LARA_nj

N-400 QUESTION ABOUT TRAVEL DATES

8 posts in this topic

i am willing to  file N-400,    just was checking if  i'am eligible to file,  i qualify for the other  requirements   but im afraid of  my travel dates in the past... I Have never stayed more than 6 months outside of the state but   around 5 months  for health related  reasons.  i listed my last travel  information  Can you please someone tell me  if im ok with  that dates to file ?

DEPARTURE -  ARRIVAL

03/26/2018  - 09/21/2018

06/01/2017  -11/27/2017

05/12/2015 -  10/05/2015

32 minutes ago, LARA_nj said:

i am willing to  file N-400,    just was checking if  i'am eligible to file,  i qualify for the other  requirements   but im afraid of  my travel dates in the past... I Have never stayed more than 6 months outside of the state but   around 5 months  for health related  reasons.  i listed my last travel  information  Can you please someone tell me  if im ok with  that dates to file ?

DEPARTURE -  ARRIVAL

03/26/2018  - 09/21/2018

06/01/2017  -11/27/2017

05/12/2015 -  10/05/2015

You file based on 3 years or 5 years?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, LARA_nj said:

DEPARTURE -  ARRIVAL

03/26/2018  - 09/21/2018

06/01/2017  -11/27/2017

05/12/2015 -  10/05/2015

USCIS officers are well aware of the games some people play. They will examine all of the trips taken during the 5 years that precedes the filing of the application. USCIS will notice if the applicant has taken multiple trips which appear calculated to take less than six months. The USCIS officer may consider the two separate trips as one long trip of more than 10 months.

56 minutes ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

USCIS officers are well aware of the games some people play. They will examine all of the trips taken during the 5 years that precedes the filing of the application. USCIS will notice if the applicant has taken multiple trips which appear calculated to take less than six months. The USCIS officer may consider the two separate trips as one long trip of more than 10 months.

I think that tends to happen on when there is a couple of weeks between trips. Not 4 months which is the shortest period of time in the ops timeline.

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

DEPARTURE -  ARRIVAL

03/26/2018  - 09/21/2018

06/01/2017  -11/27/2017

05/12/2015 -  10/05/2015

you should be fine.

9 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

DEPARTURE -  ARRIVAL

03/26/2018  - 09/21/2018

06/01/2017  -11/27/2017

05/12/2015 -  10/05/2015

I think you will be fine, and when you file online you will get a notification if you have a problem with your travel, then be ready with evidence that you kept your ties with US during your absences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.