Miguel1111

K1 Visa interview scheduled sept 2, Paris

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I had my original interview date in Paris in April but cancelled due to COvid-19. I moved the interview to JUNE, when I suspected they were going to cancelled, changed it to July. Same thing happened, befor ebeing cancelled I moved my appointment online to Sept 2nd. I tried moving the date once more but it says no available interview dates after sept 2nd. I want to know if anyone has had their K1 visa interview in Paris? I know they are under the proclamation, but im keeping this date since I cant even move it. Maybe I will receive a letter this next week of it being cancelled but idk. Is the embassy Open? will they finally let me and my fiance have our visa interview? Its hard to wait. 

23 minutes ago, Miguel1111 said:

Is the embassy Open?

Paris issued 2 K-1 visas in June, but I assume they were exempt from the Schengen Area proclamation. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/June 2020 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

For example, they could have met the following exemption: "(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

7 hours ago, Miguel1111 said:

I had my original interview date in Paris in April but cancelled due to COvid-19. I moved the interview to JUNE, when I suspected they were going to cancelled, changed it to July. Same thing happened, befor ebeing cancelled I moved my appointment online to Sept 2nd. I tried moving the date once more but it says no available interview dates after sept 2nd. I want to know if anyone has had their K1 visa interview in Paris? I know they are under the proclamation, but im keeping this date since I cant even move it. Maybe I will receive a letter this next week of it being cancelled but idk. Is the embassy Open? will they finally let me and my fiance have our visa interview? Its hard to wait. 

If the embassy hasn't opened the schedule for a particular month it's usually because they have not filled the month they are in/current process month. Keep checking.

Check to see if your embassy is processing visas and which ones. If your results return 999 that indicates that they are still not processing that visa type. Your mileage may vary.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html

Vist your subforum for your area where others from France can answer your questions with "boots on the ground" replys. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

There have been some posts in the K-1 visa Facebook groups from beneficiaries in France. Most have mentioned that their interviews have been repeatedly rescheduled since March. Someone also posted a screenshot of an email from the US Embassy in Paris stating that they are not processing K-1 visas at this time unless you are exempt from the Schengen area proclamation. I am not sure if this is accurate information or not, I am just relaying what I have seen/heard from other applicants. Sending you positive thoughts and well wishes during these hard times. 

mieux vaut tard que jamais 

38 minutes ago, aphr0dite said:

Someone also posted a screenshot of an email from the US Embassy in Paris stating that they are not processing K-1 visas at this time unless you are exempt from the Schengen area proclamation. 

That sounds right because the proclamation is clear: "The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish." https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/16/2020-05578/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of

How can K-1 applicants (that are subject to the proclamation) guarantee to the consular officers that they'll first go to an unrestricted country for 14 days before attempting travel to the US?

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
11 hours ago, aphr0dite said:

There have been some posts in the K-1 visa Facebook groups from beneficiaries in France. Most have mentioned that their interviews have been repeatedly rescheduled since March. Someone also posted a screenshot of an email from the US Embassy in Paris stating that they are not processing K-1 visas at this time unless you are exempt from the Schengen area proclamation. I am not sure if this is accurate information or not, I am just relaying what I have seen/heard from other applicants. Sending you positive thoughts and well wishes during these hard times. 

Can confirm cause I'm one of those who posted their email reply from the Paris embassy on one of the Facebook groups. They've used the March proclamation to suspend k1 at the moment. I'm currently on my 4th reschedule and I suspect that will get cancelled too

• 11 months later...
Timeline

Hi all, i hope you are doing great and positive during those hard moments?

i had my K1 application process start back in august 2019 and got the "go" from USCIS on December 2019, French citizen born and being with my soon to be wife since more than 6 years we thought it was an easy process.

Embassy in Paris sent the letter for interview during January 2020 and i book an appointment available for end of May that you guess got booted to June then July then september then nothing.

i also since more than a year send multiples emails via my Lawyer based in DC and i only got one classic answer, which was they are very sorry for the delay and that i should get ready and updates all my documents etc .. plus medical visits ( btw i am at my second MV from Dr Slattery since April 2020) so i can tell you i am in pretty good health.  

Since last May nothing at all and like most of you i am in the dark , i even thought about going to St marteen to spend 14 days off Schengen and then join my love for at least a week but Covid striked over there end of july 2021. 

i am with you all and lets hope that once everyone is really vaccinated and once the US new Ambassador will be active and ready to apply the States Departement voluntee, we will be able to get proceed from US embassy in Paris as Priority as they claim since last year.

be safe , be good , be yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.