persiankitten

Anyone else still waiting on Oath Ceremony to be scheduled?

11 posts in this topic

My husband had his interview in early March and we have been waiting for months for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Every month the "expected case completion" date just gets pushed back. Has anyone else waited this long for their ceremony to be scheduled? USCIS support just tell us to keep waiting. I'm starting to think something is wrong, since so many people with interviews are getting their oaths the same day or scheduled right after. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 6.16.09 PM.png

• 10 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, persiankitten said:

My husband had his interview in early March and we have been waiting for months for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Every month the "expected case completion" date just gets pushed back. Has anyone else waited this long for their ceremony to be scheduled? USCIS support just tell us to keep waiting. I'm starting to think something is wrong, since so many people with interviews are getting their oaths the same day or scheduled right after. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 6.16.09 PM.png

Hello I'm on the same boat. Any update? Thanks. Hope you'll see this

3 hours ago, Sercanned said:

Hello I'm on the same boat. Any update? Thanks. Hope you'll see this

Because my husband had both a green card app and citizenship app going on (we were told that they wouldn't give him a green card since he was waiting on the oath ceremony), we made one final enquiry at the suggestion of a lawyer for his green card. After that, about 2 weeks, we got an update that his oath ceremony was finally scheduled for July!!!

Timeline
Just now, persiankitten said:

Because my husband had both a green card app and citizenship app going on (we were told that they wouldn't give him a green card since he was waiting on the oath ceremony), we made one final enquiry at the suggestion of a lawyer for his green card. After that, about 2 weeks, we got an update that his oath ceremony was finally scheduled for July!!!

Omg waiting for oath ceremony for a YEAR????

Timeline
Just now, persiankitten said:

One year 2 months to be exact, haha.

That lawyer told us sometimes things get lost/forgotten and the enquiry probably helped nudge someone....

This could happen to any of us 😞 my court house isn't doing oath ceremonies due to covid... people have been waiting for months...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Had interview in mid March, was waiting for oath ceremony for months, called several times, tried to contact my officer by sending him letters to our local office. Made the last call and told them that I'm collecting docs for congressman to asks for help. Next day they scheduled oath ceremony for mid July. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/6/2021 at 1:28 AM, Outsider said:

Had interview in mid March, was waiting for oath ceremony for months, called several times, tried to contact my officer by sending him letters to our local office. Made the last call and told them that I'm collecting docs for congressman to asks for help. Next day they scheduled oath ceremony for mid July. 

Were you approved at the interview, or did you get the infamous "decision cannot be made"? 

It is good to know that at least some offices read the letters.  I might have to use this trick after my 120 days pass.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 10:45 AM, Coco&Kitten said:

Were you approved at the interview, or did you get the infamous "decision cannot be made"? 

It is good to know that at least some offices read the letters.  I might have to use this trick after my 120 days pass.

I passed the interview. And the officer checked A) "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.