8bithearts

Questions abut 221(g) London

31 posts in this topic

So I had my interview on Thursday and received a 221(g) due to a missing W-2 (This was 100% uploaded to NVC but I didn't want to argue).

So I followed the instructions and couriered the document to the embassy the day after and got tracking info.

The 2 questions I have are

- On the tracking info it says the documents are 'collected'  - is this the same as them being delivered? I had a notification that it had been sent Friday afternoon.

- How long do 221(g)s for missing documents take on average in London, seems like its for simple information, there is nothing different on the W-2 than the 1040 that they already have, nothing else was ticked on the 221(g) for other than we needed to provide a transcript or a w-2 (the CO wrote or a w-2 in pen on the form)

Many Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, 8bithearts said:

On the tracking info it says the documents are 'collected'  - is this the same as them being delivered? I had a notification that it had been sent Friday afternoon.

The service picks up documents or passports to take to the embassy, so I think they may mean the documents were “collected” from you but not recorded as delivered yet. 

1 hour ago, 8bithearts said:

How long do 221(g)s for missing documents take on average in London, seems like its for simple information, there is nothing different on the W-2 than the 1040 that they already have, nothing else was ticked on the 221(g) for other than we needed to provide a transcript or a w-2 (the CO wrote or a w-2 in pen on the form)

The wait to process will be however long it takes somebody to get back to your case In the “to do” pile. Since they only are doing limited interviewing and only on Mondays and Wednesdays, they may get back to you quickly...a day or two. Then they pass it on for the rest of the processing. So consider it would take about a week for visa back to you if they had everything needed on interview day, and just add on the days to receive it and a couple days to get on the case again. 

Edited by Wuozopo

14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The service picks up documents or passports to take to the embassy, so I think they may mean the documents were “collected” from you but not recorded as delivered yet. 

The wait to process will be however long it takes somebody to get back to your case In the “to do” pile. Since they only are doing limited interviewing and only on Mondays and Wednesdays, they may get back to you quickly...a day or two. Then they pass it on for the rest of the processing. So consider it would take about a week for visa back to you if they had everything needed on interview day, and just add on the days to receive it and a couple days to get on the case again. 

He said at the interview when he gets the W-2 they are 'good to go' and they kept my passport so fingers crossed its soon :)

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, 8bithearts said:

He said at the interview when he gets the W-2 they are 'good to go' and they kept my passport so fingers crossed its soon :)

Thanks

Good to go still needs to go through final security database check, sent to print visa and stick in passport, hand off to courier, courier packaging (1day), courier delivery to you (1 day). Your status will say “issued” once the visa is printed. Then maybe 2 more days to reach you.

I got “approved” at the interview and it took three work days to switch to issued. Received it in hand after a full week exactly. 

I’m guessing that’s roughly the timeline you’re looking at now. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Melc

1 hour ago, Melc said:

I got “approved” at the interview and it took three work days to switch to issued. Received it in hand after a full week exactly. 

I’m guessing that’s roughly the timeline you’re looking at now. 

Good luck! 

We got “approved” at our interview on 23rd July and we’ve not had a status update since that day and still waiting for our visas and passports back. They did say it could take upto 2 weeks at that time though, which will be the end of this week. 

Ah ok! It might've started taking a bit longer again. 

My status online never changed until it went to issued, so I wouldn't be worried about that. Just fingers crossed you'll have them in hand soon!

On 8/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, 8bithearts said:

due to a missing W-2

Sorry to hijack but if I could ask another question, was the W2 needed because you used a joint sponsor, or was it the W2 of your spouse? Thank you.

Edited by corntop

4 minutes ago, corntop said:

Sorry to hijack but if I could ask another question, was the W2 needed because you used a joint sponsor, or was it the W2 of your spouse? Thank you.

It was the W-2 of my wife the American Citizen, we definitely uploaded to NVC I can see it on there but for some reason London didn't have it so I just resent it.

I called DX today as the document is still showing as 'Collected'.  Apparently it can take up to 4 working days to be delivered!  So I gave it to them on Friday morning and it still hasn't been delivered.  I could have walked it from Bristol and back in that time.  I will be calling tomorrow if it doesn't show as delivered.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, 8bithearts said:

I called DX today as the document is still showing as 'Collected'.  Apparently it can take up to 4 working days to be delivered!  So I gave it to them on Friday morning and it still hasn't been delivered.  I could have walked it from Bristol and back in that time.  I will be calling tomorrow if it doesn't show as delivered.

Did the document end up getting delivered by the end of the week?

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

5 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Did the document end up getting delivered by the end of the week?

It arrived on Thursday and it showed on the tracker as 'returned' which was confusing so I called DX and they confirmed it was at the embassy.  The status date on CEAC also changed to 6th August so it looks like they got it but still showing as 'refused' on CEAC, hopefully something will happen this week.

15 minutes ago, 8bithearts said:

So as an update my w-2 arrived last Thursday and the date on CEAC changed but still shows refused.  No updates since then and it's 2 weeks since the interview tomorrow.

I assume there is no way you can contact them and find out what's going on?  I would have expected some movement now 

My date just changed too (my interview was the 6th) but no status change, still says "Ready".

I'm hoping this will mean both of our cases change to Issued within the next few days 

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

40 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

My date just changed too (my interview was the 6th) but no status change, still says "Ready".

I'm hoping this will mean both of our cases change to Issued within the next few days 

My date hasn't changed for a week.  The 6th was the day they received my further document. It's just so frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.