Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey need help,

Do i need to have original documents with me at the interview submitted by the petitioner an nvc like affidavit of support, tax return, proof of relationship etc or just the original docs submitted by the applicant.

2 hours ago, Waiting21 said:

I also want to know

As per their website

Either tax return OR tax transcript. so tax returns will be fine.

#2. Yes Keep your petitioner AOS with you that is Compulsory say them to send you email and take a print out of both of these.

By the way what years of tax returns you are taking with you.

and Best of Luck

Edited by Ali Creative

11 minutes ago, Ali Creative said:

As per their website

#2. Yes Keep your petitioner AOS with you that is Compulsory say them to send you email and take a print out of both of these.

and Best of Luck

Question is updated AOS or old one(accepted by NVC)?

2 hours ago, Ali Creative said:

As per their website

and Best of Luck

That was the question actually, I have the AOS with 2019 tax details. But my wife will file her tax at the end of the march and hopefully my interview will be in mid April. Do I have to update the AOS with 2020 tax details? Someone in the family told me that the AOS is good till one year after approval.

But I'm not sure. 

5 minutes ago, Zaidi5 said:

That was the question actually, I have the AOS with 2019 tax details. But my wife will file her tax at the end of the march and hopefully my interview will be in mid April. Do I have to update the AOS with 2020 tax details? Someone in the family told me that the AOS is good till one year after approval.

But I'm not sure. 

if your interview is after april 15, you have to have updated AOS uploaded and needs to take  it with you.

if your interview is before april 15 .. you should be fine.. with 2019

Timeline

Did anyone had to resubmit I-864 after interview and how long did it take them to approve visa after required docs were submitted to CEAC?

Edited by Aul2580
Added more to original question

1 hour ago, Zaidi5 said:

But I'm not sure. 

Here is authentic URL link
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

whatever you submitted at NVC bring that in interview, if additional things they required this time Embassy will send you email to bring it otherwise no need.

3 hours ago, Ali Creative said:

Here is authentic URL link
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

whatever you submitted at NVC bring that in interview, if additional things they required this time Embassy will send you email to bring it otherwise no need.

To my surprise, official website says " You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC".

Screenshot Attached:

Screenshot 2021-02-18 040257.jpg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Zaidi5 said:

To my surprise, official website says " You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC".

Screenshot Attached:

Screenshot 2021-02-18 040257.jpg

I think to be safe, people should still be bringing these financial documents to the interview. Check this https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html#pre_interview_checklist it says 

For family based applications:

• The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

• Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, Naturalization Certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).

• Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as family photographs, letters, petitioner birth and/or marriage certificate or emails).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.