Ní hUisce

CEAC Status Change - waiting for cancelled interview to be rescheduled at the US Embassy in Dublin

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, all - something happened yesterday and it got my attention. For reference, I am a K1 beneficiary, and had sent in my notice of readiness to the Dublin Embassy on February 20th and got back an interview scheduled for April 14th, 2020. They shut the Embassy down mid March, and so my CEAC status came up as "no status" ever since... Until yesterday, 23rd of August. I checked, and it came up as "Ready". I will attach a screenshot of this. 

Curiously, another K1 applicant who's only a few days behind me on their visa journey and had their interview scheduled around the same time checked her CEAC status yesterday also and it changed from "no status" to "ready" too. Those that had their application at the NVC still said "at NVC".

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much, but should I think anything of this? I wonder could they be starting to reschedule cancelled interviews at Dublin? If any other Irish VisaJourney members could check their CEAC status, that would be a huge help. Maybe its a positive sign!

118373651_301391731284088_5374082244728230860_n.png

1 hour ago, Ní hUisce said:

I wonder could they be starting to reschedule cancelled interviews at Dublin?

UK and Ireland proclamation is in effect indefinitely. Thus, most Dublin K-1 applicants are affected by the following part of the proclamation: "The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish." How can K-1 applicants (that are subject to the proclamation) guarantee to the consular officers that they'll first go to an unrestricted country for 14 days before attempting travel to the US?

Even the few Dublin K-1 applicants that are exempt to the UK and Ireland proclamation (e.g. parent of US citizen child, etc.) haven't been able to get K-1 interviews.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

We submitted our application March 12th. Still showing as "No Status" on our end but this gives us hope.

Also, I am not sure if you can help answer this question but prior to your interview, were you told not to pay any fees until you were notified? We haven't paid the MRV fee because we were told to wait and now we're freaking out thinking we'r'e stuck in limbo.

If you can let me know that would be awesome, thank you! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, TP & RK said:

We submitted our application March 12th. Still showing as "No Status" on our end but this gives us hope.

Also, I am not sure if you can help answer this question but prior to your interview, were you told not to pay any fees until you were notified? We haven't paid the MRV fee because we were told to wait and now we're freaking out thinking we'r'e stuck in limbo.

If you can let me know that would be awesome, thank you! 

We submitted our application in August 2019 and got approved November 2019. Our application was scheduled for interview in April 2019. (Delayed due to busy medical centre, could only get our medical booked in Feb) so technically our case has been "ready" since the start of the year. However, when the embassy was closed my case showed up as "no status", then changed to "ready" after they reopened. Have you got your noa2 yet?

I payed my MRV fee because I got prompted to after I booked my appointment. I really wouldn't sweat it!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ní hUisce said:

We submitted our application in August 2019 and got approved November 2019. Our application was scheduled for interview in April 2019. (Delayed due to busy medical centre, could only get our medical booked in Feb) so technically our case has been "ready" since the start of the year. However, when the embassy was closed my case showed up as "no status", then changed to "ready" after they reopened. Have you got your noa2 yet?

I payed my MRV fee because I got prompted to after I booked my appointment. I really wouldn't sweat it!

We submitted in August 2019, was approved in December of 2019 , and submitted our notification March 12th or 13th, 2020. We took care of the medical appointment early enough because we knew that would make everything go much faster but that obviously backfired on us.

I am just confused as how you were able to book an appointment for an interview... did the packet they sent you not say to submit your Notification of Readiness until after you  already have documents for your medical and also not to schedule an appointment until they email back to tell you to schedule? If that's the case we would've had our items in a bit sooner and probably wouldn't be in this boat where we are stuck in LIMBO because we didn't pay the application fee... /:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TP & RK said:

We submitted in August 2019, was approved in December of 2019 , and submitted our notification March 12th or 13th, 2020. We took care of the medical appointment early enough because we knew that would make everything go much faster but that obviously backfired on us.

I am just confused as how you were able to book an appointment for an interview... did the packet they sent you not say to submit your Notification of Readiness until after you  already have documents for your medical and also not to schedule an appointment until they email back to tell you to schedule? If that's the case we would've had our items in a bit sooner and probably wouldn't be in this boat where we are stuck in LIMBO because we didn't pay the application fee... /:

Well I submitted my notification of readiness in February after I got every single document, incliding medical in hand, sorted. They then got back to me a few days later with my interview date and gave me instructions to pay the fee and schedule courier delivery. Oh and from what I remember you don't schedule the interview, they automatically schedule it after you submit the notification of readiness. 

