EnglishLove

Updated list of what to bring to AOS interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case status FINALLY changed to Scheduled the Interview and now were just waiting for the letter in the mail stating the date and time. I know to bring everything we sent in for his AOS package plus wedding photos. We just bought a house together last month so we'll have that. I did file 2019 taxes jointly, however, IRS still has not processed them so I guess I should just bring a copy of what I sent in? What else should we be bringing. I've seen some lists of things to bring but they're years ago and want to make sure nothing has changed that we do or do not need to bring for the interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Your list sounds right.  We also brought in a copy of the K1 package we had submitted.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pooley said:

Our case status FINALLY changed to Scheduled the Interview and now were just waiting for the letter in the mail stating the date and time. I know to bring everything we sent in for his AOS package plus wedding photos. We just bought a house together last month so we'll have that. I did file 2019 taxes jointly, however, IRS still has not processed them so I guess I should just bring a copy of what I sent in? What else should we be bringing. I've seen some lists of things to bring but they're years ago and want to make sure nothing has changed that we do or do not need to bring for the interview. 

Bring original documents that got submitted as photocopies like the marriage license, etc. 

Bring anything that you have joint as a married couple like bank account, auto insurance, photocopy driver licenses showing same address, maybe you added him to your health insurance or as a beneficiary of something, anything that has both names like a bill, the tax return, etc.  Just think what you have that indicates you are a married couple sharing a life and home. The new house deed or mortgage is a good one. People in a scammer marriage don’t buy houses together. You’ll do fine. 
You don’t need your K1 file. That’s done and over. 

Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, Wuozopo said:

Bring original documents that got submitted as photocopies like the marriage license, etc. 

Bring anything that you have joint as a married couple like bank account, auto insurance, photocopy driver licenses showing same address, maybe you added him to your health insurance or as a beneficiary of something, anything that has both names like a bill, the tax return, etc.  Just think what you have that indicates you are a married couple sharing a life and home. The new house deed or mortgage is a good one. People in a scammer marriage don’t buy houses together. You’ll do fine. 
You don’t need your K1 file. That’s done and over. 

Quick question, how long after your case changed to "Interview was Scheduled" did you receive it in the mail?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pooley said:

Quick question, how long after your case changed to "Interview was Scheduled" did you receive it in the mail?

I didn’t have to interview. Greencard just showed up in the mail one day without any online updates. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I didn’t have to interview. Greencard just showed up in the mail one day without any online updates. 

What was the reason you didn’t get an interview? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Lucky!!

Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 1:31 AM, FreyandRyan said:

What was the reason you didn’t get an interview? 

Before the Trump edicts cracking down on immigration, about half the K1s skipped the AOS interview. There was no rhyme or reason who got to do that that I ever figured out...as in I was no more special than the next bloke who did interview. Random. But most got a status update of approved and an email saying approved, your card will arrive within x days. I just got a surprise at the mailbox one day. Saw the envelope and thought it was going to be the interview letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.