Tommyla

Travel for spouse visa appointment Melb - Sydney

7 posts in this topic

Hey all I am hoping my application is processed to interview stage in the coming weeks - I think an appointment might be scheduled in Sydney soon based on reading through the forums. I am from Melbourne and wondering if I am able to travel to Sydney and if anyone has had similar luck getting a nsw permit for travel during the pandemic time? Is an appointment at consulate something the NSW permit allows for? Any information from others is helpful? Also does this mean you need to travel 14 days before to isolate before appointment? 

No travel to Sydney with Stage 4 restrictions. 

I was able to pass through to Sydney under Stage 3,  but it won’t happen during Stage 4. DHHS are at the airport in Vic and they won’t let you board in stage 4. 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K3 Process & Procedures to Australia and New Zealand regional forum; topic is about COVID-19 travel restrictions in Australia.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

17 hours ago, zochu said:

No travel to Sydney with Stage 4 restrictions. 

I was able to pass through to Sydney under Stage 3,  but it won’t happen during Stage 4. DHHS are at the airport in Vic and they won’t let you board in stage 4. 

When you applied for a permit what was the reason as I didn’t even see it listed as a possible reason? I saw for legal appointment but wasn’t sure if that was right category. When you went did you have to isolate for 14 days before appointment or were you allowed to go to appointment based on permit? Yes unsure how state 4 will impact travel as things change quite often.

2 hours ago, AussieBoy87 said:

I called NSW Health and was told under no circumstances is a visa appointment reason for entry. You're going to have to wait until NSW changes their border policy.

Ahhh I suspected that could be the case!! Will wait to hear what happens next or hope these restrictions ease! Hopefully once Victoria’s stage 4 slows NSW will reopen to Victoria.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 8/2/2020 at 6:08 PM, Tommyla said:

Hey all I am hoping my application is processed to interview stage in the coming weeks - I think an appointment might be scheduled in Sydney soon based on reading through the forums. I am from Melbourne and wondering if I am able to travel to Sydney and if anyone has had similar luck getting a nsw permit for travel during the pandemic time? Is an appointment at consulate something the NSW permit allows for? Any information from others is helpful? Also does this mean you need to travel 14 days before to isolate before appointment? 

Hey Tommyla - I just got DQ'd today -next step is interview scheduling for Sydney consulate. Just curious as to why you think you'll be scheduled soon? I couldn't find much on the forums around schedulings taking place. In fact from what I gather, they're still closed and only doing emergency interviews. Thanks!

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.