From what you have told me, its not because you didn't pay the fee. Its probably because you submitted the notification of readiness so close to when they closed in March, which is why you didn't get an interview date and further instructions to pay the fee. I understand this is all so confusing and frustrating, but from what I'm reading you didn't do anything wrong! We just need to wait for the embassy to get back to us. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ní hUisce said:

Well I submitted my notification of readiness in February after I got every single document, incliding medical in hand, sorted. They then got back to me a few days later with my interview date and gave me instructions to pay the fee and schedule courier delivery. Oh and from what I remember you don't schedule the interview, they automatically schedule it after you submit the notification of readiness. 

From what you have told me, its not because you didn't pay the fee. Its probably because you submitted the notification of readiness so close to when they closed in March, which is why you didn't get an interview date and further instructions to pay the fee. I understand this is all so confusing and frustrating, but from what I'm reading you didn't do anything wrong! We just need to wait for the embassy to get back to us. 

Thank you for clarifying, I was freaking out because I thought we missed a step but that makes sense. I really hope they get back to us and we don't get forgotten about in the shuffle, that's my biggest worry.

Especially since we didn't have the opportunity to pay the MVC fee. I wish there was a way to have that guarantee. Everything about this seems so wrong but I digress.

Thank you for the reply, it's been really helpful!

Timeline
1 hour ago, TP & RK said:

Thank you for clarifying, I was freaking out because I thought we missed a step but that makes sense. I really hope they get back to us and we don't get forgotten about in the shuffle, that's my biggest worry.

Especially since we didn't have the opportunity to pay the MVC fee. I wish there was a way to have that guarantee. Everything about this seems so wrong but I digress.

Thank you for the reply, it's been really helpful

They definitely still have your paperwork on their desks, with the notice. I kept hounding them about rescheduling my interview but I kept getting replies about covid, proclamations etc preventing them from interviewing. I know quite a few people in our situation including cr1s and Dublin is currently getting all the backlogged cr1s out of the way first i think. Hopefully soon they move on to us. The embassy is deserted right now though. 

Perhaps if you email them about this? Might put your mind at ease. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ní hUisce said:

They definitely still have your paperwork on their desks, with the notice. I kept hounding them about rescheduling my interview but I kept getting replies about covid, proclamations etc preventing them from interviewing. I know quite a few people in our situation including cr1s and Dublin is currently getting all the backlogged cr1s out of the way first i think. Hopefully soon they move on to us. The embassy is deserted right now though. 

Perhaps if you email them about this? Might put your mind at ease. 

I see, well I hope that changes soon. & ya I think I should email them, I was just concerned because at the bottom of the email it says "Please do not reply" but at this point I think we need at least some answers on where we stand.

Timeline
3 hours ago, HRQX said:

This Thursday a federal judge might issue an order relating to K-1 issuance:

I'm one of the plaintiffs so I will update you on that! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ní hUisce said:

I'm one of the plaintiffs so I will update you on that! 

I didn't even realize you said you were one of the plantiffs! I literally just drafted a letter to Mr. Siskind because I figured why not?

Do you know if it is possible to be added to the list of plantiffs and share our story and if it's even worth it to send the letter?

It's wrong how many people are apart of this utter F-up, I'm glad you and others have brought it to the fore front. I've been trying to convince my lawyer for months to do something but I guess it doesn't really work out that way.

Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 1:48 AM, TP & RK said:

I didn't even realize you said you were one of the plantiffs! I literally just drafted a letter to Mr. Siskind because I figured why not?

Do you know if it is possible to be added to the list of plantiffs and share our story and if it's even worth it to send the letter?

It's wrong how many people are apart of this utter F-up, I'm glad you and others have brought it to the fore front. I've been trying to convince my lawyer for months to do something but I guess it doesn't really work out that way.

I think they already added plaintiffs but I could be wrong. Fire him an email! 

There's some bad news though. Dublin is closed for 6 weeks due to the lockdown. This is from someone who had their interview this Friday (cr1). 

Screenshot_20201021-111045_Messenger.jpg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ní hUisce said:

I think they already added plaintiffs but I could be wrong. Fire him an email! 

There's some bad news though. Dublin is closed for 6 weeks due to the lockdown. This is from someone who had their interview this Friday (cr1). 

Screenshot_20201021-111045_Messenger.jpg

I heard...  it's so frustrating!! So obviously we're probably not going to be able to get an answer our of the consulate for a bit at this point. Bleh.

However, that is good that at least they're holding your position.

Also, I did email him a formal letter and email and he replied right away with some helpful information, he has been quite kind and I truly hope this lawsuit makes headway 🤞🏾

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ní hUisce said:

We just got the email last friday that our K1 packet was en route to Dublin and the CEAC status was in transit and it suddenly changed to READY just today. I am very confused as to which step I have to follow next. Am I supposed to receive an email or mail through post that the packet is in the embassy already and I can start the rest? What "the rest" is, I am confused with as well. What is this documentation of readiness? Do I get scheduled and interview date by the embassy or do I book it myself? If there's a thread highlighting the steps to follow/expectations for the K1 visa application I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to that direaction please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.