7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hello! I've searched the forum but couldn't find a concrete answers so I'm hoping I could get some help.
I just got married (K1 VISA) aug 1st, 2020.

Do I have to wait for my marriage certificate to come in in-order to file for an AOS? (in NYC, they told us it takes 4-6 weeks to receive it in the mail)

Do I need to take a new medical exam? I just took one to get my K1 issued in Jan 2020. 

I've read that if you file for AOS after the 90 days, you're still good to go? Aslong as you've married within the 90-days. Is this true?

Sorry if these questions seem "common sense" like. I'm just a bit confused at the moment!

Thank you in advance for the help. Referal links to helpful threads and websites are more than welcome :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, abymarie said:

Hello! I've searched the forum but couldn't find a concrete answers so I'm hoping I could get some help.
I just got married (K1 VISA) aug 1st, 2020.

Do I have to wait for my marriage certificate to come in in-order to file for an AOS? (in NYC, they told us it takes 4-6 weeks to receive it in the mail)

Do I need to take a new medical exam? I just took one to get my K1 issued in Jan 2020. 

I've read that if you file for AOS after the 90 days, you're still good to go? Aslong as you've married within the 90-days. Is this true?

Sorry if these questions seem "common sense" like. I'm just a bit confused at the moment!

Thank you in advance for the help. Referal links to helpful threads and websites are more than welcome :) 

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes. But don't wait too much. You're out of status after 90 days.

Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes. But don't wait too much. You're out of status after 90 days.

1. Thank you! I was thinking that we had to wait for it to come in aswell. I just didnt want to assume that we had to wait and then find out I wasted 4-6 weeks by just sitting around. This is a relief.

2. Okay. So do I send the medical papers they gave me with my K1 visa when I file for AOS? Do I need to fill out the I-693 form aswell?

3. We plan to file as soon as our marriage license comes in! Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, abymarie said:

1. Thank you! I was thinking that we had to wait for it to come in aswell. I just didnt want to assume that we had to wait and then find out I wasted 4-6 weeks by just sitting around. This is a relief.

2. Okay. So do I send the medical papers they gave me with my K1 visa when I file for AOS? Do I need to fill out the I-693 form aswell?

3. We plan to file as soon as our marriage license comes in! Thank you

I got married in White Plains, NY, and got my marriage certificate in 3 days in my mailbox.

You can send the vaccination sheet. They have access to your medical from the package that you gave to the CBP officer at the airport. No need to fill out 693 unless you haven't had all your vaccines done abroad.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

I got married in White Plains, NY, and got my marriage certificate in 3 days in my mailbox.

Wow, really? We still haven't received ours. When we spoke to a city clerk she told us that it takes 4-6 weeks for us to receive it in the mail. We got married in Manhattan, NY.
We also had to do everything through project cupid due to COVID, don't know if that might have anything to do with the mailing delay

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.