Jump to content

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has everyone received biometrics info yet?

I see most are getting emails saying they are not needed.  Has anyone got an actual appointment to come in yet?

Just asking because its been 3 months and I've not received any info yet.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I completed the biometrics a little less than a month after filing the I-751 application. My application was received on 1/29/2020 and I did the biometrics on 2/26/2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes people are receiving biometrics appointments, and the absolute majority of those who received "biometrics waived" letters will have their biometrics later on in the process. 

 

ASC offices only opened in mid- and late July, that's only 2-3 weeks ago. Right now, the ASC offices are only taking a reduced amount of applicants for fingerprinting due to the pandemic and safety measures, meaning there's still a huge backlog and will continue to be for a long time. They won't catch up anytime soon. 

 

First they're rescheduling everyone who had an original appointment that was cancelled. That's a TON of people, and all kinds of applicants (not just ROC). 

 

So let's say you filed back in May, you likely have a few more months to wait for an appointment.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)

 

Naturalization (Los Angeles County Field Office):

04-19-2020 - Earliest filing date

05-01-2020 - N-400 filed online

05-01-2020 - Received date

05-04-2020 - NOA1 online

05-08-2020 - NOA1 hardcopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

Yes people are receiving biometrics appointments, and the absolute majority of those who received "biometrics waived" letters will have their biometrics later on in the process. 

 

ASC offices only opened in mid- and late July, that's only 2-3 weeks ago. Right now, the ASC offices are only taking a reduced amount of applicants for fingerprinting due to the pandemic and safety measures, meaning there's still a huge backlog and will continue to be for a long time. They won't catch up anytime soon. 

 

First they're rescheduling everyone who had an original appointment that was cancelled. That's a TON of people, and all kinds of applicants (not just ROC). 

 

So let's say you filed back in May, you likely have a few more months to wait for an appointment.

 
 
 
 

I would really hope one day they will start to issue exemption for biometrics since fingerprints won't change, and it just increases their work load by taking it three times (AOC, ROC, N-400) when they can just use the old one to do inquiries. 😅

 

By the way, is this a written regulation that they have to take fingerprints every time you submit an application?🤔

 

Edited by frank19910210

Google Sheet for I-751 September 2020 filer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit?usp=sharing

 

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

  • 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frank19910210 said:

I would really hope one day they will start to issue exemption for biometrics since fingerprints won't change, and it just increases their work load by taking it three times (AOC, ROC, N-400) when they can just use the old one to do inquiries. 😅

 

By the way, is this a written regulation that they have to take fingerprints every time you submit an application?🤔

 

Problem is that fingerprints can change. People can get scars, or burn their fingertips so the prints change. 

 

But yes, during this pandemic USCIS has stated on their website that biometrics CAN be waived in certain cases. I guess we just have to wait and see how common it'll be.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)

 

Naturalization (Los Angeles County Field Office):

04-19-2020 - Earliest filing date

05-01-2020 - N-400 filed online

05-01-2020 - Received date

05-04-2020 - NOA1 online

05-08-2020 - NOA1 hardcopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Problem is that fingerprints can change. People can get scars, or burn their fingertips so the prints change. 

 

But yes, during this pandemic USCIS has stated on their website that biometrics CAN be waived in certain cases. I guess we just have to wait and see how common it'll be.

Thanks for the explanation :)


Google Sheet for I-751 September 2020 filer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qxXZIxr2N7TtyEx8adtSQ2D9Z9GuG7fmjXc0sZMAAt8/edit?usp=sharing

 

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

  • 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, frank19910210 said:

Thanks for the explanation :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/can-fingerprints-change-during-a-lifetime/amp/

 

Scandi’s reply isn’t quite right. Fingerprints can only change temporarily and that would be noted if you turned up for biometrics and they’d likely turn you away. 

 

Also, biometrics are done first because they are related to background checks. If they get waived then they use the ones on file to complete those. They wouldn’t call you in later on to rerun the same checks.

 

Hope that helps!

Edited by AlxR
Mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...