered under a different rule. And they love rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

So does my wife need to wait for something to be mailed or is it all emailed?

They will email a temporary certificate you can print because "the original document could take some time."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

My fiance got her certificate in email a few ours after she sent in the pics of her passport, visa, and payment. We also sent that in for her young daughter, but not response. I don't know if that is required or not. I sent and email asking, but they didn't reply.

Call the lady who did her teleconferencing. I did that and they said they will email my sons temporary certificate.

 

Edited by TVC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...